Ultimo How to configure DVB-S2 Input with multiple input from different LNB/Dishes

master64

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
i'd like to update in the next days my old VU+ Uno with the VU+ Ultimo 4k (1x DVB-S2 Twin and 1x DVB-T2 Twin).
I need also to replace my quad output LNB because has been broken by a storm last week.

I have some doubt about what's the better way:

1) is it wise to buy another quad LNB like the Inverto (i have already 4 cable between the dish and the receiver) or it could be enough a single output LNB..?

2) I think to connect the Fixed dish to the #1 Input and the Motorized Dish to the 2#Input. In this way i could for example watch a signal from Eutelsat 28,2°Est (through the motorized dish) and immediately changing to a Channel in the HotBird 13°Est (through the Fixed Dish) without loosing time moving the dish.. Is it correct?

3) How should i configure the two Tuners if i connect to the 1# Input the Motorized Dish and to the 2# Input the Fixed Dish? And what should i do to change between the two inputs..?

I apologized for my poor English and i hope i'll be clear in explaining my needs.
thank you for the time you dedicate in answering to me.

m64

Tururu

BH Lover
The Ultimo 4K, with a single tuner FBC.
You have 2 tickets (4Tuner+4Tuner).
One for Hot Bird and the other for motorized antenna for example.
In order to use the 4 tuner you have and have total independence of band and polarity, you would have to change the tuner of 4 universal outputs by a unicable LNB of 4 SCR, it only has a cable connection, it would connect to Tuner A and then configure it the A, C, D and E tuner for unicable.
The tuner B, for the engine, F, G and H are left in automatic/not configured and would work with the same band and polarity as the Tuner B that is to the motor.

As the tuner is configured, the receiver knows which satellites have and uses the fixed antenna or the motorized antenna, for VU+Ultimo4K that subject is very simple.
In case you are using the 4 Hot Bird tuner (A, C, D and F) and want to watch/record another Hot Bird channel, you would send the motorized antenna to this position.
The motorized antenna with normal LNB, better configured in usals, so you do not have to memorize all the positions of the satellites, as is necessary in DiSEqC1.2.
----------
El Ultimo 4K, con un solo tuner FBC.
Tienes 2 entradas (4Tuner+4Tuner).
Una para Hot Bird y la otra para la antena motorizada por ejemplo.
Para poder usar los 4 tuner que tiene y tener independencia total de banda y polaridad, tendrias que cambiar el tuner de 4 salidas universales por un LNB unicable de 4 SCR, solo tiene una conexion de cable, se conectaria al Tuner A y luego se configuran los tuner A, C, D y E para unicable.
El tuner B, para el motor, F, G y H se dejan en automatico/no configurado y funcionarian con la misma banda y polaridad que el Tuner B que esta al motor.

Segun se queden configurados los tuner, el receptor sabe que satelites tiene y usa la antena fija ó la antena motorizada, para VU+Ultimo4K ese tema es muy sencillo.
En caso de estar usando los 4 tuner de Hot Bird (A, C, D y F) y querer ver/grabar otro canal de Hot Bird, mandaria la antena motorizada a esta posicion.
La antena motorizada con LNB normal, mejor configurada en usals, asi no tienes que memorizar todas las posiciones de los satelies, como es necesario en DiSEqC1.2.

Last edited:

master64

Vu+ Newbie
First of all thank you very much for your reply.
@Tururu:
Just a couple of doubt and a last question in order to understand better:

DOUBT #1
a) You write:
tendrias que cambiar el tuner de 4 salidas universales por un LNB unicable de 4 SCR
May be you would write :
"tendrias que cambiar el LNB de 4 salidas universales por un LNB unicable de 4 SCR...."

DOUBT #2
b) You write:
...En caso de estar usando los 4 tuner de Hot Bird (A, C, D y F) y querer ver/grabar otro canal de Hot Bird, ....
May be you would write :
En caso de estar usando los 4 tuner de Hot Bird (A, C, D y E) y querer ver/grabar otro canal de Hot Bird, ....

LAST QUESTION
So a good solution for my needs could be :

1) buying the VU+ Ultimo with the Twin Tuner DVB-S2 FBC

2) buying an Unicable SCR LNB for the fixed Dish (aimed to HotBird 13.0 ) and connects
the Output #1 (the unicable output) to the Input #A of the twin tuner of the VU+ Ultimo 4k
the Output #2 (the universal output) to the single normal input of the decoder in my sister house (one floor below my apartement).
With this solution:
- i could see 1 channel and record 3 channel on HotBird 13.0 Est using the input #A of the Twin Sat DVB-S2 Tuner .
- my sister could still see 1 channel at time on HotBird

3) buying a second Unicable SCR LNB for the motorized 150 cm Dish (with a SuperJack 18 inches motor) and connects
the Output #1 (the unicable output) to the Input #B of the twin tuner of the VU+ Ultimo 4k
the Output #2 (the universal output) to nothing.
With this solution:
- i could see 1 channel and record 3 channel on the Satellite aimed by the motorized dish using the input #B of the Twin Sat DVB-S2 Tuner .

What's you opinion about this solution..?

thank you very much for the time you dedicate in answering to me.

m64

Tururu

BH Lover
@master64
1) .- OK.
2) .- OK, right
3) .- Review the options of configuration of the Ultimo4K for motor, do not forget to configure for motor with LNB unicable, often lio.
I know you have a "SuperJack 18 inches motor" and you will have a V-boxx or similar for your control (36V+position).

Engine with unicable LNB.? no idea.
The engine I use to fish channels on the satellites and is not worth to do blind search.
You can only do manual/automatic searches, using the database (relation of tp/frequencies) that you have in the file satellites.xml.
Mixing unicable LNB and motor, does not have a simple configuration and according to installed image, the configuration is bad.

See another option.
Tuner A.- SCR 0,1,2,3 to Hot Bird (Tuner A, E, F, G)
Tuner B.- Nothing / if the Hot Bird LNB has 2 Legacy and drops another cable to the Ultimo4K, it could be configured for normal LNB (you would have 4 channels of Hot Bird), same band and polarity as the tuner B in the tuner H , I, J.Unicable LNB of 8SCR, are very difficult to find, it is cheaper of 24SCR (40 € but freight).
Tuner C.- LNB normal to the engine + V-Boxxx (Tuner C + K, L, M.)
Tuner D.- LNB unicable SCR 0,1,2,3, connected as second motor LNB (Tuner D + N, O, P.).
Tuner Q, R. DTT/TDT (Digital Terrestrial Television.)
--------------------
1).- OK.
2).- OK, correcto
3).- Repasa las opciones de configuracion del Ultimo4K para motor, no olvides configurar para motor con LNB unicable, menudo lio.
Ya se que tienes un "SuperJack 18 inches motor" y tendras una V-boxx o similar para su control (posicion+36V).

Motor con LNB unicable.? ni idea.
El motor lo uso para pescar canales en los satelites y no vale para hacer busqueda ciega.
Solo puedes hacer busquedas manuales/automaticas, usando la base de datos (relacion de tp/frecuencias) que tengas en el fichero satellites.xml.
Mezclar LNB unicable y motor, no tiene una configuracion sencilla y segun imagen instalada, la configuracion es mala.

Mira otra opcion.
Tuner A.- SCR 0,1,2,3 al Hot Bird (Tuner A, E, F, G)
Tuner B.- Nada/si el LNB de Hot Bird tiene 2 Legacy y bajas otro cable hasta el Ultimo4K, se podria configurar para LNB normal (tendrias 4 canales de Hot Bird), misma banda y polaridad que el tuner B en los tuner H, I, J.
LNB unicable de 8SCR, son muy dificiles de encontar, es mas barato de 24SCR (40€ mas portes).
Tuner C.- LNB normal al motor + V-Boxxx (Tuner C + K, L, M.)
Tuner D.- LNB unicable SCR 0,1,2,3, conectado como segundo LNB de motor (Tuner D + N,O,P.).
Tuner Q, R. DTT/TDT (Television digital Terrestre.)

PS:The blind search on Ultimo4K does not work anyway/La busqueda ciega en Ultimo4K no funciona de todas formas.
PS2: Sorry translations.

master64

Vu+ Newbie
See another option.
Tuner A.- SCR 0,1,2,3 to Hot Bird (Tuner A, E, F, G)
Tuner B.- Nothing / if the Hot Bird LNB has 2 Legacy and drops another cable to the Ultimo4K, it could be configured for normal LNB (you would have 4 channels of Hot Bird), same band and polarity as the tuner B in the tuner H , I, J.Unicable LNB of 8SCR, are very difficult to find, it is cheaper of 24SCR (40 € but freight).
Tuner C.- LNB normal to the engine + V-Boxxx (Tuner C + K, L, M.)
Tuner D.- LNB unicable SCR 0,1,2,3, connected as second motor LNB (Tuner D + N, O, P.).

In order to follow this solution i should buy the VU+ Ultimo 4k with 2xDVB-S2 Twin Tuner..
Have i right understood?
Tks.
m64

Tururu

BH Lover
In order to follow this solution i should buy the VU+ Ultimo 4k with 2xDVB-S2 Twin Tuner..
Have i right understood?
Tks.
m64
In order not to make mistakes, I clarify it better.
2 FBC Tuner.
1 DDT Tuner.

Slot A (4 + 4 Tuner DVB-S2)
Slot B (4 + 4 Tuner DVB-S2)
Slot C (2 Tuner DDT)
Look at the price of LNB unicable, 4scr with 1 Legacy 70 €, 4scr with 2 Legacy 77 €, only unicable 24scr 40 €, to have a reference.
They are about 50 € plus the extra FBC tuner.
-----------
Para no cometer errores, lo aclaro mejor.
2 Tuner FBC.
1 Tuner DDT.

Slot A (4+4 Tuner DVB-S2)
Slot B (4+4 Tuner DVB-S2)
Slot C (2 Tuner DDT)
Mira bien el precio de los LNB unicable, 4scr con 1 Legacy 70€, 4scr con 2 Legacy 77€, solo unicable 24scr 40€, por tener una referencia.
Son unos 50€ mas el tuner FBC extra.

3_tuner_abc.jpg