High SR problem tuner vu+ duo2

Matrix10

Administrator
NO On ABS-2 i can see channels on SR 45000 DVB-S2 but NOT on 51,5 E SR 45000 DVB-S2
3 diffeent TPs
But with solo2 i can!

Possible I'm not an expert on this but my logic is talking , then is not SR problem
The same SR on both channels
You can see one channel and the other not.

Matrix10

Administrator
At my location I can not get one channel from 51,5E
But I have some crazy signals ranging from zero to 78% on the Ultimo 4K . I think from SAT on 52 E Which has a strong signal .
I wonder if there are intereferential signals on that satellite position at your location .

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Yes but solo 2 shows I believe 10% more signal than duo2.

Again, how strong is the signal if you go to 52 E at the same frequency and polarization
As on 51.5. (Transponder you can not see on duo2)

I wonder if that is the problem ????
It is the same 98-100% i do hawe the same position on my dish

amila perera

Vu+ User
I can receive this satellite.
I've added a new file satellites.xml

The problem exists on Duo2
On Ultimo 4K there is no problem.
See my friend. That is why I repetadly said.duo2 has a problem. No solution is given by vu + development team. Very sad situation.

Matrix10

Administrator
See my friend. That is why I repetadly said.duo2 has a problem. No solution is given by vu + development team. Very sad situation.

There is a problem but there BH team can not do anything.

The mystery remains

from @mrbeach

Not all!
On ABS-2 75E 12153V DVB-S2 SR 45000 2/3 8 PSK i got all channels
Se post 3 from me there is a problem on SR 45000 on that satellit

But there is probably difference a total data size for detection.
( 45000 2/3 ) ( 45000 5/6)
Maybe I know something soon,
But only maybe, I have to ask those who know more than me)

Last edited:

Matrix10

Administrator
Can you see Belintersat 1 at 51.5 ° E
11290H SR 45000 DVB S2 fec 5/6
now?

Well I said DUO2 there is no picture (no scan only 2 channels) and Ultimo 4K has TV pictures (coded , with EPG info).
The same antenna.
Both receivers have a signal over 80% channels with SR 45000
More than enough.

Ultimo 4K Scan 41 channels
Duo 2 Scan only 2 channels with SR 20000
Signal on both Duo2 (with uploaded channel list) and Ultimo 4K
No TV on DUO 2 only Belarus24 and Radio Belarus ( scan ok for this 2 channels with SR 20000)

Of course the channels are coded.
Belarus24 is free .

shot2.jpg

Last edited:

Mick12334

Alredy tested that but not tested Direcly from LNB Will do that later.

After transferring your channel list, from your Solo 2, to your Duo 2, with the 11290 H 45000 DVB-S2 8PSK 5/6 channels included, what happens when you select any of these channels on your Duo 2? Do you get an error message?

The VU+ Duo 2 has pluggable tuners, similar to a graphics card, in a PC, so you can change them, these are interchangable with the VU+ Uno, Ultimo, Duo 2, and Solo 4K models.
For a full test we need someone who has access to these models, and can receive 51.5E, to test each of these receivers, to see if they all fail to scan in the 3 Pantelio transponders, on 51.5E.
This way you can narrow the problem to the Tuner, or if others work, and the Duo 2 doesn't, then you can switch the tuner, if it still fails then you can narrow it down to the Duo 2's hardware, or firmware.
Diagnosing a fault takes time, and patience, and also access to a lot of genuine VU+ receivers.
Maybe a local supplier might help.

mrbeach

Vu+ User
After transferring your channel list, from your Solo 2, to your Duo 2, with the 11290 H 45000 DVB-S2 8PSK 5/6 channels included, what happens when you select any of these channels on your Duo 2? Do you get an error message?

The VU+ Duo 2 has pluggable tuners, similar to a graphics card, in a PC, so you can change them, these are interchangable with the VU+ Uno, Ultimo, Duo 2, and Solo 4K models.
For a full test we need someone who has access to these models, and can receive 51.5E, to test each of these receivers, to see if they all fail to scan in the 3 Pantelio transponders, on 51.5E.
This way you can narrow the problem to the Tuner, or if others work, and the Duo 2 doesn't, then you can switch the tuner, if it still fails then you can narrow it down to the Duo 2's hardware, or firmware.
Diagnosing a fault takes time, and patience, and also access to a lot of genuine VU+ receivers.
Maybe a local supplier might help.
As you can see from Matrix10 the Ultimo 4K Scan 41 channels

When i transferring my channel list, from my Solo 2 it not works on duo2

mrbeach

Vu+ User
Well I said DUO2 there is no picture (no scan only 2 channels) and Ultimo 4K has TV pictures (coded , with EPG info).
The same antenna.
Both receivers have a signal over 80% channels with SR 45000
More than enough.

Ultimo 4K Scan 41 channels
Duo 2 Scan only 2 channels with SR 20000
Signal on both Duo2 (with uploaded channel list) and Ultimo 4K
No TV on DUO 2 only Belarus24 and Radio Belarus ( scan ok for this 2 channels with SR 20000)

Of course the channels are coded.
Belarus24 is free .

View attachment 31007
Some ar free.
https://www.lyngsat.com/Belintersat-1.html

Matrix10

Administrator
I see them enough.

I've added a channel list to DUO 2 from Ultimo 4K ( so the same list and the same antenna)
The situation is the same.

Even the signal is stronger on DUO2 on TV screen a few percent than on Ultimo 4K but there is no picture on DUO2.
It is clear that we do not see channels with SR 45000 5/6 on Duo 2 with strong signal.

What does that mean exactly what I wrote earlier.
That the signal strength on TV screen of different receivers is not a measure of the tuner quality
This measurement is not accurate and can only be used as a relative indicator
Not as a real difference between the receivers and the tuners

Here with DUO 2 it is something else that they can not show the picture with high SR .

So the theme name is totally wrong.( I have rename)
We do not know what the reason is because the DUO 2 tuner has the same good reception of all channels
Which can be received as Ultimo 4K.

With exception channels with SR 45000 5/6
So,
Or the tuner does not support a high SR
Or detection / demodulation in the receiver
Or software ???

Last edited: