Help to recognize/activate VU+ Dual Band Wireless USB Adapter

a1awan

Vu+ Newbie
Hi everyone

I'm new here and think as a user of BlackHole this must be a great place to be.

Just installed BlackHole 3.06 yesterday and liked it very after after I before aquiring my VU+ 4K receiver was sure that Openwix was the image I would like and use. But after too many problems I decided to give Bh a try. The friend who introduced me to VU+ from the beginning recommended to give BH a try, but I insisted on Openvix.

Anyway, now that I've BH onboard I understand why it was recommend and really like its userinterface and features. Think this is what I'm gonna use for years to come.

Since completing the install of BH 3.06 the only problem I ran into was with having the USB wifi dongle to work. Right now there is no where to set it up or activate the wifi adapter?
I would prefer not to have a ethernet cable on the floor across the room and that's why I got my hands on a VU+ 600 Mbit/s wifi adapter from hm-sat-shop.de with article number 13180.

Now I would appreciate any help in getting this adapter up and running. Beware that I'm relatively new in VU+ and BH too so I hope the solution is straight and easy ;)

a1awan

Vu+ Newbie
No one who knows about a solution?
Thought if any one on the planet had the solution THIS site was the place to finde it....maybe I was wrong? :eek:

AlexWilMac

BH has no driver section: all the drivers are already built-in.
Instead OBH (OpenBlackHole) has got a driver section where there are many wi-fi adapters listed.
As yours is a VU+ one, I find strange BH doesn't recognize it. What VU+ exactly do you own? VU+ 4K is an incomplete info: there are several 4K models... They have a different architecture from the HD ones.
And, also, you could give OBH a try, to see if it manages this adapter.

a1awan

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Alex and thanks for your reply. The exact model is latest upgraded Uno 4K SE with 2 x DVB-S2X (released May 2018)

Aurimas_

Vu+ Newbie
I have same problem! I have this dual band usb vu+ 600mb/s not working on my vu+ uno 4k with last bh update. any help? nobody compile driver. it is possible to get work?

a1awan

Vu+ Newbie
Sadly nobody in the BH forum can help :cry:
I thought this was the best place to find some of the best guides/help :fie:

AlexWilMac

There is no real knowledge without exploring the world. I was born and grown up with BH, but now I use OBH for many, many reasons...

Mick12334

Black Hole is based on the official VU+ image, whereas Open Black Hole is more open, and might contain the drivers you require.
You can try the device on your PC, and check which drivers are required, to get it to work, or you could just buy one that's recommended, by other Black Hole users, so you know it works.

Aurimas_

Vu+ Newbie
something new, I get update.. rtl8812au and light started to blink on wifi adapter but still not working, any updates??

ypeo

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you @Shiro for your work but the wifi connection simply not working on my vu+ uno 4k se

I have the menu for WLAN
I see the available wifi networks 2.4 and 5ghz
I'm able to "connect" on the networks BUT i'm not able to activate the adapter -> i switch YES for activate the adapter (use interface), i see all those connection infos but no ip/dns etc, i hit OK button for activate the configuration, and when i return, the use adapter is NO
I don't know how to explain...
Have rebooted the box, shutdown the box, plugged in/off the dongle, changed the usb port, restarted the network via the menu, i have done all i could think about it :(
The blue light is blinking only when i play in the options then stops

If it helps, i could make a video and upload on YT

Cheers

Shiro

BH-C
Sorry i don't know what is the issue. I have not this device. The adapter is working as reported by my beta testers. Try to ask to nunigaia that have tested.

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Perhaps you have special character in the WiFi password? Sometimes it's a problem. In case, try a password made only by letters and numbers.
Same for the Router SSID, in case you renamed it.

nunigaia

Thank you @Shiro for your work but the wifi connection simply not working on my vu+ uno 4k se

I have the menu for WLAN
I see the available wifi networks 2.4 and 5ghz
I'm able to "connect" on the networks BUT i'm not able to activate the adapter -> i switch YES for activate the adapter (use interface), i see all those connection infos but no ip/dns etc, i hit OK button for activate the configuration, and when i return, the use adapter is NO
I don't know how to explain...
Have rebooted the box, shutdown the box, plugged in/off the dongle, changed the usb port, restarted the network via the menu, i have done all i could think about it :(
The blue light is blinking only when i play in the options then stops

If it helps, i could make a video and upload on YT

Cheers

I tried severall images ( as DUO2, ULTIMO4K, ZERO4K, UNO4K SE and DUO 4K ) and reported to @Shiro that in fact is working. I tried with an hub 1/4 not powered and it was working also, and for last i have tested under Open Multiboot with no issues. The Hub is and USB 2.0 device from hamma.

Note:

You have to configure your network settings, as:

1st ... try DHCP

2nd ... change the SID according to your router wifi.

3th ... gateway

4th ... DNS ( the same of gateway or Google DNS1 and DNS2 ( 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4 )... save and restart enigma2.

Don´t forget that you must have 3.0.9.I version. ( lastest update ). If you haven´t try update ONLINE your STB to get 3.0.9.I, using LAN CABLE.

best regards
nunigaia