How can I put the original vu+ solo 2 logo as boot image?

Vas Zio

Vu+ Newbie
I have installed latest blackhole image for vu+solo 2 and I was wondering is there a way that I can put the original vu+ solo 2 logos as boot images?

McrRed

Vu+ Newbie
I have installed latest blackhole image for vu+solo 2 and I was wondering is there a way that I can put the original vu+ solo 2 logos as boot images?

I also would like to reinstall the original Solo2 start up logo but can't find it. Does anybody know where I can get it from without having to completely reinstall factory settings?

I looked at the Italian guide , some good work there...pity I cant speak Italian lol

McrRed

Vu+ Newbie
Ok looking at the Italian guides it seems you need three images saved in .mvi format.

Bootlogo.mvi
Bootlogo_wait.mvi
Backdrop.mvi

It would seem that these can be created from any hi-res (1920 x 1080?) image using tmpgenc...

and then put in:

usr / share /

If I've got that right then maybe I can get rid of those cats eyes...they're beginning to creep me out :eek:

van12

Vu+ Newbie
the best tools is at xorionBootLogoMatik.rar at http://www.satfirmware.com/
it converts and upload your files quick & easy. Work great on my vu+ blackhole 3.0.1
Type the ip and login of your box -> choose pics (any sizes) -> choose 1920x080 -> click Convert -> click Send ; reboot your box

location on Linux: /usr/share/bootlogo.mvi bootlogo_wait.mvi backdrop.mvi
Greeting to Xorion

Happy Newyear
TN
xorionBootLogoMatik.jpg

Attachments

• xorionBootLogoMatik.rar
    2.9 MB · Views: 513
Last edited:

van12

Vu+ Newbie
bad news, on Open BH0.1, the file structure is changed and only one file is used (instead of 3 or more ) /usr/share/bootlogo.mvi (and no more soft link to the directory /usr/share/vuplus-bootlogo)

So the xorionBootLogoMatik will fail with "the remote server returned an error: (533) filename not allowed" during transfer the files to the receiver "send Converted Logo(s)".

Just ftp the output of bootlogo.mvi to /usr/share/bootlogo.mvi. The output can be found at the folder where you execute the program, at the sub-folder /e2_Logo

samsung

Vu+ Newbie
bad news, on Open BH0.1, the file structure is changed and only one file is used (instead of 3 or more ) /usr/share/bootlogo.mvi (and no more soft link to the directory /usr/share/vuplus-bootlogo)

So the xorionBootLogoMatik will fail with "the remote server returned an error: (533) filename not allowed" during transfer the files to the receiver "send Converted Logo(s)".

Just ftp the output of bootlogo.mvi to /usr/share/bootlogo.mvi. The output can be found at the folder where you execute the program, at the sub-folder /e2_Logo
And the same for me too, and what to do ?

caka

Vu+ Newbie
Hi guys,

Does anyone maybe have boot logo from original vuplus image, and would like to share it?

Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

mimmoole

Vu+ Newbie
script>

where can I find this background?

Attachments

• vu+ lcd.png
    vu+ lcd.png
    114.6 KB · Views: 50

caka

Vu+ Newbie
I reflashed original image on zero 4K just to get boot logo from original vuplus image, and now when I transfer them to to /usr/share/ on BH 3.0.5 it's just black screen without bootlogo?
What em I doing wrong, can someone help?

Attached original Vu image bootlogo.

Attachments

• bootlogo.zip
    78 KB · Views: 122

caka

Vu+ Newbie
I reflashed original image on zero 4K just to get boot logo from original vuplus image, and now when I transfer them to to /usr/share/ on BH 3.0.5 it's just black screen without bootlogo?
What em I doing wrong, can someone help?

Attached original Vu image bootlogo.
Resolved, .mvi files converted in .bmp and generated .mvi files.

lord

Vu+ Newbie
When receiver boots, there is a image Black Hole, when receiver came with original software this was a VU+ image, how can i get this image back? its not the bootloader coz it always remain here, it appears right after you power on the receiver

caka

Vu+ Newbie
It is splash screen, check for it, you can change it with flashing image and before you do it you need to change splash file inside image folder.