Internal SATA Hard disk capacity?

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Well, in a short time I will buy Duo2, it will be my first Vu+ and I would like to complete it with a good hard disk. I'm thinking about WD Caviar Green, but a dealer suggested not more than 1TB device.... He told me that 2TB devices seem having problem in all Vu+ receivers..... Anyone could confirm? Any opinion is really appreciated. Thank you.

Shiro

BH-C
i will try to explain.
The problems are not int the Vu+ boxes.

the problems are that under linux the partitions up to 2 Tera require a special support in the kernel and a different partition procedure.
Latest Black Hole image have both the things, the kernel support for large disks up to 2 tera (efi partitions) and the tool to make special gpt partitions (parted).
But it have to be tested with various hdd models.

Gigantone

Vu+ User
Thank you Shiro, now it's clear! OK, I will choose 1TB hdd. After all, 1TB is enough I believe.
What about WD Caviar Green? They are very good disk in Windows computer, Shiro have you tested in Vu+ boxes? Thank you again.

Shiro

BH-C
Thank you Shiro, now it's clear! OK, I will choose 1TB hdd. After all, 1TB is enough I believe.
What about WD Caviar Green? They are very good disk in Windows computer, Shiro have you tested in Vu+ boxes? Thank you again.

Sorry i have only 1 tera hdd maxtor in my duo2 (it works fine) and never tested wd.
But i want to test wd 2 ad 4 tera in the near future with the next black hole version and maybe include a tool to partiotion and format large hard disks (up to 2 tera).

superglud

BH Lover
I can confirm that these wd disk is working in VU+ Ultimo

Western Digital RE4 2TB (RAID Edition 4, WD2003FYYS)
Western Digital Caviar Black 2TB (WD2001FASS)

Best Regards

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there. I got a vu+duo 2 with a western digital green 3.5 WD20EURS in an external caddy, plugged up to the ESATA port, and it formatted to its full capacity, and recordings and play back is fine. In fact, I did a test the other day, and was able to record 8 channels at the same time. Hope this helps.

Shiro

BH-C
Well, in a short time I will buy Duo2, it will be my first Vu+ and I would like to complete it with a good hard disk. I'm thinking about WD Caviar Green, but a dealer suggested not more than 1TB device.... He told me that 2TB devices seem having problem in all Vu+ receivers..... Anyone could confirm? Any opinion is really appreciated. Thank you.

You can tell to your dealer that Black Hole 2.0.5 fully support hdd larger than 2 TB

DanielFran

BH Lover
I have a WD Caviar Green with 2TB since I buy my Ultimo for more than 1 year and I never experiment any issue.

Sent from my U20i using Tapatalk 2