Hello eveybody from a french newbie

lchineur

Vu+ Newbie
I am Lionel, I bought 1 x Vu+ Ultimo and 1 x Vu+ Duo 15 months ago... Those decoders have been originally pre-installed by the salesman, then they became fully obsolete and I had no time and no sufficient knowledge trying to update. Actually I just can see 2 channels and that's a pity not to use them more, so if somebody can give me the list of actions to apply in order to get more channels he will be welcome... Which image to choose ? how to install it ? Which parameters ? and so on... I have one viaccess card from Canalsat for both decoders. Could you tell me also what can I expect actually with Canalsat and those decoders once they will be correctly parameterised. If it exists a complete tutorial should be welcome. In any case thank you very much for your help..

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Welcome! But at first, Read Forum Rules, please! Reading them you will understand, what you can ask and what not. Point No. 4.

lchineur

Vu+ Newbie
Welcome! But at first, Read Forum Rules, please! Reading them you will understand, what you can ask and what not. Point No. 4.
I just read your rules, then in anycase I'm not asking about CS and I guess we better don't speak about it generally. I just need some basic tutorials or links on how managing Vuplus utimo and Duo in order to make them operational.
Just because I paid for decoders then I paid for Canasat card without any result anf this is fully unfair. The only question finally is to know if you can help me or not and how ? Thank you for your reply.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I just read your rules, then in anycase I'm not asking about CS and I guess we better don't speak about it generally. I just need some basic tutorials or links on how managing Vuplus utimo and Duo in order to make them operational.
Just because I paid for decoders then I paid for Canasat card without any result anf this is fully unfair. The only question finally is to know if you can help me or not and how ? Thank you for your reply.

For making operational Ultimo and Duo is enough to read user manual. I don't want to write the same things already written. Black Hole is based on original Vu+ image, there is no difference in basic settings.
For your Canalsat card you should give more informations (France, Burundi, Haiti, ...) to let me know, what CAM you should buy (if it's allowed by your provider). You should read your Canalsat contract too. It could be not legal to use your card on other then Canalsat receiver.

lchineur

Vu+ Newbie
For making operational Ultimo and Duo is enough to read user manual. I don't want to write the same things already written. Black Hole is based on original Vu+ image, there is no difference in basic settings.
For your Canalsat card you should give more informations (France, Burundi, Haiti, ...) to let me know, what CAM you should buy (if it's allowed by your provider). You should read your Canalsat contract too. It could be not legal to use your card on other then Canalsat receiver.
I bought my Vuplus 15 months ago in order to see TNT channels that are legally free in France, in my region I am obliged to use satellites, then to use Canalsat, and I already paid for no results (No TNT and No crypted channels), so I actually refuse to pay once again for a specific Canalsat demodulator, everybody knows it is unfair, everybody knows it is just an abusing monopolistic situation. Then, Can you and do you want to help me or not ? Until now reading your answers I've got the impression not to be really welcome if for any reason you don't like newbies, or some of their questions just let me know, then it will also be nice to delete my profile from your forum.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I bought my Vuplus 15 months ago in order to see TNT channels that are legally free in France, in my region I am obliged to use satellites, then to use Canalsat, and I already paid for no results (No TNT and No crypted channels), so I actually refuse to pay once again for a specific Canalsat demodulator, everybody knows it is unfair, everybody knows it is just an abusing monopolistic situation. Then, Can you and do you want to help me or not ? Until now reading your answers I've got the impression not to be really welcome if for any reason you don't like newbies, or some of their questions just let me know, then it will also be nice to delete my profile from your forum.

No it's not a question of "you don't like newbies".
You are welcome here, but only if you will respect forum rules. Your "problems" with Canalsat are yours and not mine.
I can help you only with our image.

lchineur

Vu+ Newbie
That's clearer, so forget it, i will keep my problems which are not yours, and you will keep your rules. Thank you for your non help.

lchineur

Vu+ Newbie
:welcome: to our board and have a nice time with us !
If you really want i have a nice time with you it should be better not to consider me as somebody who doesn't want to respect your rules. It is not the truth, and I still don't understand why "Poalino" consider the contrary.
The real problem is the following : Something as 18 months ago I bought 2 x Vu+ in order to see every channel free or not free as far as I was paying for those last.

At this time these Vu+ Uno & duo were known to be the best, capable to do anything... 18 months after, and just because I'm a newbie, I have been paying to see nothing but totally free programms most of the time not in french, no majors Tnt channels even in SD mode, no Cinema channels for the which I paid. Actually I only watch Tv via neuf box adsl.

Of course it is my problem, but I hope you'll understand it has nothing to see with CS, I just want to see what I paid for.

During those last months I had no time, and no knowledge to make it better.

Now i'm still a newbie but I know it is possible to see for what I'm paying but HD, is that right ? and also I've time enough.

Actually I just know how to change an image, i tried successfully to change the original image with a VTI 5.1.0 but then I still don't know what to do, how to parameterize this new image, in order to see mainly french sd channels and Canalsat Cinemas channels (for the which i paid) At the moment I have a big unclassified list of channels, most of the time not in french, a lot of german channels, a lot of unavailable channels, and of course not the ones i need.

Do you think you can help me, knowing that everything is new for me in that field. Just let me know I you can and how. Thank you.

Tamaki

Administrator
I am Lionel, I bought 1 x Vu+ Ultimo and 1 x Vu+ Duo 15 months ago... Those decoders have been originally pre-installed by the salesman, then they became fully obsolete and I had no time and no sufficient knowledge trying to update. Actually I just can see 2 channels and that's a pity not to use them more, so if somebody can give me the list of actions to apply in order to get more channels he will be welcome... Which image to choose ? how to install it ? Which parameters ? and so on... I have one viaccess card from Canalsat for both decoders. Could you tell me also what can I expect actually with Canalsat and those decoders once they will be correctly parameterised. If it exists a complete tutorial should be welcome. In any case thank you very much for your help..

Welcome with us.
:welcome:

lchineur

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you for welcome, help and links, I just succeed in my first try to install the last Blackhole 2.3.0 and I have to say I was the first surprised, just because my previous tries with Vti 5.1.0 were unsuccessfull, with Vti after install the image you have still different steps to apply before to be able to use it, those steps are not sufficiently described or I had not found the right information at the right place, never mind, what i appreciate a lot with BH are 2 things the presentation first, a nice and professional look, then a direct result after one single step installation. As I told you I just wanted to see channels I paid for, this has been done easily.

May be now, i feel better to try to organize recording on my Hdd, and if possible trying to see movies, diaporamas, and music from my Synology Diskstation. I still don't know how to do.

To finish, for a newbie sometimes the most difficult is to select among a lot of informations, to find the right one, then to understand a new vocabulary. That is also why we appreciate to be welcome without to be suspected.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
I'm really happy for you that you found out what you needed. And if you read again your first post (you are not newbie anymore), you'll understand a reason of my answers ;).

lchineur

Vu+ Newbie
I really don't see what was not right in my first post, so please tell me clearly what it was and then we'll finsh this discussion.

MOUNA

Vu+ User
you're welcome here:welcome:

there a french support section go there to get help

for your question go to canalsat website and you will find all info about that, and I think that you need a labeled box "canalsat ready" for both cards of csat

and please no CS emu or any other similar things 'cause it's an automatic ban

have great time with us