Full backup not working with NAS any longer

AlexWilMac

Scenario: OBH 4.4.023 installed in flash. Solo4K, Zero 4K, Duo2
All of a sudden, with the last 023 OBH update, it became impossible to OBH Manager to complete a FullBackup. It has always been scheduled daily but now it has been impossible to complete them.
Sometimes, already entering the menu Backup, the three boxes struggle and need many minutes only to show the list of the previous backups.
Other times, the process begins, creates the temp files, seems to complete the creation of the first step, (the creation of temp rootfs.tar file) then gets stuck after beginning the second step, creating rootfs.tar.bz2 temp file.
Then it usually crashes, the GUI seems to restart but it doesn't succeed at it and I need to switch off the boxes.
It happens, with different crashlogs, either with EclipseFire skin (whing gave me a specific error) or with the default BlackShadow_SE.
The full backup now only work with locally attached devices.
I tried also removing the destination folder of the backups and let it create again. I tried completely changing the shared folder as destination. Nothing.

Notice that NAS is working for everything else (not only to share its contents but also to create a daily copy of VU+ recordings): this means, no problem at all transferring large files from or to NAS.

It is configured, as always under OBH, as CIFS.
Anyone else who has got a NAS may confirm that?

AlexWilMac

P.S. I forgot to add the crashlog and that it can't be a NAS issue or a bad configuration, not only because nothing changed in the NAS configuration, but above all because it still possible to perform personal settings backups.
So why personal backups work and full doesn't? That's the puzzling question. Unless, as I reckon, there's a problem in OBHManager component.

Attachments

• Enigma2_crash_2021-10-18_09-53-06.txt.zip
    13.9 KB · Views: 5

Ev0

Admin
09:53:06.0545 OSError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: '/media/net/Public/imagebackups/'

AlexWilMac

Unfortunately, the directory exists and, by the way, even if it doesn't exists, this is not a problem because FullBackup creates it again, as it happens whatever the destination folder is.
As a matter of fact, the first time you use Fullbackup, it creates the folders.
In this case, this message testifies that there is a problem at recognising the path, not certainly the non existence of the folder.
I also tried to change destination folder and it always start the process, creates the imagebackup folder, within it creates the 3 temp folders needed and begins creating the temp root.fs file.
Then it stops.
Instead, within the same folder, there is no problem at performing the Personal Backup...
And this has never happened in the last 3 or 4 years and since OBH 4.1.

AlexWilMac

This has nothing to do with the issue: I said the FB has been working for some years and then it stopped working a few days ago, after one of the last update. Anyway, it supports till SMB3.