Vu+
  1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How do I recover this failed usb drive installation?

Discussion in 'Hard Disks internal / external' started by smogmonster, Oct 15, 2018.

1. smogmonster

smogmonster Vu+ Newbie

I was trying to install a new wd 4tb powered usb drive to use with my vu+ uno 4k using black hole 3.04.

I have done this successfully in the past, but this time I messed up. I set the mount points as media/hdd instead of media/usb. When I restarted the receiver is stuck on the black hole logo.

I disconnected the usb drive and restarted the receiver successfully in an attempt to change the mount points back to media/usb, but without the drive connected there is not the option in device manager.

I should also say I did not format the disk in the disk format wizard as I should have done.

My question is: how can I undo these errors and get back to a position where I can start the installation from the beginning again?

Many thanks for any help.

2. smogmonster

smogmonster Vu+ Newbie

I think I managed to sort it out. I disconnected the drive, restarted the receiver, then went into device manager and pressed save, and then restarted the box. Then I rwconnected the usb drive.

That took me back to a position where I can restart the installation and I am currently formatting the drive. With luck it will be ok now?

I suppose this could still be useful for anyone in the future who may find themselves in a similar situation.