How to configure Monoblock + Single LNB

esc1996fan

Vu+ Newbie
Hi!

I have a few questions when it comes to unifying Monoblock + Single LNB.

That's how my equipment looks like:

- Dish 1 >>> Monoblock (16E + 19.2E)
- Dish 2 >>> Single LNB (13E)

Question 1: I would like to unify both systems into a single cable, all 3 LNBs connected to the same tuner. Is this possible?

Question 2: I read that monoblocks have already an internal switch. So, can I use any kind of switch to unify the monoblock and the single LNB? Some people say that it may work only if I use "uncommitted" switches. What does "uncommitted" stand for?

Question 3: What configuration do I have to set at "System > Tuner configuration" if I buy a switch to unify monoblock + single LNB?: Toneburst? DiSEqC A/B? DiSEqC A/B/C/D? Advanced?

Is this how the configuration should look like?
- Monoblock 16E >>> Port AA
- Monoblock 19.2E >>> Port AB
- Single LNB 13E >>> Port BA

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

amila perera

Vu+ User
If you have dual Power pass splitter. You could connect it to monoblock and other terminals to diseqc switch. And single lnb also connects to 3rd diseqc switch. Configuration is DiSEqCA/B/C/D would do.

esc1996fan

Vu+ Newbie
I read that it is technically possible to connect a Monoblock and a Single LNB using this kind of "uncommitted" switches:

Code:
https://www.amazon.es/Spaun-SUR-211-Antenne-Relay/dp/B000TDXSLG
http://www.diesl.es/epages/eb0383.sf/en_GB/?ObjectPath=/Shops/eb0383/Products/11589

Question 1: Is there any difference between both products? I see that SPAUN has a red selector in the front that allows to set what is the exact usage of the switch. I see no such selector in TELEVES.

Question 2: If I use any of these switches, do I need to press a button to switch between "Use monoblock" or "Use single LNB" each time I want to stop watching a channel provided by the monoblock and start watching a channel provided by the single LNB? I'm hoping the distribution of the signal is done internally with no need to interact. Can anyone confirm this?

Thank you so much for your help!

Last edited by a moderator:

AlexWilMac

Hi!

I have a few questions when it comes to unifying Monoblock + Single LNB.

That's how my equipment looks like:

- Dish 1 >>> Monoblock (16E + 19.2E)
- Dish 2 >>> Single LNB (13E)

Question 1: I would like to unify both systems into a single cable, all 3 LNBs connected to the same tuner. Is this possible?

Question 2: I read that monoblocks have already an internal switch. So, can I use any kind of switch to unify the monoblock and the single LNB? Some people say that it may work only if I use "uncommitted" switches. What does "uncommitted" stand for?

Yes, When I changed my equipment to a configuration very very similar to yours, I had to change my normal Diseqc switches and buy a Spaun Sur 211 WSG but I had also to learn that it has got a selector which decides how it works. It must be set to OPTION to have what I want.
In my case I put the cable from monoblock in its LNB1 input port and the cable from the single LNB to the LNB2 input port.
This way you let the monobloc managing its built-in DiseqC switch (which you'll set as A/B) and Port C is the single LNB.

Question 3: What configuration do I have to set at "System > Tuner configuration" if I buy a switch to unify monoblock + single LNB?: Toneburst? DiSEqC A/B? DiSEqC A/B/C/D? Advanced?

Is this how the configuration should look like?
- Monoblock 16E >>> Port AA
- Monoblock 19.2E >>> Port AB
- Single LNB 13E >>> Port BA

At this point, everything it's easy in the Tuner configuration (In my case I use the Simple Configuration, DiseqC A/B/C/D with 3 satellites specified.
Advanced configuration is not needed, then.

In my case, Monoblock is 13/19°E, Single is 28,2
So, in the simple configuration A/B/C/D
A=13°E
B=19°E
C=28,2°E
D=not present

Then, both my LNBs have two outputs, I can take advantage of both Tuners, obviously by two SUR211 WSG switches, where each of their outputs is connected to a different tuner. But this is less important. THe important is the switch and its setup as I wrote above.

Any help will be appreciated! Thanks in advance!

AlexWilMac

Just to be clear, this is the switch I use and that solved my problem after I put on a dual feed LNB along with a single one. As I wrote, surely you can find many other ones, but I cannot tell you which ones are suitable as the Spaun 211 WSG and which are not because I'm not a real expert about sat accessories.
As you can see, the red selector is in the OPTION position to manage the dual feed LNB (in the LNB1 input; the other is in the LNB2 input port).

Attachments

• Spaun-211-WSG.JPG
    Spaun-211-WSG.JPG
    494.5 KB · Views: 20

esc1996fan

Vu+ Newbie
After some days of testing, I can prove that what Alexwilmac told works very well:

1 - The device I bought is SPAUN 211 WSG

2 - And the tuner settings on the device must be:

Monoblock is 13/19°E & Single is 28,2
"Simple" configuration A/B/C/D
A=Monoblock 13°E
B=Monoblock 19°E
C=Single LNB 28,2°E
D=not present

Thank you so much! :)

inpoggio

Vu+ Newbie
Do you think it can work with your 2 dishes plus a third motorized dish? And how to config in advanced settings?