Help howto configure motor + Fixed Dish

fooz

Vu+ Newbie
hello:

i need help to setup my black hole image tuner, i have one dish with motor and a fixed dish. Im using a diseq with only 1 cable to my Vu Solo 2

thanks a lot!

Mick12334

A fixed dish is very easy, you only need to set the tuner to simple mode, depending on your fixed dish system, i.e. multiple LNB's, and a Diseqc switch, or single LNB for 1 satellite.

The motor, and fixed, satellite dish, is more tricky, and as I haven't tried it I'm not sure how to do it.
it would be easier to run 1 cable from your motorized dish, and 1 from the fixed dish, to the two tuners, on your Solo 2, bypassing the Diseqc switch, but there should be a way, of doing what you want.
I'll search the internet, later today, to see if I can find a guide.

fooz

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick
This Is The question, 2 dishes (motor+fixed) with disecq and only 1 cable...

I hope you have the solution

Thanks!

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
Why can't you just run two cables in?I have the same set up on my Solo2 with fixed 28 and a motorised dish with two cables.Easy enough.

Mick12334

I think you might have to play around, a little, and see if this works.
Go into the Tuner Configuration menu.
Select the Advanced option.
Select LNB 1 for the motorized dish and manually set up a few satellites, using Diseqc 1.2. then test it to see if your motor works, if not try altering some of the settings, like uncommitted Diseqc commands.
If you get your motorized dish working, with the Diseqc switch, then try setting up the fixed dish, by going into the tuner, selecting LNB 2, and setting this up on Diseqc 1.

fooz

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks a lot for your solution Mick! Next week i will install the fixed dish and i will try the setup you recommend me ;)

bigkenny

Vu+ Newbie
I think you might have to play around, a little, and see if this works.
Go into the Tuner Configuration menu.
Select the Advanced option.
Select LNB 1 for the motorized dish and manually set up a few satellites, using Diseqc 1.2. then test it to see if your motor works, if not try altering some of the settings, like uncommitted Diseqc commands.
If you get your motorized dish working, with the Diseqc switch, then try setting up the fixed dish, by going into the tuner, selecting LNB 2, and setting this up on Diseqc 1.

yes thats how I have it set up on my Duo. 1m dish on Motor on Sat A. Fixed Dish (28.2) on Sat B. Works a treat.

fooz

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Bigkenny! Could you send me a capture with your phone of the setup screen, please? To your receiver has 1 Or 2 antenna cables?

Cleric

Vu+ Newbie
Why can't you just run two cables in?I have the same set up on my Solo2 with fixed 28 and a motorised dish with two cables.Easy enough.

Must admit this is what I do - and presumably what most people do? Otherwise seems to negate the point of having two tuner inputs on Solo2.

Having said that I use a DiSEqC switch on my SE but with two cables going into the one input on box. Consequently I can only control the motor from the Solo2 but have done this for safety so only one box can move the motor. However, it is possible to tune more than one satellite on the SE just means changing the tuner config to the same as the sat on main box.

Nitemare

Vu+ User
Did you get sorted with your set-up? If not I can help. I've a Duo2 with two twin tuners.

Currently I've a large 2.2m dish connected to Tuners A&B via a 36v positioner from an twin lnb. Then I have a fixed dish attached to Tuner C and the second cable from the fixed dish connected to Tuner D via a Diseqc 2:1 switch. The second input on Diseqc switch is connected to a second motorised dish (1m USALS) which is obviously connected in turn to Tuner D too. Also I have a T2 USB tuner connected (Tuner E) to my Duo 2 for DVB reception.

I can record across all Tuners with multiple satellite position options.

Need any help I can post mu Tuner configurations if you so wish?

Nitemare ;)

inpoggio

Vu+ Newbie
Maybe you all can post your config to help me.

1) I have three dishes.
A) 75 dish and dualfeed lnb Diablo monoblock 13e+19e
B) 75 dish and single feed 30w
C) Gib 125 dish with Stab hh120 motor and single Inverto BU

2) I have a Vu+ Duo2 with 2xdvb-s2 + 1xdvb-t2
D) I'm thinking to wire the three dishes to a switch 5/2
E) Then bring 2 cables to tuner A and B and config them as the same
F) config just tuner A as advanced with LNB1 for all satellites with diseqc 1.2 committed/toneburst and no usals (already done and it work with no switch)
G) config Hotbird 13e in advanced tuner A as LNB2 toneburst AA and Astra 19.2e as LNB2 toneburst BB with diseqc 1.1
H) config Hispasat 30w in advanced tuner A as LNB3 no toneburst and diseqc 1.0
I) config tuner B as SAME as tuner A

So, if I'm not wrong I can record any channel watching another

Please, find all my errors, thank you

marvintheandroid

Vu+ Newbie
I know this is an old thread but I am hoping someone can still help. I have Solo2 connected to 1metre dish with 4 output LNB. One is connected to the Solo Tuner A via the position and a second to tuner B. Obviously Tuner needs to be setup in Advanced mode Diseqc 1.2 to move my dish and for each satellite I have programmed. What setting mode should Tuner B in. I have tried advanced mode the same as A but it stops the positioner moving.