Enhanced Movie Center (EMC)

AlexWilMac

In EMC you can select the file you want to play (not only video files but also music) by the REC LIST button. Or you can select all files in a folder by pressing MENU and choosing MARK ALL FILES.
This allows also to go to the previous or next by < and > if you don't want to wait for the current to finish playing.

PaaNooS

Vu+ Newbie
In EMC you can select the file you want to play (not only video files but also music) by the REC LIST button. Or you can select all files in a folder by pressing MENU and choosing MARK ALL FILES.
This allows also to go to the previous or next by < and > if you don't want to wait for the current to finish playing.

Ohhh it was SO simple !!
Sorry for my delay.
Thank you Alexwilmac

PaaNooS

Vu+ Newbie
Can somebody help me here, as I still didn't reach anyone who has any idea about it. Namely, at first I was looking if there is EMC version for Arm (I have Duo 4K) which would support SubsSupport as it did one of the special versions for previous Vu processors. I thinks (last) SubsSupport version was 1.54 and it included special version of EMC which correctly started subtitles if they were in same folder and with same name as a movie (was working with .srt and .sub files just fine). These EMC versions do not start subtitles automatically with the movie (regardless how I configure it) and when I start them manually they are in wrong encoding, again regardless the language and other options I set in EMC. Is there any way to do it? I don't care if it's through EMC alone, or the way it was before where special version of EMC was released.
What does EMC uses to play movies? Own media player or the one from the system? If the one from the system is there a way for me to subst MP with MP2 from SubsSupport, which does everything correctly, starts subs automatically and in proper encoding. If it's not clear by now, it's only about running the movies from my HD and NAS where they all have subs files in same folder. Right now I'm using MP2 to play them, but MP2 is poor soft when it comes to other functionality related to movies.

Thanks in advance!

I have exactly the same problem even with Ultimo 4K with Greek
Is there any suggestion ?

PaaNooS

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry for this question but I'm very confused

I'm sure that when I long pressed BLUE button I was able to see a Mini Menu including some settings but now I take the message 'no plugin assigned'

How can I reappear Mini Menu ?

AlexWilMac

You can decide EMC settings launching it and then pressing MENU.
Or, alternatively, entering from GREEN panel the plugin itself: in this case you'll be directly within its Configuration.
Probably you reflashed your image and lost your customization.

PaaNooS

Vu+ Newbie
You can decide EMC settings launching it and then pressing MENU.

Sorry, didn't understand. Here are my settings : Enter EMC, press menu, go to 'EMC setup', go to 'Long Blue button function' and select 'Button disabled"

Or, alternatively, entering from GREEN panel the plugin itself: in this case you'll be directly within its Configuration.
Probably you reflashed your image and lost your customization.

When I am in 'TV mode" and long press blue button I see the message 'No plugin assigned'
You're right. Somehow I lost my customization but I don't remember the name of this Mini Menu plugin (including MiniTV settings and Quad pip settings) and I don't know to fix this

AlexWilMac

No, follow exactly what I wrote: I wrote GREEN Panel. Green panel means, (from TV mode, of course) JUST and only pressing GREEN: this gets you access to the Plugins list (attached picture 1).
Choose EMG and OK: now you are directly in the EMC configuration menu.
Now, if you scroll down, you can customise every coloured buttons... (picture 2)
After you change its options, remember to save!

You can get here AFTER having recalled EMC (where it shows the list of files) and THEN pressing MENU.

WARNING: There's a known EMC bug that causes the image to get stuck if you enter EMC configuration menu TWICE before a GUI restart!

(This means you enter EMC configuration, do something or also nothing, exit from it and then enter again).
Before a second recall of EMC configuration menu, you need to restart GUI.

Attachments

• EMC-1.jpg
    EMC-1.jpg
    341.4 KB · Views: 46
  • EMC-2.jpg
    EMC-2.jpg
    219.1 KB · Views: 45

AlexWilMac

Again this LONG BLUE press? LONG BLUE pressing from TV has nothing to do with EMC!!!!

You have (so far) talked about configuring long blue for EMC, that means what you want EMC to do if pressing long blue (after having already entered EMC, of course!), not the GUI in general!

PaaNooS

Vu+ Newbie
ok. forget LONG BLUE press for now. There is a more serious problem with above green error screen. In fact my STB loops restarting, so I have to fix this error first of all

AlexWilMac

Then is appropriate to open a different thread for a different issue: a forum can't be used like a messy whatsapp chat. ;)

nunigaia

Searching for 'Blue button long press' I found this http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/problem-with-lcd4linux.28158/#post-207317 and noted that lcd4linux was missed from my system. So went to extensions and downloaded "lcd4linux for Ultimo" version but after restart my STB goes to a loop with a green err or page (see attach). I had to switch off from power button to stop this loop. So how can I fix this ?
Please help

View attachment 48343

Code:
opkg install --force-reinstall enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux

or, if not suceeds

Code:
opkg install --force-downgrade enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux

best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

Finally I decided to re-flash BH, so everything returned and work fine
Thank you both for your suggestions and for your patience

NP, we are all glad for sure, that you sorted it out!

best regards
nunigaia

note: Thanks for your feedback

Miguelin

Vu+ Newbie
Is the EMC version under BlackHole Addons the last one or we can download newer ipk version from anywhere?

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

moe379farmer

Vu+ Newbie
OpenPLi 8.0 » Stable release
with

enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedmoviecenter (4.0+git1577+20181110)
how to usb video play

I have a few questions:
- Should I install both GStreamer & DVD player plugins before EMC 3? Where can I find them and what versions should I use?
- By default I see /hdd/movie/ folder. How I can switch to external drive or USB stick? Can I change the default directory from /hdd/movie/ to any other permanently?
- Can integrated Pli plugin Media Scanner be configured to launch EMC to play the media?
Thanks

Last edited:

moe379farmer

Vu+ Newbie
How to play movies from external USB hard drive ?

I can't find the right path to find my HDD.

It's not present in USB and HDD directory.

nunigaia

OpenPLi 8.0 » Stable release
with

enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedmoviecenter (4.0+git1577+20181110)
how to usb video play

I have a few questions:
- Should I install both GStreamer & DVD player plugins before EMC 3? Where can I find them and what versions should I use?
- By default I see /hdd/movie/ folder. How I can switch to external drive or USB stick? Can I change the default directory from /hdd/movie/ to any other permanently?
- Can integrated Pli plugin Media Scanner be configured to launch EMC to play the media?
Thanks

You are asking for support under BlackHole Images section.
You might consider to ask for support at:

Code:
https://forums.openpli.org/

best regards
nunigaia

alex46978

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. I have installed the version "enigma2-plugin-extensions-enhancedmoviecenter_4.0+git1585+20190304_all.ipk" on Vu+ duo4k. And i have some issues.

One is strange behavior with RESUME function. When you have seen some percentage of video (maybe 70 %, i don't know exactly) and you stop watching within this last 30 %, the file is marked as viewed. When you open that file again it will be played from beginning. That's very inconvenient if the file is the live sport with duration 12 or more hours. I've tried to change all settings that refer to RESUME function but with no success.

Other issue is the way the information looks on receiver display. (I've attached an image).

Attachments

• P6090010.JPG
    P6090010.JPG
    444.2 KB · Views: 20