High SR problem tuner vu+ duo2

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Here is the difference between solo2 and duo2
As you can see, it's significantly worse in my duo with the same dish and the same transponder.
The question is whether it could be better with a new tuner.
HDSC_0386.JPG DSC_0387.JPG ere is the values
My old VU+ solo2
SNR 81%
AGC 95%
11dB
BER 0
MY VU+ Duo2
SNR 65%
AGC 64%
9,8dB

Everything with the same equipment Same satellite same TP and same dish and LNB

Matrix10

Administrator
The main question here is whether you can watch a channel without interference with one and not with the other?

This is a more important question than a possible cosmetic difference in the signal strength
Perhaps caused by the difference in hardware, and with the same software for signal strength calculation.

I do not know that ??
In my testing, some time ago.
I did not notice seeing something more with solo 2 than duo 2.
I notice the difference in the signal strength display.
Secondly, I noticed that measurement is not constantly the same difference
but the difference is somewhere very small and somewhere bigger.

So this is not the standard that convinced me that in this case solo 2 has a better reception
and tuner.
Maybe I did not test long enough with weak signals because all the channels I watch
I see on both.

But I want to point out that you should be careful with the conclusion of the signal and tuner in relation to the displayed signal strength.

I forgot to add

Solo 2 showing the strongest signal compared to the other
receivers and not just duo 2.For me just visual difference.
When I first tested solo 2 I was hoping for a real difference
But I could not confirm it with the weaker signals.

Last edited:

mrbeach

Vu+ User
An other strange thing i notist is:
Have previously got a vu + solo 2 now i have bought a vu + duoo2
With the previous one, it was no problem to search for a new transponder but with my duo 2 it does not work at all.
Has high signal strength but no channels are stored!
example.
Belintersat 1 at 51.5 ° E
11290H SR 45000 DVB S2 fec 5/6
My solo 2 finds the channels but not my duo2!
Have tested several different openwix images with the same result.
Anyone who has an idea about this?

Matrix10

Administrator
With the previous one, it was no problem to search for a new transponder but with my duo 2 it does not work at all.
example.

This I do not know
I do not get that satellite ..

But this is now another problem that most likely has nothing to do with the first.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
No
This I do not know
I do not get that satellite ..

But this is now another problem that most likely has nothing to do with the first.
i know it is another thing.
What satellites do you receve?
I can receive from 75E-37.5W
So we can compare some satellite
If i have the same problem on an other satellite

amila perera

Vu+ User
example.
I'm also suffering from this issue but it is not this sat.but duo2 tuner having trouble with scanning dvb s2 8psk 45000 transponders.

Matrix10

Administrator
No

i know it is another thing.
What satellites do you receve?
I can receive from 75E-37.5W
So we can compare some satellite
If i have the same problem on an other satellite

At this moment, most 80 cm antenna European satellites are likely to range from 1W to the far east.

Tururu

BH Lover
At the beginning the problem of signal difference between Solo2 and DUO2 with the same installation is a driver problem, I use Openspa image and with version 7.x.x I saw the signal increase, consult and comment on the subject.
For example in Solo2 it had 100% signal / SNR, in DUO2 it remains at 80%, with the updated version and 100% mark (for example).

In general, it is not a problem to check less if the channels tune them well, then I look out of curiosity the other channels commented.
By the way, the BER does not work, it's always zero.

Comment that the DUO2 supports interference with DEC phones almost 99%.
Solo2 has no tuned tuners and I support the same 80% test.
The VU + Zero also does not have armored tuner and being the top plastic cover in the same tests, went blind 0%.
A picture
---------
De entrada el problema de diferencia de señal entre el Solo2 y DUO2 con la misma instalacion es un problema de driver, uso imagen Openspa y con la version 7.x.x vi el aumento de señal, consulte y comentaron el tema.
Por ejemplo en el Solo2 tenia 100% de señal/SNR, en el DUO2 se queda al 80%, con la version actualizada ya marca 100% (por ejemplo).

En general no es problema que marque menos si los canales los sintonizas bien, luego miro por curiosidad los otros canales comentados.
Por cierto, el BER no funciona, siempre es cero.

Comentar que el DUO2 soporta interferencias con telefonos DEC casi al 99%.
El Solo2 no tiene blindados los sintonizadores y soporto la misma prueba al 80%.
El VU+Zero tampoco tiene blindados los tuner y al ser la tapa superior de plastico en las mismas pruebas, se quedo ciego 0%.

Interferencia_TDT.jpg

Matrix10

Administrator
Again .
What kind of signal we are now discussing here
About the real signal or the signal strength in display.
These are two totally different things.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
At the beginning the problem of signal difference between Solo2 and DUO2 with the same installation is a driver problem, I use Openspa image and with version 7.x.x I saw the signal increase, consult and comment on the subject.
For example in Solo2 it had 100% signal / SNR, in DUO2 it remains at 80%, with the updated version and 100% mark (for example).

In general, it is not a problem to check less if the channels tune them well, then I look out of curiosity the other channels commented.
By the way, the BER does not work, it's always zero.

Comment that the DUO2 supports interference with DEC phones almost 99%.
Solo2 has no tuned tuners and I support the same 80% test.
The VU + Zero also does not have armored tuner and being the top plastic cover in the same tests, went blind 0%.
A picture
---------
De entrada el problema de diferencia de señal entre el Solo2 y DUO2 con la misma instalacion es un problema de driver, uso imagen Openspa y con la version 7.x.x vi el aumento de señal, consulte y comentaron el tema.
Por ejemplo en el Solo2 tenia 100% de señal/SNR, en el DUO2 se queda al 80%, con la version actualizada ya marca 100% (por ejemplo).

En general no es problema que marque menos si los canales los sintonizas bien, luego miro por curiosidad los otros canales comentados.
Por cierto, el BER no funciona, siempre es cero.

Comentar que el DUO2 soporta interferencias con telefonos DEC casi al 99%.
El Solo2 no tiene blindados los sintonizadores y soporto la misma prueba al 80%.
El VU+Zero tampoco tiene blindados los tuner y al ser la tapa superior de plastico en las mismas pruebas, se quedo ciego 0%.

View attachment 30998
What is the difference between upper left and lower left appears to be vu + zero on both images.

Tururu

BH Lover
Again .
What kind of signal we are now discussing here
About the real signal or the signal strength in display.
These are two totally different things.
I of the signal intensity on the screen, which is measured by the receiver, in the case of DUO2 it measures less generally if it is not updated by software error if the driver is not updated, verified with the same equipment (DUO2 ) After actaulizar the installed image.
-----------
Yo de la intensidad de señal que hay en pantalla, la que mide el receptor, en el caso del DUO2 mide de menos en general si no esta actualizado por error de software si no estan actaulizados los driver, verificado con con el mismo equipo (DUO2) despuesde actaulizar la imagen instalada.

What is the difference between upper left and lower left appears to be vu + zero on both images.
Have a "DECT" home phone inserted between the receiver's antenna connectors on the Tele5 channel of Astra to 19.2 ° E.
---------------
Tener un telefono de casa "DECT" metido entre los conectores de antena del receptor en el canal Tele5 de Astra a 19'2ºE.

Tele5: 12480 V27500 3/4

12480-10600=1880Mhz.
1880:2=940Mhz.

The same antenna signal on all equipment.
It is an example of the quality of the tuners VU+DUO2, VU+Solo2 and VU+zero.
The satellite commented with channels SR45000 nothing from Madrid (Spain).
-----
La misma señal de antena en todos los equipos.
Es un ejemplo de la calidad de los sintonizadores VU+DUO2, VU+Solo2 y VU+Zero.
El satélite comentado con canales SR45000 nada desde Madrid (España).

Tururu

BH Lover
I of the signal intensity on the screen, which is measured by the receiver, In the case of DUO2 it measures of less generally if it is not updated by software error if the drivers are not updated, verified with the same equipment (DUO2) after updating the installed image.

Matrix10

Administrator
My final comment

Totally wrong way of making a conclusion
The conclusion comes from what I see and what I do not see on TV
And not what signal I have on the TV on strong SAT channel.

And ,You mix three things again.

1. Graphic and numeric display of signal strength on the TV screen.
2. Real Tuner Sensitivity on weak signals . What's most important.
3 . SR45000 problem.

Tuner sensitivity is measured with weak signals on satellite rather than relative
and most likely not accurately displaying the signal on the screen.
Strong signal measurement is incorrect
Because many factors are affected by it.

Tuner's real sensitivity.
AGC- Automatic Gain control and electronic circuit charge for it ..
Signal Algorithm and Accuracy in the Integral Signal Range.

So what's most important with commercial receivers
Whether you see a stable image on some weak satellite signal or not.

If you really want to measure the signal from transponders
Then you have to buy a measuring instrument from a couple to a dozen thousand euros.
Not a receiver of 100 or 500 euros.

When we're comparing the solo2 signal on a strong satellite
On the signal meter on the TV.
It is bigger than the other receivers, including last ultimo 4K and solo 4K ,duo 2 e.t.c

But when we test on a very weak signal
The difference is again different and I can not confirm that the solo 2 tuner has a greater sensitivity.

TV channel I see with solo 2 I see with other receivers.
TV channel I can not see because of the low signal with solo 2 I can not see on other receivers.

The difference between them is very small.
(On a very weak signal ,You may see blocks image every half a second and another in every half-minute.So unwatchable both.)

SR45000 problem
It can only solve the VU +
Which means you have to address the problem with them in a number of emails
To give it priority.

Last edited:

mrbeach

Vu+ User
I'm also suffering from this issue but it is not this sat.but duo2 tuner having trouble with scanning dvb s2 8psk 45000 transponders.
Not all!
On ABS-2 75E 12153V DVB-S2 SR 45000 2/3 8 PSK i got all channels
Se post 3 from me there is a problem on SR 45000 on that satellit

Last edited:

Mick12334

Try saving your channel list, from your VU+ Solo2, with the S/R 45000 channels scanned in, using dreamboxedit, then FTP this channel list, to your Duo2, and see if it can recognize, and open, the channels.
Also try sending your dish to 51.5E, then run the cable directly from your LNB, to your VU+ Duo2, by-passing the motor.
Do you use anything else, like a V-Box II, I've noticed my Duo 2 has problems scanning in channels, but when I run the cable directly from the LNB, to my Duo 2, the channels scan in, then when I connect via the V-Box II I can still view the channels.

Matrix10

Administrator
Not all!
On ABS-2 75E 12153V DVB-S2 SR 45000 2/3 8 PSK i got all channels
Se post 3 from me there is a problem on SR 45000 on that satellit

The receiver does not have a different tuner for each satellite
One already.

If a satellite tuner can receive SR 45000 On ABS-2 75E
Then he must receive it on all other satellites

There may be some other problem but SR problem does not exist.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
The receiver does not have a different tuner for each satellite
One already.

If a satellite tuner can receive SR 45000 On ABS-2 75E
Then he must receive it on all other satellites

There may be some other problem but SR problem does not exist.
NO On ABS-2 i can see channels on SR 45000 DVB-S2 but NOT on 51,5 E SR 45000 DVB-S2
3 diffeent TPs
But with solo2 i can!

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Try saving your channel list, from your VU+ Solo2, with the S/R 45000 channels scanned in, using dreamboxedit, then FTP this channel list, to your Duo2, and see if it can recognize, and open, the channels.
Also try sending your dish to 51.5E, then run the cable directly from your LNB, to your VU+ Duo2, by-passing the motor.
Do you use anything else, like a V-Box II, I've noticed my Duo 2 has problems scanning in channels, but when I run the cable directly from the LNB, to my Duo 2, the channels scan in, then when I connect via the V-Box II I can still view the channels.
Alredy tested that but not tested Direcly from LNB Will do that later.