How to Format USB stick

bogdanm

How to Format USB stick

As follows :-
1} Press the Blue button twice @STB Remote Control, you will then see this menu{1}
1.JPG
2}Then Select Usb Format Wizard, press the Red button and then press Red again. You see info about connecting your USB stick [you will see step by step info, telling you what to do] {2}
2.JPG
3} After you have connected your usb stick, push Red button and info page will show you what it is doing, please follow these instructions.
If your USB is found by the image you will see {3}
3.JPG
4} Now press Red button again, after this you will see info about your usb stick.
Now you can choose how many partitions you want { 4}
4.JPG
5} I chose 2 partitions, so after selecting the amount you want, you will be asked, what size partitons you want to create {5}
5.JPG
5} After inputting the size you want, press OK button and you will see info on the scree, and you will be ready to format USB. Now press Red button {6}
6.JPG
6} Now the partitions have to be created and formatted you will see this info {7} so press ok button
7.JPG
8} Now the box will give you info about the partitons you made {8}
8.JPG
9} Now you are asked how you want the partitons to be formatted so you will see the following options. {9}
9.JPG
10} Now it will format all of your partitions and when done, press Ok button {10}
10.JPG
11} Now the box will reboot, so that it can detect the new partions on your usb stick, once rebooted you will need to mount the partions in the Black Hole Devices manger panel, you can chose Universes, USB, Video and many other options depending on your needs.

Thank you EVO and Artorius in help with translation

Rgds

hisham

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
i just got a solo2 and i've formatted my usb as per your method, but when rebooting, solo2 doen't load and stuck in starting, when i remove the usb it work
any ideas? (it was working on my old solo)
thank you

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Hi,
i just got a solo2 and i've formatted my usb as per your method, but when rebooting, solo2 doen't load and stuck in starting, when i remove the usb it work
any ideas? (it was working on my old solo)
thank you

What do you want to use it for?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
i made it work with a 2GB usb, but still not working with 8GB

Format that 8GB on your PC at FAT32. The only limitation will be max. file size - 4GB. It doesn't matter for your needs. If the stick will not work, is not compatible with Solo2. Please, post the model of stick. Thanks.

Alexis

Vu+ Newbie
How to format internal sata HDD(I have solo2 on BH2.01(vA)) . It must be prepare before install it? Which format?

paolino

Vu+ User+++
How to format internal sata HDD(I have solo2 on BH2.01(vA)) . It must be prepare before install it? Which format?

:offtopic: this thread is about How To Format USB Stick .

:grin:

Install HDD and connect it internally, you don't have to do nothing (prepare,...) it will be recognized by the system, next format in ext3 and mount it as media/hdd

Alexis

Vu+ Newbie
:offtopic: this thread is about How To Format USB Stick .

:grin:

Install HDD and connect it internally, you don't have to do nothing (prepare,...) it will be recognized by the system, next format in ext3 and mount it as media/hdd
I connect it internally but it wasn't recognized by the system. What's wrong?
Is it need extra cable for power?

messale8080

Vu+ Newbie
Why do I loose my usb? It has happened many times, I've done everything as you said, format usb-map usb and so on. Later when I go to device manager, usb was not showing. After 10 restarts it appears and after it vannishes. Has anyone had the same problem. My receiver is Vu+ solo image 2.0.1 Black hole. I use usb for epg, picons, subtitles.
I've also read somewhere that if you update your image online, there is problems with usb. Is this true? Have tried different usb's but the same thing happens.

Matrix10

Administrator
Why do I loose my usb? It has happened many times, I've done everything as you said, format usb-map usb and so on. Later when I go to device manager, usb was not showing. After 10 restarts it appears and after it vannishes. Has anyone had the same problem. My receiver is Vu+ solo image 2.0.1 Black hole. I use usb for epg, picons, subtitles.
I've also read somewhere that if you update your image online, there is problems with usb. Is this true? Have tried different usb's but the same thing happens.

If you're using a USB-only for epg, picons, subtitles ??.
then you can use FAT32 PC windows format
and just make a mount without formatting
Then must work.
===
But FAT32 you cannot use for Multiboot with Meoboot.

messale8080

Vu+ Newbie
You will have to format your usb as two partitions in the BH menu, format usb and mount usb in device manager and that' it.