explane unicable LNB?

grump

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,

Im trying to understand how the the unicable LNB works and have some questions.

am i correct that a 24port unicable II LNB can modulate 24 individual transponders down to L-band (SCR1-24)

my questions are:

1) how does Vu box communicate to the unicable LNB to select the transponders in LV/LH/HV/HH?
2) how is the LNB powered
3) how is the above done with multible Vu boxes

AlexWilMac

To take advantage of SCR channels, you need a VU+ equipped by FBC tuners which is a tuner with many virtual tuners.
You'll configure, then, one SCR channel (usually SCR1, but it doesn't matter) for Tuner A and every other ones connected to the Tuner A but each one using a different SCR channel.
But not 24, as far as I know: I think the maximum FBC for our images is 8 (I have a 4 channel SCR LNB and that's enough: never used them all, because you often use channels on the same transponders, and this does not engage a free FBC tuner.

Power LNB is the same: nothing special and nothing different from Universal ones: you don't need to set anything special.

grump

Vu+ Newbie
currently i have vu+solo2 and a vu+zero on a single dual LNB nothing fancy.

Im planning of getting a inverto unicable II lnb and maby a vu+duo4k. The plan was to use the 8 demod for streaming to small units like tables and phones and have the old vu+ units for the tv.

but i cant understand how the 3 boxes can communicate to and power the lnb over one cable. From what i can see the only output from the box is DiSEqC signals.

because the box has to communicate with the LNB to get the SCR channels to point at the rights transponders?

and can a vu+ point at tuner A on a external VU+box?

AlexWilMac

You'll have to use the ADVANCED tuner configuration, obviously, not the simple one that's only for DiSEqC.
The Solo and the Zero will use SCR channels simply different from the ones you'll set for Duo4K.
For instance: SCR channel from 1 to 8 for Duo4K, 9 for Solo, 10 for Zero.
And, again: what's this strange worry about "powering" LNB? They are powered by the sat cable, as always!

grump

Vu+ Newbie
I was just worrying about putting multiple power sources on one cable usual not a good thing, Each VU box can produce 13/18volt.

And i like to know how stuff works but i will try and put my worries aside and just build the damn system...;)

just ordered a DUR-line UK124 LNB, and will try with that one.

just need to decide what Vu+ box to buy, might end up with the Duo4k.

thanks for you're help

Tururu

BH Lover
The receiver asks the LNB for such tp/frequencies and the LNB is sent over a communication channel (SCR) at such a frequency that it is the one configured in the receiver to make the request.
The receiver uses DiSEqC-like commands to communicate with the LNB.
VU + s generally have no problem communicating with the LNB.
The unicable LNB, you put it similar to the other (counterpoised LNB) connects to the cable and then at home.
You need to use a splitter with as many outputs as you have receivers, with a power supply to serve all the receivers.
The VU+Solo2 needs a connection to tuner B, it is in advanced configuration, using SCR1 (for example), Tuner A in advanced and connected to tuner B, with SCR2 (for example).
You need another splitter mouth for the VU+DUO4, you connect the cable to the external mouth of the FBC A tuner, the A tuner, advance as SCR3 (for example), the advanced B tuner and with SCR4 (for example), then don't forget as connected to tuner A, the rest of the CDEFGH tuner, as connected and each to its SCR, points in a role that tuner to that SCR, according to the installed image, similar in all.
The power supply is active in all the tuners and it is not a problem, the unicable system controls it and it is not a problem.
If the VU + DUO4K has the other slot/card
and you have another 8 tuners, this one needs another connection from the splitter, similar configuration, now you connect to external port I, with SCR11, similar to tuner J, connected to I and SCR12.
So all, this unicable LNB system, does not give problems, in my case with several teams, VU+DUO2 (4 tuners), plus VU + Ultimo4K, 16 tuners each receiver and leaving some test SCR free.
Specifying a little more in communication.
The unicable LNB, if nobody asks you for anything, doesn't send anything, when you ask for something, it generates the information in an SCR channel (each one uses a frequency), we could say that similar to a modular DTT that has the requested channel.
This generation does that when requesting such a channel, can you ever see that it says that the channel is missing and a second later everything is fine, ok.
Its normal.
I don't know if you use the blind search of the VU+Solo2.
With these LNBs it does not work, only normal/manual searches, otherwise everything is perfect.
As the blind search of the VU+DUO4K does not work, no problem.
In Spanish for me.
-------------
El receptor le pide al LNB tal tp/frecuencias y el LNB se lo manda por un canal de comunicación (SCR) a tal frecuencia que es el configurado en el receptor para hacer la peticion.
El receptor usa comandos similares a DiSEqC para comunicarse con el LNB.
Los VU+ en general no tienen problemas para comunicarse con el LNB.
El LNB unicable, lo pones similar al otro (contrapolado del LNB) se conecta al cable y luego en casa.
Necesitas usar un splitter de tantas salidas como receptores tengas,con paso de alimentacion para dar servicio a todos los receptores.
El VU+Solo2, necesita una conexion al tuner B, este en configuracion avanzada, usando el SCR1 (por ejemplo), el Tuner A en avanzada y conectado al tuner B, con SCR2 (por ejemplo).
Necesitas otra boca del splitter para el VU+DUO4, Conectas el cable a la boca externa del tuner FBC A, el tuner A, avanzad como SCR3 (por ejemplo), el tuner B avanzado y con SCR4 (por ejemplo), luego no olvides como conectado al tuner A, resto de tuner CDEFGH, como conectado y cada uno a su SCR, apunta en un papel que tuner a que SCR, segun imagen instalada, similar en todos.
La alimentacion esta activa en todos los tuner y no es problema, el sistema unicable lo controla y no es problema.
Si el VU+DUO4K tiene el otro slot/placa
y tienes otros 8 tuner, este necesita otra conexion del splitter, configuracion similar, ahora conectas a la boca externa I, con el SCR11, similar al tuner J, conectado al I y SCR12.
Asi todos, este sistema LNB unicable, no da problemas, en mi caso con con varios equipos, VU+DUO2 (4 tuner), mas los VU+Ultimo4K, 16 tuner cada receptor y dejando libre algun SCR de prueba.
Concretando un poco mas en la comunicacion.
El LNB unicable, si nadie le pide nada, no manda nada, cuando le pides algo, genera la informacion en un canal SCR (cada uno usa una frecuencia), podriamos decir que similar a un modular de TDT que tiene el canal solicitado.
Esta generacion hace que al pedir tal canal, alguna vez puedes ver que dice que el canal no esta y un segundo despues todo bien, ok.
Es lo normal.
No se si usas la busqueda ciega del VU+Solo2.
Con estos LNB no funciona, solo busquedas normales/manuales, por lo demas, todo perfecto.
Como la busqueda ciega del VU+DUO4K no funciona, sin problema.

A photo of the communication channels (SCR) of a 24SCR LNB.
Una foto de los canales de comunicacion (SCR) de un LNB de 24SCR.

LNB-unicable-3-10-20-SCR-activos.png

Connection of different types of LNB/Conexionado de diferentes tipos de LNB.
LNB-unicable-legacy-normal.png