error script failled (genesis)

gmx

Vu+ Newbie
hi peeps
all of a sudden when i select a movie or series episode to play i get error script failed.
anyone else getting this error?
had the error on 2.1.5 so upgraded imang and now running 2.1.6 on duo2
hoepfully theres a fix for it;-)

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Your right but this way the developers can make a fix in next update. Knowing how to fix. You can try downloading the package yourself and install it manually with the ipk on menu ipk manual install.
Make a full backup before so it some big problem happens you can recover

With OpenBH it can be fixed that way.

gateshead

Vu+ Newbie
hi mate do a factory reset through maintenance tool. (programs, maintenance tool, factory reset/fresh start, then reboot) start xbmc then turn off auto update (guide on you tube) then reinstall what you want till a fix becomes available.

gmx

Vu+ Newbie
hi mate do a factory reset through maintenance tool. (programs, maintenance tool, factory reset/fresh start, then reboot) start xbmc then turn off auto update (guide on you tube) then reinstall what you want till a fix becomes available.
Cheers. Done that and installed just genesis but still the same!
Hopefully a fix will rear its head quickly, missing it already lol

grik

Vu+ Newbie
dont expect the fix to come quickly, its a single addon not working right now on the BH normal version.
If you want to already correct, just install OBH, Open BlackHole and run that command to fix.

Even in next main update (2.1.7) on BH the fix of this isnt assured. I would advise you once more to migrate to OBH.

gateshead

Vu+ Newbie
Cheers. Done that and installed just genesis but still the same!
Hopefully a fix will rear its head quickly, missing it already lol

hi you can install a earlier version of genesis 3.2.1 through lambda's XBMC Addons repository. programs, get more, addon installer. then back click to programes, add on installer, Repository, lambda's XBMC Addons, download genesis. remember to turn off auto update.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: gmx

gmx

Vu+ Newbie
hi you can install a earlier version of genesis 3.2.1 through lambda's XBMC Addons repository. programs, get more, addon installer. then back click to programes, add on installer, Repository, lambda's XBMC Addons, download genesis. remember to turn off auto update.
BOOM, thanks mate that worked a treat;-)

Last edited by a moderator:

gmx

Vu+ Newbie
Is this "error script failed" fault the same for everyone using genesis?
Although downgrading to 3.2.1 works, it has errors and slow response. Would love it if there was a fix for the fault.

grik

Vu+ Newbie
Like i said before there is no solution usin normal BH image.

Just give it a try to OBH and u have the fix and u can use latest genesis version.
Works flawless and fast here on OBH.

gmx

Vu+ Newbie
Like i said before there is no solution usin normal BH image.

Just give it a try to OBH and u have the fix and u can use latest genesis version.
Works flawless and fast here on OBH.
So ur saying there will never be a solution?
Am more than happy with original black hole image. Would love xbmc to work, but not a major issue as I have it on other devices

grik

Vu+ Newbie
I'm saying it probably won't get the lib install that this addon needs in the latest version.

Here OBH is running faster that normal BH.
Just try it once and go back and restore normal BH with full backup/restore its easy. Try OBH and then revert to BH if needed.
Good luck