Hello VU+ enthusiasts from Australia

Aust-VAST

Vu+ Newbie
Dear VU+ Community; In Australia / we are "different" and for the remote viewer (with no DVB-T) we have VAST (very average subscriber television ;)) for our Free To Air services'.

So far to recover from the loss of Public Broadcasters' (ABC & SBS were in clear / DVB-S / now multistream --> 47300 Symbol Rate) on one of our satellites in October I have been forced to migrate to the Government subsidised VAST platform and purchase a VU+ Duo2.

Total cost so far €683 with LNB's, VU+, temporary proprietary VAST STB, broadcaster issued CAM and CARD and slowly getting it together after ten years with another simple dual tuner STB from Korea.

Oh; Avatar is my 'main man' / Australian Kelpie / Sam, ten years loyal work; Also known as, "modem" when off duty ! Tough resilient dogs that do amazing work on our Sheep Station / the best.

Aust-VAST

Vu+ Newbie
T
Welcome on forum.
I think you first person from Australia on this site

Thank you for your kind words. :)

We have had satellite TV since 1987 when Australia first introduced the "Scientific Atlanta" HACBSS (Homestead and Community Broadcasting System Service) decoder which was a very large "bench top" box using compressed analogue transmissions from the OPTUS B1 bird.

I still have this decoder and found later that an American friend of mine co-incidentally assisted design of its architecture; Also the original 1.5M prime focus (Andrews) dishes here are connected to our VU+ DUO2 now.