HbbTV bug

Gold_66

Vu+ User
I'm not sure if this started after latest update ( update webkit-hbbtv (4K models)) but now, when I press the red button to activate Hbb TV, on lcd display it appears "HbbTV Plugin" but nothing happens and remote doesn't function anymore. The only solution is switch off and back on from the rear button.
Tried on three different channels and it's the same.
This has probably got nothing to do with OBH, I hope Vu+ fix this soon.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Just realised that this update ( update webkit-hbbtv (4K models)) has not been implemented in OBH yet, the latest is the one with HDR/HLG fix.
So most probably tonight or tomorrow we'll have HbbTV running again. ;)

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Yes, as I wrote later, the latest fix by Vu+ has yet to be integrated in OBH, like it has already been done with BH.

nunigaia

Yes, as I wrote later, the latest fix by Vu+ has yet to be integrated in OBH, like it has already been done with BH.
Actually, it DOES has to do with OBH and not with Vu+, because under BH (3.0.5B) HbbTV works.

Can you try? ... ReFlash your STB with the release version ( 4.1.009 ) or create an OpenMultiboot session with a new unpacked version, regarding this steps:

1. Use OpenBlackHole 4.1.009 ( release version ), regarding your STB Model.
  2. You can restore your Backup Settings, but don´t apply to restore plugins.
  3. After restore ... boot it ... and make an "ONLINE UPDATE", in order to get the lastest version 4.1.017
  4. After, go to BlackHole Speed-UP Menu and "enable" HBBTV plugin.
  5. Open a channel service on ASTRA 19.2E that has HBBTV broadcasting DAS ERSTE for example, and try HBTTV application. ( LONG RED BUTTON ).
HBBTV ... will work ... Tested on ZERO 4K and VUULTIMO 4k.

Note: After the updates from 4.1.009 to 4.10017 ... ( 4.1.010, 4.1.011 .... 4.1.017 ), something has bricked the code, or any library dependencies that was not installed to not break dependencies needed.

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

Well... as I use HbbTV only occasionally and it's a period I really have a few spare time, I'll pospone this reflash! ;) But thanks for the advice: maybe Gold66 will let us know if this procedure will succeed.

Gold_66

Vu+ User
Can you try? ... ReFlash your STB with the release version ( 4.1.009 )...
Sorry for late reply, I was busy rearranging everything in my Solo4K at its new environment.

Last week, while I was trying to restore my last backup of OBH prior to these latest driver updates, in order to get back my old signal levels and lost channels (and also working HbbTV), something went wrong and Solo4K did not restart. After a second try that also failed, I decided to return to openATV which was my second favorite image.
Now I see that it was a good decision, because everything works as it should here - lost channels are back, signal levels normal again (even better), HbbTV works and automatic change of refresh rate when starting a movie in media player in "multi" mode happens correctly, which was a major issue for me in OBH.
It would've been much better if could bring my beloved 'Maestra 2c' skin too, but customised 'FHD Glass 17' works just as well. (expecting a :chair: from Matrix10 here) :laugh:

So apologies, I can't help you with this reflash here, but even if I hadn't change image, I don't think I'd reflash and reset everything just for HbbTV anyway. ;)

Matrix10

Administrator
Sorry for late reply, I was busy rearranging everything in my Solo4K at its new environment.

Last week, while I was trying to restore my last backup of OBH prior to these latest driver updates, in order to get back my old signal levels and lost channels (and also working HbbTV), something went wrong and Solo4K did not restart. After a second try that also failed, I decided to return to openATV which was my second favorite image.
Now I see that it was a good decision, because everything works as it should here - lost channels are back, signal levels normal again (even better), HbbTV works and automatic change of refresh rate when starting a movie in media player in "multi" mode happens correctly, which was a major issue for me in OBH.
It would've been much better if could bring my beloved 'Maestra 2c' skin too, but customised 'FHD Glass 17' works just as well. (expecting a :chair: from Matrix10 here) :laugh:

So apologies, I can't help you with this reflash here, but even if I hadn't change image, I don't think I'd reflash and reset everything just for HbbTV anyway. ;)

That means you are leaving us now :chair:

And about flash
Next time pull the HDD out of the box and choose a good USB stik
and then you can make flash any image.

You have perfect skin now :D

AlexWilMac

I foresee.... I foresee... you'll get back to OBH sooner or later! I'm sure you'll have the chance to continue to test it with the comfy OMB.
I wanted to give a chance to this "fabulous" OpenATV... it's better if I leave here just a diplomatic "NO COMMENT", otherwise I could be rude. :D

Matrix10

Administrator
I foresee.... I foresee... you'll get back to OBH sooner or later! I'm sure you'll have the chance to continue to test it with the comfy OMB.
I wanted to give a chance to this "fabulous" OpenATV... it's better if I leave here just a diplomatic "NO COMMENT", otherwise I could be rude. :D

I did not say to leave OpenATV if you like and it suits you.:chair:

I'm just waiting :D

Gold_66

Vu+ User
I foresee.... I foresee... you'll get back to OBH sooner or later!
Thank you for sincere wishes. :)
I'll certainly be around and follow the developments here too.
For now it's all good with new image, but I hope I won't have any issues with it, because OATV forum is nothing like here and the chance of getting help is close to zero unless you speak german, let alone meeting friendly and helping people like yourself, our dear Matrix10, and all other admins and mods. (Ironically, that was the main reason I left VTi in the first place!) :D
Btw, I'm really curious about the reason that you're *so* negative about openATV image itself, but that would be 'too much' off topic here, so maybe later. ;)

AlexWilMac

I was joking (a bit) and I don't want to speak about other images because I don't feel is fair.
But I'll tell you something different: I was born at VU+ with BH and when I tried something else I immediately got back to it because I felt at home in BH: clean, rational and graphically pleasant with its skins. So imagine how much I love BH.
But, since OBH got to 0.6, I had to (almost) abandon BH: it's installed in OMB but I never use it in my everyday life. I launch it, now, more to follow some threads and to give answers or feedbacks when I don't remember exactly the menu structure.
So, if I decided to leave BH and elect OBH as my image, is because OBH makes a lot of things easier to do and to configure and has also the advantage of skins no other image has got so elegant. OBH is so comfy.
OBH was able to make leave BH: imagine if OpenATV and its mess might be able to make me leave OBH...

Matrix10

Administrator
My opinion,

To tell you, OpenATV is a very good image
this is not controversial and many people use it.
But now whether because of my subjectivity or is it really so
I like BH and OBH .
But I use BH most.
And the reason why I do not use Open images is just the fact that I do not need a hundred options .
Unfortunately for me would be the best image, the image that would be between BH and OBH ,
and filled with some improvements from other teams.
OpenATV certainly has good coders but also OpenPli VIX VTI etc
,seems to me that the coders cleaned some things last months and now OBH looks and works much better.
But for me personally, there is still plenty to do for it.
Of course this is difficult or impossible after years of development in a certain direction
On the other hand there are some things missing in BH (depending on the user) but there are too many in OBH and other Open images.
Probably influenced by various coders and hundreds of users' wishes.
For me some things have gone in the wrong direction and now it's hard to reverse it.
On the other hand, BH is tied to VU + and then it is not possible without getting out of the way
to make big changes.

So there is no ideal image and they all have their own weaknesses and good sides.

Of course I like the BH with which we started years ago
almost half of our youth :D :chair:

Gold_66

Vu+ User
So there is no ideal image and they all have their own weaknesses and good sides.

Of course I like the BH with which we started years ago
almost half of our youth :D :chair:
Thank you for taking time, and sharing your thoughts openheartedly with us, on this subject.
As you said, everyone has different needs and opinions, and that's why I prefer Open images differing from you, because those that are tied to original image seem 'limited' to me.
Of course, having spent so many years on BH project naturally makes it special for you and everyone involved, and I respect that.
But the main point is 'there is no ideal image' as you rightly put it; important thing is having people like you in charge, that shows positive approach to almost every request which involves a lot of time and effort, while making users lives a lot better with great humor as well. :chair: = :grin:

AlexWilMac

Exactly: the most important point is that "there is no ideal image", as Matrix said.
I was more clear on this point in other, more appropriate, threads. And this is a subjective matter, then without a single answer.
This is also why I didn't want to express an opinion about other images, different from our loved ones. Only, as I was a bit pulled to say something (and it was not a serious and exhaustive talk ;)) I touched upon an opinion.
I respect all coders and all images and, anyway, as for operative systems for computers, this would be a never ending discussion!
That's also why I shared my experience about our images, BH and OBH. This last has completely changed since 0.4 (I probably never tried the 0.1, or if I did, it was for a brief time) and, along with it changes, my opinion and my decisions has changed too. But this is only my personal experience, one person out of thousands!