Help needed-Channels setup vu+ solo2 one cable to Sky and 2nd to motorised di

Mukon123

Vu+ Newbie
I , need some help. I am a newbie and have just recently installed a motorised dish with one cable connected to my sky dish and the second to the motorised dish

Mick12334

You first need to set up your Tuners.
Are you just using 1 cable, from your motorized dish, to one Tuner, and the one from your fixed dish to the other Tuner?
Which image have you got loaded, the original one, from vuplus, or another, like Black Hole?

If you go into the menu, Setup, System Searching, Tuner Configuration, and select the Tuner connected to your fixed dish, e.g. Tuner A, set it to Simple, Mode = Single, and Satellite Astra 2, 28.2E.

If Tuner B is your Motorized, then set that up as Simple, Mode = positioner, and enter your Latitude, and Longitude, if using a Usals motor. Positve Longitude readings = East, Negative = West. You can find your position at dishpointer.com, just enter your postcode, zoom in on the map, and move the icon to your house.

Mukon123

Vu+ Newbie
You first need to set up your Tuners.
Are you just using 1 cable, from your motorized dish, to one Tuner, and the one from your fixed dish to the other Tuner?
Which image have you got loaded, the original one, from vuplus, or another, like Black Hole?

If you go into the menu, Setup, System Searching, Tuner Configuration, and select the Tuner connected to your fixed dish, e.g. Tuner A, set it to Simple, Mode = Single, and Satellite Astra 2, 28.2E.

If Tuner B is your Motorized, then set that up as Simple, Mode = positioner, and enter your Latitude, and Longitude, if using a Usals motor. Positve Longitude readings = East, Negative = West. You can find your position at dishpointer.com, just enter your postcode, zoom in on the map, and move the icon to your house.
Thanks and sincere apologies for late updat. I am using

Mukon123

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry Mick for the late update, I am using one cable to one tuner n one fixed dish n the other to the second tuner to the motorised dish. I have openvix loaded.
I have set up the tuners and it was working fine,, but now when I load my edited channel list from dreamboxedit I can not get the box to only display my list of bouquets. Instead I see some other bouquets like sky UK sports, Sky UK movies etc, the box automatically created other bouquets.
I have tried to remove the auto created bouquets but then the channels don't work.
What can I do?

Mick12334

I haven't used Openvix, I prefer Black Hole, but most images, have similar options.
Dreamboxedit should have overwritten your current channel list, and all Bouquets, did you load your own list or have you used someone else's, like Catseye, or Vhannibals?
Check your stored channels, in the dreamboxedit folder, the default being Settings, if they look alright then upload them, to your receiver, but don't use the Fast FTP upload option, just click the FTP option and use the Send Files to Dreambox, and click restart Enigma2.
Then check to see if your Bouquets, and channels, are listed.

Mukon123

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I am using my own list, I haven't found any available lists. I still see the autobouquets appearing alongside my own list

Mick12334

There must be a setting, usuaaly selected upon loading, where you've asked for autobouqets. try going into the menu and look for any settings, mentioning autobouquets, that you can turn off.
If you can't find any then try re-loading the image, but select no to any scans, or channel list options, you should have the option to load a channel list later.
Remember after loading a list, or any alterations, it's best to restart your receiver, using the shut down options, in the menu.
You might also want to try a different image, or at least a different version of openvix, as there might be a problem, with the one you're using.

Mukon123

Vu+ Newbie
I have seen how to restore the image n not scanned any channels and after sending the file from dreamboxedit the box now shows the channels as I want. Thank you very much

Mick12334

These channels might have moved frequency, changed PIDS, or might have even stopped broadcasting, try searching sites like kingofsat, or lyngsat, to see if the channels are still active.