GREEN SCREEN LOOP

masseselsev

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry for interrupting your "willy-nilly" discussion :))

I god the same green screen loop problem after installing OpenWebIF plugin in addition to BH native Webinterface.
After that everything was ok until i rebooted fully. Than i got a loop.
I think it's because of same '80' ports being used by both of webifs...
I tried to fix it a bit harshly by removing OpenWebIF filder and after that there is no loop, BUT...

It now tells me that "some plugins are not available", and shows me a list of failed Extentions with "No module named blah blah"...

I think i ruined some plugin activation processes by doing my 'dirty' tricks with plugins' folder...

Can it be fixed? Or i should reinstall BH? And of course, i made it right way by making no backups. :D

Tamaki

Administrator
Sorry for interrupting your "willy-nilly" discussion :))

I god the same green screen loop problem after installing OpenWebIF plugin in addition to BH native Webinterface.
After that everything was ok until i rebooted fully. Than i got a loop.
I think it's because of same '80' ports being used by both of webifs...
I tried to fix it a bit harshly by removing OpenWebIF filder and after that there is no loop, BUT...

It now tells me that "some plugins are not available", and shows me a list of failed Extentions with "No module named blah blah"...

I think i ruined some plugin activation processes by doing my 'dirty' tricks with plugins' folder...

Can it be fixed? Or i should reinstall BH? And of course, i made it right way by making no backups. :D
Which BH are you using.
Now openwebif is the default one in BH.

masseselsev

Vu+ Newbie
oh? maybe i got it wrong and the default one is 'openwebif' and the installed one is 'webinterface'

i apologise for misguiding you )

bh 1.7.5

Tamaki

Administrator
oh? maybe i got it wrong and the default one is 'openwebif' and the installed one is 'webinterface'

i apologise for misguiding you )

bh 1.7.5
I think if you installed old webif you could make your img unstable, i think there are some conflicts.

masseselsev

Vu+ Newbie
i just installed a new one near an old one.
then i got a boot loop.
then i removed a folder with openwebif (i just didnt know that it was the native one).
and got this problem described above

Tamaki

Administrator
i just installed a new one near an old one.
then i got a boot loop.
then i removed a folder with openwebif (i just didnt know that it was the native one).
and got this problem described above
Try to put this back and remove webif.

Attachments

• OpenWebif.rar
    2.1 MB · Views: 20

masseselsev

Vu+ Newbie
tried. didnt work.

i think i should place both of them back, go to addon settings and change port number for one of those (webif or openwebif). but i have to do it through ftp or telnet...
do you know where port settings could be stored?

Tamaki

Administrator
tried. didnt work.

i think i should place both of them back, go to addon settings and change port number for one of those (webif or openwebif). but i have to do it through ftp or telnet...
do you know where port settings could be stored?
Try to enter in plugins, and find openwebif and webif, i think you can set port there.

masseselsev

Vu+ Newbie
ahhh.. Tamaki, you dont understand me. :)

i cant put both of them back and boot up, because it causes a green screen loop.
i only can boot up with one of them in plugins folder.
but when my stb boots up this way, it cant load plugins (It tells me that "some plugins are not available", and shows me a list of failed Extentions with "No module named blah blah"...).

so i have to do it through a cfg file fix via ftp.

Tamaki

Administrator
ahhh.. Tamaki, you dont understand me. :)

i cant put both of them back and boot up, because it causes a green screen loop.
i only can boot up with one of them in plugins folder.
but when my stb boots up this way, it cant load plugins (It tells me that "some plugins are not available", and shows me a list of failed Extentions with "No module named blah blah"...).

so i have to do it through a cfg file fix via ftp.
I'm afraid you have to flash it again.
Then try to change openwebif port and then install webif, but i'm not syure old webif is compatible with new img.
I never try.

masseselsev

Vu+ Newbie
I'm afraid you have to flash it again.
Then try to change openwebif port and then install webif, but i'm not syure old webif is compatible with new img.
I never try.
oh, i dont want to do it again :)
it was my mistake installing this webinterface addon, i thought it could manage stb settings through the web and it cant.
i couldnt find port cfg file for webinterface addon, so i decided to reflash.
Anyway, thanks for your time, but only a new img have cured my vu+ =)

Tamaki

Administrator
oh, i dont want to do it again :)
it was my mistake installing this webinterface addon, i thought it could manage stb settings through the web and it cant.
i couldnt find port cfg file for webinterface addon, so i decided to reflash.
Anyway, thanks for your time, but only a new img have cured my vu+ =)
That is strange that you didn't manage to remove webif and put back openwebif.
With openwebif i'm sure you can change port by entering the plugin.
I'm not sure with webif. And i'm not sure i works with latest BH.

ripblade

Vu+ User
I was having similar problems getting green screen loops so I reinstalled the image and did a personal back up not going to bother with the web browser thing now it takes up to much space,
My question is there an easier way to delet plugins that were downloaded from diferant paths ie some that came with the image some that came from software management or plugins extensions, like a one stop that that remove them instead of shearching through until it's deleted, just to free up space ?

Tamaki

Administrator
I was having similar problems getting green screen loops so I reinstalled the image and did a personal back up not going to bother with the web browser thing now it takes up to much space,
My question is there an easier way to delet plugins that were downloaded from diferant paths ie some that came with the image some that came from software management or plugins extensions, like a one stop that that remove them instead of shearching through until it's deleted, just to free up space ?
All plugins are in /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions, so it is enough you connect via ftp and delete dir of the plug you want to delete.
Most of plugs have all files in that dir, but only a few has got files in other dir.
Normally it is not a problem to live files, but if you want to remove all you should need install pack and see where all files are located.

Matrix10

Administrator
The best way to unistall package installed with Software managment and plugins extensions
is also with Software managment .
Software managment is not only for install but also for uninstall
http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-use-the-software-management.730/
Plugins e.t.c installed from image server you can remove from BH uninstall panel.
Other packages you can remove from telnet >> command ipkg remove packagename
and last option delete from /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions
that in some cases partially erase what has been installed

ba babs

Vu+ Newbie
Tamaki,
my vu+ uno box is now packed up because i could not fix the green screen problem after trying everything. putty wont clean the user and pass block and i could not ftp it as a result. used every usb stick i have by formatting to fat32 but not working. the box wont recorgnise the usb. what i dont know, maybe is to change the file name to something like "patch.bin" or something else. want the original software if you have it or know where i can get it