External Hard drive playback problems.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there. I have recently been having problems when I payback recordings they will freeze (like being paused) with the spinner turning on the TV display, either at the start of play back or any time during playback. The freeze last about 50 seconds and then play back resumes. I have tried different hard drives and I still get the same problem.

My hard drive is network mounted through my Asus RT-AC66U wireless AC router. I have my Popcorn hour media player is also attached to the same network, but do not have any problems at all with it.

My sat box is a VU+DUO2, using the latest firmware.

Thanks for any help that you can offer me with this problem.

flori2

Vu+ Newbie
I'm currently using a NAS as hard disk. It works fine for me. Is your connection Vuplus-NAS wired? Does your PCH play fine the recordings from the NAS? Try to copy files from NAS to PC, which is the transfer speed?

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
Hi there. Thanks for your reply. My hard drive is in an ICY box caddy, which in turn is connected by USB to my ASUS RT-AC6UU's USB port. I mount my NAS wireless over a AC network. The speeds I get over my wireless net work (tested using DCC) are around 18-20 MB'S). My other NAS (Synology) also connected on the same network, plays all files (including full blue ray) absolutely fine.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
I will see if I can try a wired connection today and test it out. Last night I accessed my VU network share through my Popcorn A-400 and my media played perfectly. I am not sure why that was.

calmnowisthis

Vu+ Newbie
I tried a hard wire test and all seems well. This problem has only appeared recently. I have been able to stream and playback wireless through my ASUS for many months with now problems.