How can I add closed sats to fixed dish?

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
i have vu due . My setting is Tuner A connected to a motorized dish and working fine. Tuner B is connected to a fixed dish to yahsat ( 52.5 E). As there are some other closer sats to 52.5 E , ( like 52E and 53E) , so how can I add these sats also to fixed dish? I don't want to edit satellie.xml file and can not use multi LNB sys. because of they are very close to each other.

Mick12334

You should be able to just scan the channels in manually, by entering the channel details.
You could also try using the blind scan option, as this should find all available channels.
If you want to separate each satellite, set up separate Bouquets,

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
updating satellite.xml doesn't solve my problem because it updates frequency of each satellite separately. If i scan the 52.5 E ( yahsat) it wont bring 52 or 53 E channels. manually adding the frequencies to ...xml taking long time and i think the only way is blind scan which i am not sure available with DUO.

Mick12334

Your receiver doesn't know which satellite it's pointing at, which is why setting up is so difficult, it will just scan in the channels.
The problem might be that you might not be able to get the channels, you're trying to scan in. Have you checked the satellite footprints, to see if you can receive them?
52E
Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/Al-Yah-1.html
53E
Code:
https://www.lyngsat.com/Express-AM6.html

AlexWilMac

I can't try myself what I'm going to say, but if I were you I'd do this:
First, I'd go to this website, http://satellites-xml.org/
and I'd create the satellite.xml file for one of the two sat you want.
Then I'd do the same with the second satellite. When you unzip the two files, you'll give them different names.
Then I'd merge by a text editor the two files, by a copy and paste but copying only the lines starting by "<transponder frequency=" and pasting them within the xml part as they were of the same satellite.
So, in the end, you'll have a satellite.xml file with (apparently) only one satellite (for instance: <sat name="52.5E Al Yah 1" flags="1" position="525">) but with all the lines from the 52,5E and the 53E.

I don't know if it's important to sort the lines by the frequency, but probably not (and, by the way, you might try without sorting them).

Matrix10

Administrator
As far as I know it all is not necessary.

You can put it in the tuner configuration
Configuration >> simple
Mode Toneburst A / B (this is just imagined)
Port A first satellite
Port B is another satellite

And you look at both satellites if you get them well with your antenna.

Example:

Attachments

• shot1.jpg
    shot1.jpg
    178.7 KB · Views: 4
  • shot2.jpg
    shot2.jpg
    492.1 KB · Views: 3
  • shot3.jpg
    shot3.jpg
    756.1 KB · Views: 3
  • shot4.jpg
    shot4.jpg
    461.3 KB · Views: 3
  • shot5.jpg
    shot5.jpg
    916.9 KB · Views: 4

yashar1357

Vu+ Newbie
As far as I know it all is not necessary.

You can put it in the tuner configuration
Configuration >> simple
Mode Toneburst A / B (this is just imagined)
Port A first satellite
Port B is another satellite

And you look at both satellites if you get them well with your antenna.

Example:
thanks Matrix10 I will try this way to see the result.