Duo2 how to increase power of hdmi out

GRML4D

Vu+ Newbie
i have troubles with the power of the output hdmi .
prevously i was using a cheap hdmi switch where the power of the different inputs [ mostly a cgv tnt tuner was giving power to the switch ] where all needed for it to works .
at least with the pioneer vsx 1019 [ or using direct hdmi connection ]
i tried to watch the vu+duo2 with the avermedia727 card , it has an hdmi input, but the tv is never showing..

so i searched and found a cheap by rebate hdmi matrix 4x4 aavara that has power but the hdmi out of the vu+duo2 is , once again , not strong enough for the h727 ...
i think that i need to increase the electric power of the hdmi out..or may be i wrong .
at least what tool can help my trouble to be solved ?
i use blackhole2.1.5

GRML4D

Vu+ Newbie
bug solved...the hdmi h727 does not support 1080p60 ...
after setting hdmi out to 1080i50 : TV ...
that is bad the card does not say a word about that bug...

caka

Vu+ Newbie
Same problem here with zero. Connected directly to hdmi passive switch but tv doesn't show any picture or audio, but if zero is connected true pioneer AVR Vsx-919 (zero-AVR-switch-tv) then tv normally shows picture.
So how to configure hdmi boost signal strength? Any tool, telnet, ssh..?
Thank you!

Matrix10

Administrator
Same problem here with zero. Connected directly to hdmi passive switch but tv doesn't show any picture or audio, but if zero is connected true pioneer AVR Vsx-919 (zero-AVR-switch-tv) then tv normally shows picture.
So how to configure hdmi boost signal strength? Any tool, telnet, ssh..?
Thank you!

It can not, that I know.
Are you sure that's the problem.

Have you tried to set hdmi out to 1080i/p 50Hz

caka

Vu+ Newbie
Yes, I tried also with 720, 576, 480, every other device is working fine on this switch except zero, and the only reason that I bought this switch is because of zero because my tv is older type with only one hdmi input, I have Pioneer AVR that have three hdmi inputs so it actually served as a switch, but I don't want to have it turned on every time when watching TV.

I know that this is not Rpi forum, and that E2 and Rpi's kodi distros are not the same, but there is pretty simple to configure hdmi with lots of options and modes.

Matrix10

Administrator
Yes, I tried also with 720, 576, 480, every other device is working fine on this switch except zero, and the only reason that I bought this switch is because of zero because my tv is older type with only one hdmi input, I have Pioneer AVR that have three hdmi inputs so it actually served as a switch, but I don't want to have it turned on every time when watching TV.

I know that this is not Rpi forum, and that E2 and Rpi's kodi distros are not the same, but there is pretty simple to configure hdmi with lots of options and modes.

It is difficult to know the answer when it comes to passive switch.
It is a known problem with them.
Some devices work and some do not.
In addition there is a difference in the manner of switching signals.
Also cable affects the result.

So I would not be able to help.