Request help...vu+duo crashes

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
hallo..i had the latest image bh 1.7.9 everything was working fine,but today have some serious problems!
stb is always crashing without doing a reboot...just a black screen..it happens when i change channels the most..i tryed lots of bh images 1.7.6 or 1.7.7 or 1.7.9 but the same and same again..what should i do?

ehh,
that's not enough information m8
Can you post your configuration, I mean - what you've got connected and MOUNTED in your box (usb, hdd, etc),
Are you getting green screen during your 'crash' or it's just black one?
Can you change channel to another one when your box 'crashes'? Do you need to restart your box after 'crash' to get it working back?
Does it happen with FTA channels as well?

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
ehh,
that's not enough information m8
Can you post your configuration, I mean - what you've got connected and MOUNTED in your box (usb, hdd, etc),
Are you getting green screen during your 'crash' or it's just black one?
Can you change channel to another one when your box 'crashes'? Do you need to restart your box after 'crash' to get it working back?
Does it happen with FTA channels as well?
well,dont have any hdd or usb..the stb is only connected with a dvd writer by scart
no green screen at all..
i cant do anything except pushing the power off button for 10 sec to switch off the stb..it only starts with the back power off-on button and does the same again..the lcd screen of the stb shows the last channel i had when the black screen comes..it can happen with any channel..
i loaded a vti image to see if the problem remains and so far i dont have any problems...but why is this happening with bh?i prefer bh editions..
do u know if there is any problem with vhanibal channel lists?i downloaded the last one,maybe there is a problem with it,maybe not ,dont realy know!
first time i have this kind of stuff with bh

I believe you use vhannibal settings with vti too, so it means to me there is no probs with his lists.
When you had BH installed was it clean image or you had already configured any other plugins like epg, etc? Just remember if there is no usb mounted on your box all data is saved in the flash what will cause stb instability anyway.
Could you FTP to your box when it was freezing?
I'd recommend to use usb stick with swap files set up and check catseye list instead..
I know that's not simple solution but I relay only on your posts, it's more guessing than knowing what's going on with your receiver...

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
I believe you use vhannibal settings with vti too, so it means to me there is no probs with his lists.
When you had BH installed was it clean image or you had already configured any other plugins like epg, etc? Just remember if there is no usb mounted on your box all data is saved in the flash what will cause stb instability anyway.
Could you FTP to your box when it was freezing?
I'd recommend to use usb stick with swap files set up and check catseye list instead..
I know that's not simple solution but I relay only on your posts, it's more guessing than knowing what's going on with your receiver...
vhannibal settings in vti is from 26-03-2012..i use vhannibal lists in bh and have no problems since this..i am asking if there is any problem with the last vhannibal update..the bh image was clean,with no other plugins..the problem appears exactly after a bh installation..can even find the time to install any plugin or any other stuff..i really cant understand what is happening..i was working on bh for over a year

sorry ,its not vhannibal list problem..and its not bh problem!!
what is it then? I think we all would like to know
You didn't have a list at all, did you? Or I'm missing something...
You wrote:
.i use vhannibal lists in bh and have no problems since this
but before that you entered this question
do u know if there is any problem with vhanibal channel lists?i downloaded the last one,maybe there is a problem with it,maybe not ,dont realy know!

don't really get you mate

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
Well,unfortunately problem haven't solved..I thought it was ok,but it lasted only a few days..now it's getting more serious cause stb can't open..when I power on the stb from back button I only I red dot in the front panel and can't do anything..what is happening?

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
Well,I have an a/b/c/d diseq in tuner a and a motorized dish in tuner b..after all these I thought that maybe there was a problem with cables from lnbs to stb..so made some tests to see if the problems remain if only one of the tuners was connected..but freezes again..no freezing when took out both tuners,seemed to work well..no green screen,only black,nothing u can do,only power off-on the stb from the backside button..stb control seems to giving signal but with no response..the front panel shows the last channel I was trying to put..what else do u want to know?
I installed vti for about 2-3 hours,did zapping all the time and no freezing at all,but I really prefer bh..
And sorry guys for my English

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
Well,I really appreciate this site and the job all of u doing here,but I can't imagine anybody cant explain me how to solve the problem I have with my vu2 or what's my mistake in my connection or something else..
Latest news is that I took off both 2 tuners and did zapping without seeing something..no crashes that way..the only thing I put after bh version installed is lists from vhannibal and NO emu discussion!
I had a green screen for a couple of occasions,but it was when trying to modify tuner a,not while changing channels as usual..don't know how to save the crash log and put it here for someone to see..
It's great to see that a new version came and congratulations for the update..maybe I have to install it to see if things work better with that one

@pentreti
I do not know you configuration, I can only guess what you have in your box - and everybody here. To get your stb sorted I need to see it, but you and I know it that is impossible.
Don't complain - everyone here trying his best to sort problems out.
Try to watch only FTA channels with clean image (without any rubbish things installed in it) and report here if problem remains.
There is many reasons why your box freezing including bl..dy capacitor and many more from your Internet connection (if you know what I mean).
Your crash logs are saved on your mounted devices, if any, in root directory so copy it and post it here.

pentreti

Vu+ Newbie
What else should I say to describe my configuration?
I wil try this with fta channels and let u know
If I have a USB in front will crash log be saved without doing anything else?

you need to mount your USB using device manager in blue panel. But you don't have GS what means your problem is with your Internet provider. Watch fta only and you'll see that everything is OK. If you get black screen watching FTA report it here if not speak to your provider.
Thread closed!