epg_new.dat downloaded but EPG not displayed

Zsolt Kulcsar

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

I've been trying to get XMLTV EPG to work on my VU+Zero with Blackhole 3.0.5 on but with no success. I use EPGimporter and manage to DL the epg.dat (actually it is always epg_new.dat, even if i don't have any epg file at the time) to /media/usb, but then nothing happens. I tried to reboot, to rename epg_new > epg.dat etc., but still no EPG is displayed in the bouquets. Channel id:s, service ref:s looks correct, I have also switched of the EIT EPG in Blackholes EPG panel. When EIT EPG is on then the EPG is displayed, but if I understand it correctly , that EPG is the DVB one, not from my downloaded epg.dat file.
Is there anyone who has encountered this issue, google did not made me any wiser...
Appreciate any help,
Thx

Matrix10

Administrator
Hi,

I've been trying to get XMLTV EPG to work on my VU+Zero with Blackhole 3.0.5 on but with no success. I use EPGimporter and manage to DL the epg.dat (actually it is always epg_new.dat, even if i don't have any epg file at the time) to /media/usb, but then nothing happens. I tried to reboot, to rename epg_new > epg.dat etc., but still no EPG is displayed in the bouquets. Channel id:s, service ref:s looks correct, I have also switched of the EIT EPG in Blackholes EPG panel. When EIT EPG is on then the EPG is displayed, but if I understand it correctly , that EPG is the DVB one, not from my downloaded epg.dat file.
Is there anyone who has encountered this issue, google did not made me any wiser...
Appreciate any help,
Thx

You must use CrossEPG with BH 3.0.5
I did not test but I believe that you have it inside the image.

Zsolt Kulcsar

Vu+ Newbie
Thx for the answer, but actually after many hours of testing I got it working with EPGimporter.
It shows that since I'm using a closed source image, the epg.dat is overwritten at shutdown before reboot, so I needed to rename the epg_new file at startup using the enigma2_pre_start.sh.
Moreover, reboot via telnet did not work, I had to reboot via GUI.
Hope this helps somebody out there, I could not find the answer anywhere on the net for this issue...