help setting up vu+ duo i am clueless

paredes

Vu+ Newbie
Hi just recived my shiney new vu+ duo but cna get it to work :mad:
so far ive manged to go in to service scan an scan chanels on 28.2E its found 971 chanels problam is when i click epg i get a load of german channels and a message and message check tuner configertion which last 3 seconds can any show me the way forward

yours fustrated Paredes

what dish you have and how many LNBs? motor?
If your dish pointing at 28.2 you are only able to view channels from that satellite

paredes

Vu+ Newbie
i have the old fixed sky dish with one cable, i have plugged that into lnb1 and tuned the reciver it picked up all the chanels but i can view them ? the epg program list seems to be german with a list of german chanelss is this a settings issue

paredes

Vu+ Newbie
yep i know that i can not view any channels even free to air whatsoever it seems the epg is set to german channels on the "bh epg selection multi screen " its just a list of german channels I think i need to change this to a Uk Epg is this a setting change or do i have downlaod something ?

just load new channel list
your tuner should be set for eutelsat 28.2
you can change epg settings but get your list sorted first

paredes

Vu+ Newbie
sorry to sound stupid but how do i load them i scan using auto scan is there somthing lese i need to do ?

there is option to delete existing list (can't remember exactly its name) before scan. Did you select it?
If you doing auto scan loading new list is not required - your stb will pick up all available channels.
Still can't understand why you have German channels there and why you can't watch fta's
What's your tuner settings?

Private_Pyle

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry a911 I wasn't being forward enough there.
I was asking paredes what happens when he hits down and red.
Does that not bring up all channels
Maybe it's as simple as that ( happened to me) :)

Kegrka

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
you say you have an old sky dish remember sky was on 19 e before it went to 28e wonder if it really is an old sky dish ie 65cm offset and not the the newer black mini type,if itis 65cm that would explain the german channels just a thought