EPG for UK freeview

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there. Can anyone help me to get the EPG set-up for the UK free view channels please? I use crosepg at the moment, and am able to populate all the satellite channels with EPG data, but not freeview. Thanks for any help that you can offer me.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Bump!! Hi guys. Any ideas on this. I did have a minimal amount t of EPG for some of the free view channels, but the rest had some very finny characters, looked like Russian or Chinese text. But now I get no EPG info at all. Thanks once again for any help with this.

yummer

BH Lover
Set up crossepg update providers. Then only select xepgdb providers rytec both UK ones near bottom of list I think they are. Not near my stb at min

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Cool thanks I will give that a go. I kind of found a way to do it since. I set the black hole epg up for "yes" for the display eit epg in channels lists and this did populate my free view channels, the HD channels still had those funny characters. Also I prefer not to use eit, as this messes with the normal crossepg entries when you scroll thogh the channel list. I will try your suggestions and let you know how I get on. Thanks.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Still no joy. I tried the two rytec providers, but this did not populate my free view list, and neither does the open TV epg download. Thanks for any more help and suggestions guys.

yummer

BH Lover
Hi mate first configure cross EPG. Select save to HDD. And yes to all other options. Update all providers. Disable all other EPG and try just xepgdb rytec UK bbci xmltv andrytec UK xmltv. Check provider start order mine has bbci one at top. Go back and select download now.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Had a quick chance to try the suggestions out. Fist off I deleted the crosssepg on my media folder and stated from scratch. I set up the xepgdb rytec UK bbci xmltv and rytec UK xmltv and down loaded them. The sat channels populate fine as normal, but still no EPG data on the freeview dvb-t. Maybe I am doing some things wrong here. If you guys have the time, the help and suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Did a bit of research on cross epg. And I came across the alias facility. When your store a list of alias channels in an alias config file, within the cross epg folder. I'd like to try this, but it seems a tad confusing. Any way, I think that you guys perhaps don't use this method to get EPG for free view anyway. Just a thought.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry for posting in the wrong section guys. Do you have any more ideas or suggestions that I can try out to fix my problem please? Thanks.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry to bump this thread again. Any update or ideas on how to get the EPG. I would really like to get the EPG going on the freview channels as I quite often record shows and series from there. Without the EPG this makes things very difficult. Thanks for your continued help guys.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Hi. Thanks for your continued support and replies. I have tried all the suggested ways of setting up cross epg, but still no luck. The only way that I can actual get the epg for free view is to set up the blackhole epg panel, to show eit in the channel lists. Just to make sure, if there has been any confusion, I am trying to get the epg for UK terrestrial freeview via a TV aerial, not freesat. Thanks for your continued help.

kingy29

Vu+ Newbie
Setup CrossEPG to XEPGDP --> Rytec UK BBCi XMLTV
You must tune in your receiver to a Terrestrial program eg. BBC1 for the epg to populate

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Cheers. So I can disable black hole eit settings, and just use cross epg with the download on tune option, and go to bbc 1 on my terrstrial channel list and it should populate. Thanks I will try this later.