Hello from newbie

jimbo2911

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All Names Jim home Runcorn UK
I was given a VU+ DUO details below
vuplusduo.jpg
I have one fixed dish on astra 28.2 on port B and Port A is on a 1 meter Diseqc 1.2 motor (which i cannot get to position) yet
What image should i use for this box and the best plugin to set up diseqc motor ?

Thanks for any help to can give me cheers Jim

Mick12334

Welcome to the forum Jim,
you don't require any plugins, to get your motor working, you just need to configure the tuner.
You are using OpenPli, judging by your attached image, which I'm not familiar with, as this forum is more for Black Hole, and Open Black Hole, but most images should work the same.

If you go into the menu, setup, Tuner Configuration, Tuner Setup, or similar, then select the tuner, connected to your motor.
You now select the simple option, then positioner, and enter your latitude, and longitude.

You can find these on the internet, or from various Apps, but I use dishpointer.com, you just enter your postcode, and move the icon to your house, and dish location.
The Longitude has either negative, or positive, co-ordinates, negative = West, Positive = East
Runcorn would be approximately Latitude 53.3, Longitude -2.7, which would be entered as 53.3 North, 2.7 West.

jimbo2911

Vu+ Newbie
Welcome to the forum Jim,
you don't require any plugins, to get your motor working, you just need to configure the tuner.
You are using OpenPli, judging by your attached image, which I'm not familiar with, as this forum is more for Black Hole, and Open Black Hole, but most images should work the same.

If you go into the menu, setup, Tuner Configuration, Tuner Setup, or similar, then select the tuner, connected to your motor.
You now select the simple option, then positioner, and enter your latitude, and longitude.

You can find these on the internet, or from various Apps, but I use dishpointer.com, you just enter your postcode, and move the icon to your house, and dish location.
The Longitude has either negative, or positive, co-ordinates, negative = West, Positive = East
Runcorn would be approximately Latitude 53.3, Longitude -2.7, which would be entered as 53.3 North, 2.7 West.
Thanks Mick i will download BlackHole-3.0.5-bm750_usb_release_20180306_17a33d3.zip ans install it and will go from there
cheers jim

AlexWilMac

Actually, for your decoder BH is quite too heavy, now for an old model like Duo is.
I'd choose OBH, much lighter than BH. For Duo, the last version available is the 4.1 (the 4.2 are for more powerful STB´s).

bogdanm

Im move your topic to newbie section.
Try on your box OBh he is very near to Bh but he is more light.
Or try install last Bh in flash and use OMB this give you possibility used image Bh in multiboot; you will be have more memory in "flash" .

jimbo2911

Vu+ Newbie
Im move your topic to newbie section.
Try on your box OBh he is very near to Bh but he is more light.
Or try install last Bh in flash and use OMB this give you possibility used image Bh in multiboot; you will be have more memory in "flash" .
Thanks

jimbo2911

Vu+ Newbie
gone back to openpli as i had a lot of problems with OBH 4.1 mainly it saying no space left when i tryed to download plugins is there away to tell it to use the 1tb hard disk to store ext&plugins ?
cheers jim

bogdanm

gone back to openpli as i had a lot of problems with OBH 4.1 mainly it saying no space left when i tryed to download plugins is there away to tell it to use the 1tb hard disk to store ext&plugins ?
cheers jim
You mounth your HDD good ?
Whot you see in device manager ?

nunigaia

its mounted as mount:/media/hdd device/dev/sda1 type ext4 R/W

With the use of an Usb Pen Drive, if you intend to install BlackHole or Open BlackHole images:

1) Install the more simple way Open BlackHole 4.1 in flash ( i.e, don´t install any plugins on it ). Just set it the basic way ... network ... and settings, nothing more!
2) Make use of Open Multiboot and you can install and run ( Open BlackHole 4.1 or BlackHole 3.0.5 ), with no memory issues!

If you want it, take a look at how to install and apply Open Multiboot, by using this guide --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/how-to-use-open-multiboot-on-open-black-hole.23270/

Note: Make Use of an " Usb pen drive " - Usb 2.0 ... Capacity of 2GB, is more than enough.

best regards
nunigaia

jimbo2911

Vu+ Newbie
With the use of an Usb Pen Drive, if you intend to install BlackHole or Open BlackHole images:

1) Install the more simple way Open BlackHole 4.1 in flash ( i.e, don´t install any plugins on it ). Just set it the basic way ... network ... and settings, nothing more!
2) Make use of Open Multiboot and you can install and run ( Open BlackHole 4.1 or BlackHole 3.0.5 ), with no memory issues!

If you want it, take a look at how to install and apply Open Multiboot, by using this guide -->

Note: Make Use of an " Usb pen drive " - Usb 2.0 ... Capacity of 2GB, is more than enough.

best regards
nunigaia

Thank for that i now have multiboot working and it runs from the 1tb harddrive

cheers jim