How to increase Kodi free memory???

Noaim

Vu+ Newbie
I have Solo2 OpenBH 4.2 Kodi 17.6
I’ve been reading that we need a usb memory stick for Kodi (media/HDD). I installed the usb memory stick and mounted it. But it’s not clear how to link it to Kodi and whether it will increase the Kodi free memory.

Mick12334

I'm not sure you need extra memory, and the path, media/HDD, appears to be for recording to a hard drive.
Do you have a built in hard drive, for recording?
You can record using Kodi, although it's called downloading.
Once the path is set you go to a link, after locating your film, television show, and instead playing you press the menu button, on your remote, and select the download option.

Noaim

Vu+ Newbie
Thanks Mick, that explains the media/hdd mounted usb stick. I am having stuttering problems after opening tv channels. I am thinking that The small Kodi memory (354 MB) is the reason. That’s why I am asking about trying to increase the Kodi memory.

Mick12334

Your receiver has 1024 Mb RAM and 256 Flash:
Code:
http://vuplus.com/sub/sub0105.php
You will experience stuttering, on some links, due to high traffic, same as on a PC, so you try a different link. Pausing the stream, then continuing, after a minute, sometimes clears it up.
Try loading the youtube addon, in Kodi, then try playing a music video.

Mick12334

System memory Usage: 270MB/1210MB 22%
Free Memory 940MB

This still doesn't stop feeds from freezing/stuttering, as it doesn't matter how much memory, or processing power, you have, it's only as strong as the weakest link, which is the server you're connected to.
I bought my parents the most a Minix U9-H, which has more power than my VU+ Duo 2, and they still experience delays.
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZJhMnBC7kzs

You need to set up a recording option, it's easy if you have a built in hard drive, like I do, and download some streams, to play later, after first checking the quality, of the program/film.

Noaim

Vu+ Newbie
I already have a usb mounted as storage for downloads.
How do u set up a recording option? and how do you download the streams to play later?
I am only able to play the streams.

Mick12334

I would fit an internal hard drive, in your VU+ Solo 2, if you have an old SATA hard drive it only takes a few minutes:
If you want to use your USB device then all you need to do is set up the recording path, in your addons, like Neptune Rising.

This will give you an idea:
Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LyQgRU-aBzE

Once the recording path is set up, say you want to download an episode of gold rush, a discovery channel program, first you search for the show, go into Neptune rising, select television, then go to the search option, type in gold rush.
Once this is found, select the season, and episode, you want to download, it should then search for available links.
Select a link, and if it's the episode you want, and the quality is good, press stop, or escape, if using a USB keyboard, highlight the stream, then instead of pressing OK, press the menu button, which should now give you the option of downloading.
You can numerous guides, on the internet, on how to make the most out of your Kodi plugin.