Hello from Sweden!

matssss

Vu+ Newbie
Some first hand experiences of Ultima bought in Feb 2012...

Be prepared to handle Linux well to watch TV!

1. Not possible to receive subscribed SAT channels directly (after unpacking the box) with card (through "embedded" Conax reader). FIRST compelled to download ***** (2.3.0), put that in Linux temp folder and manually install through Blackhole menue. THEN Thor´s Canal Digital-channels open (through the ***** "software", handling the embedded reader).

SO: First install Blackhole from USB, then install *****, which will open SAT channels (with card), without changing any settings of *****.

2a. Not possible to receive cable channels without inserting Cable (ComHem) Cam and subscrption card (in Cam). "Embedded" Conax (with ***** software) does NOT open cable channels.
2b. With cam and card ONLY possible to view cable channels (opening), BUT if switching to SAT channel (opened by CD subsc-card and *****), pop-up menue from CI-unit (cable) displaying "no connection" (of for the moment not viewed cable channel) . This is not possible to turn off - other than by unplugging the Cam and cablecard.

SO: either one watches cable channels OR SAT channels but not both interchangebly.

3. The Ultima does NOT support Disecq 1.1, only 1.0 - that is: maximum connected LNB per tuner are FOUR, no cascades supported. Practically worn the remote control out, trying different settings, when obvious not working. Switches has been all from simple 10 Euro ones to Spauns SUR 420; and a digital Sat Finder equipment revealing codes sent by the Ultima to switch/es - wrong code means wrong LNB connected and therefore no channel found or channels from the "wrong" LNB found.

SO: No cascading to the Ultima - LNBs conncted to one switch only (one Spaun and one simple, totals 8 LNB connected per 2 tuners in Ultima.

I haven´t tried Disecq 1.2 (motor-sat).

matssss

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks dudes! A warm welcome after all;)

Have been fighting with my new Ultimo and have it working with the AAF-image - though I´m going to have another try with the BH-image... Now being aware what is needed to install to make the machine work.
Most strange thing is that I must keep quiet about the software needed to read my duly payed subscription card in the cardreader (sci0) - no software > no picture.
Another strange thing is the AAF image not being able to download the vuwebbrowser and it looses the ability to backup the image upon reaching ~80 MB.

Maybe the Blackhole is better that way?? I´ll have a try!

Yours!