High Band 19.2E not scanning

Spatlese

Vu+ Newbie
Hi All,

I have a frustrating problem on my Vu+ Duo2 running black hole.
I have a diseqc 1.1 setup with 5 lnb's @ 13.0E, 19.2E, 23.5E 28.2 & 42.0E, my problem occurs that I cannot scan any channels on the 19.2E lnb above 11.700. But to qualify this I can scan the full range on the other 4 satellites and if I replace the VU+ Duo2 with an old Technomate 6900 it can scan all lnb's/satellites perfectly. What's more I plugged the Vu+ Duo2 into another dish setup similar to mine ( just the diseqc input No's differ) and the same scanning problem occurs there. This other setup has no issues at all with a differnet technomate 7202.
I've already tried running dreamset and uploading a channel/satellite list to the Vu+ Duo2 but it will only receive channels on 19.2E upto the 11.700 mark. All parameters in the Tuner setup are the same for all 5 lnb's (universal lnb, tone, diseqc mode etc.). Just make sure I've even tried scanning using a different lnb changing only the input No. to this satellite, same result.
My thoughts are that the 22kHz is not being sent to this lnb, but why just this one Satellite? Is there a setting that can be altered to turn off 22kHz to just one satellite?
I've tried doing a factory reset then just setting up this one lnb but to no effect.
Before I go to the barbers and have my head shaved to stop me pulling my hair out, does anyone have a less radical suggestion, Please!

Regards Spatlese

Mick12334

With having 5 LNB's have you set the tuner up in Expert mode?
If so try switching from universal to User defined and change the limit settings from 11700 to a high enough setting to cover all frequencies on 19.2E.

Spatlese

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick12334,
Yes I was in advanced mode, and doing as you suggest improves things a little, you can only set the threshold in user defined up to 11900. Over this and it terminates the scan prematurely. That said I can now scan and receive transponders up to 11900 instead of the original 11700.
I'm considering getting an "rig up" to reach the LNB's and temporarily connecting direct to the lnb and disabling diseqc. This will remove the switch from the equation.

Mick12334

Strange, using the advanced option, and User Defined, I can set the LOF/H to anything I want, but I'm using Black Hole 2.14.
Perhaps you need to start from scratch, backup your channels, then try the advanced, User Defined, option, one at a time, starting with 19.2E, and see if you can scan in the higher frequency channels.

Spatlese

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Mick,
Yes I can set the Threshold frequency to anything I like but over 11900 it doesn't do anything, I think this may be a hardware limit on the local ossicaltor frequency.
In any case, I tried coupling up to the lnb direct without using a diseqc switch and it scans perfectly. So the issue is the switch, it must be some incompatibility between the switch and the Vu+, the technomate works fine going through it. I also moved the VU+ to a different site with a 1.0 set up (4 lnbs) and it works fine there too. Really strange though that it can work on some outputs of the diseqc 1.1 switch and not on another.
I'm awaiting delivery of an EMP centuari 25x12 switch so maybe this will not have the same issue.
Thanks Mick for all your suggestions.