Hi guys!! one more newbie here, need some help.

davis

Vu+ Newbie
I just bought the VU+DUO and a dish set it up and ready for the rest, now i understand that i need to flash the VU+ "xxxxxx" i want to do it right so i wont stay there with a very nice box that gives black screen..:(
my question is, what is the first image i need to put and i would love if you can direct me to a step by step guide eventually youtube video or like..
i read about blackhole (BH) and the boot loader updates but which one is first and what they do?
sorry for all this questions i just find my self keep on reading and only get more and more confused.

Kindly.
Davis

Post Edited , Please read the Rules

a911

The BH Lover
Do the following:-

How to upgrade the Vu+ Duo BH image via USB
1-Save the image on the PC (USB version)
2-Unzip files
3-Format USB flash drive with the file system FAT,or FAT32
4-Create on the stick : Directory/vuplus/duo
5-Copy to the stick the 3 files into Directory/vuplus/duo
6-Power off VU+ STB
7-Remove all USB devices from the box
8-Plug-in the USB Stick into Vu+ Box
9-Turn on the VU+ STB
10-Firmware Update will start automatically
11-Wait for the VFD to display "Finished ... please reboot"
12-Unplug the USB Stick from the box
13 Power off the VU+ STB , and restart it again
14-Wait for Image to Reboot

Then follow instruction on the TV screen!
Have Fun w/BHImages

davis

Vu+ Newbie
Do the following:-

How to upgrade the Vu+ Duo BH image via USB
1-Save the image on the PC (USB version)
2-Unzip files
3-Format USB flash drive with the file system FAT,or FAT32
4-Create on the stick : Directory/vuplus/duo
5-Copy to the stick the 3 files into Directory/vuplus/duo
6-Power off VU+ STB
7-Remove all USB devices from the box
8-Plug-in the USB Stick into Vu+ Box
9-Turn on the VU+ STB
10-Firmware Update will start automatically
11-Wait for the VFD to display "Finished ... please reboot"
12-Unplug the USB Stick from the box
13 Power off the VU+ STB , and restart it again
14-Wait for Image to Reboot

Then follow instruction on the TV screen!
Have Fun w/BHImages
Great guide, thanks!

davis

Vu+ Newbie
Well it seems that something is wrong, i did all the above steps, partitioned the usb to master boot record and formated to FAT via diskutility on the mac, made the 3 directories as followed USB name: VU BOX then Directory folder and inside it vuplus folder and inside it duo folder where i copied the boot_cfe_auto.jffs2 + kernel_cfe_auto + root_cfe_auto.jffs2 (1 more time?)
Then i turned the VU totaly off put the USB inside turned it on and waited - im getting "loading..." for ever and no indication from the usb light of R/W activity.
im not sure whats wrong but i must say that the reciever is not connected to the dish yet only to the TV but that shouldn't make any difference as far as i know..

a911

The BH Lover
1st update the boot loader , only (on the USB),,,this file: NO partitions NO directories etc!
2ndly Install images as explained at the other posts (I would recommend to re format before unzipping the BH image directlyto USB)!
Is better always to unzip files directly to the USB (to be inserted @front slut)

Then have a cup of Coffee or Tea and read few posts at V-C board!
;)Have fun!

davis

Vu+ Newbie
1st update the boot loader , only this file NO partitions NO directories,,,etc!
2ndly Install images as explained at the other posts!

Is better always to unzip files directly to the USB (to be inserted @front slut)
Then have a cup of coffee or Tea and read few posts at V-C board!

;)Have fun!

OK so bootloader first..can you please direct me to the right bootloader, i realy dont want to screw it up with a bootloader..also the BH version i installed on the USB is the new multi version, thats the right one i hope..

Thanks for being patient on this one :shout:

keef

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to you all im a newbie at all this i got into a pickle yesterday as i needed to reflash my Vu + box, i was told about your site and registered im so glad you did, as all the information was there written in front of me i followed it very carefully, ok it took me a good hour to flash my box made a few mistakes but got there in the end, thanks to all of you who take the time to to help us newbies with your tutorial.