Hi and questions

Slothery

Vu+ Newbie
Hello all of you! I just bought a Vu+ Zero and try to learn how to use it. I have a motorized parabol dish (hm-2100A, DiSEqC 1.2 motorized H-H motor). First I could not find a function, in the default operative system of Zero, to manually search for satellites with the parabol dish motor and to store these positions. I changed to the Black Hole operative system, and now I have managed to find and store one satellite position (Astra). I also have made a sucessful manual search for channels. So, I am basically up running. But I realize that there are so many thing to learn.

As I am not familiar to where to post questions in this forum I put them here, hoping that you will tell me in which board I should have fit it.

Q1: I bought the Zero in order to also be able to look at TV streamed or accessible ("play") over the internet. I have not yet figured out how to do that. I thought there were some pre-programmed lists where one easily would find what is available worldwide, including with channel schedules.

Q2: Somebody told me it was easy to handle canal-lists and that one could easily delete a canal while watching. For example I would like to delete channels that I am not interested in from what the scan of sateelites have found. It would also be practical if one could delete encrypted canals (pay canals) from the channel list, without having to make another scan.

Q4: I have not yet found a good channel management function (user interface), where one in one view for all channels can see: name, provider, satellite, transponder, encrypted or not. And where it is possible to select which channels to move to a favorite list or to delete a channel from a list.

Q5: What are bouquets?

Q6: I would like to access images and videos from network attached storage (NAS) with DLNA.

Q7: Is it possible to record TV program so is saved in NAS? Or else where can it be stored? Zero has no harddisk.

Last edited: