How ? Disk space to reserve for recordings (in GB)

adam12x

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

Anyone know where i can find this option in OBH "Disk space to reserve for recordings (in GB)" ?
I have lot space but idk why gets info of no space...
Regards

AlexWilMac

You can't set the space up for recordings. You can only map a device as /media/hdd, either an entire disk or a partition.
Again, you provided no info about:
1) The device you use for recordings (HDD/SDD or USB stick) and its capacity
2) How did you format it: did you format it as ExtFS4?).
3) How much space you reserved to trash (this is the only relevant setting, especially if you have a small device)
4) If you use Timeshift (I suppose so and it needs space, of course).

Nowadays, storage space is a non-existing problem: HDDs and also SDDs, not to mention USB sticks, are very cheap. And recordings need space: a 100 minutes recording needs approximately 5-7 Gbytes if in HD. In 4K... not less than 20Gbytes.
So, your "huge" 32Gb free, can be a really small amount of space.
As said, it's easy to provide a proper device with a proper space to your PVR. Because a PVR with a small storage device is a nonsense.

adam12x

Vu+ Newbie
I use 1TB SSD, didn't have any problems on openpli, openatv etc... only with OBH kinda sucks that doesn't have this option..

AlexWilMac

If the disk is not partitioned, how come you have only 32Gb free?
Anyway, the option you claim for registration, is actually only for the Trash size! It exists, of course, also under OBH and you have it entering the movie list, highlighting the Trash (Deleted items) and pressing MENU. Then, if you choose "Settings" you'll see the option but its meaning is clearly explained in the description of the option.
You can't decide the recording assigned space, then: only the trash size limit, fortunately.
So, if you have only 32Gb free isn't, perhaps, just because you misunderstood this option and you set it to a too big limit? Doing that, you subtracted space to the recordings, indeed.

Attachments

• Trash-size.jpg
    Trash-size.jpg
    358.1 KB · Views: 4

AlexWilMac

Please, explain, so to be useful also to other users or readers: what did work exactly? Was it my hypothesis right and you had, before, a too large amount in Gbytes given to the trash and this reduced the available space for recordings? ;)

AlexWilMac

Yes, this is exactly my theory! ;) But it should explain to the good of other users too, otherwise it remains a bit unclear...
Anyway, this case it's useful because at least I decided to make the Italian translation much more clear. About the original English one I can't do anything.