How to install MediaPlayer2 - Updated 07/09/2016

nunigaia

How to install MEDIAPLAYER2 as External Media Player on ENIGMA2 VUPLUS STB

REVIEWED 07/09/2016

Download latest version --> Here

This thread will change your XBMC player ( MEDIAPLAYER CLASSIC) to MEDIAPLAYER2 with subtitles Support

As you know, Mediaplayer Classic has limitations, and this is a solution that could give to our loved VUPLUS STB, an better MULTIMEDIA funcionality.

1) First remove MEDIAPLAYER CLASSIC from Blackhole 2.1.5 Image, cause we don´t need it, to avoid confusion and conflicts with MEDIAPLAYER2.

Using an FTP Program, in this case i will use Dreambox Control Center Version

Make FTP to your VUPLUS STB and navigate to /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions and under /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions select MEDIAPLAYER folder like showed on fig 1, without opening it.

upload_2015-3-24_22-29-27.png
Fig. 1

1) To uninstall press <DEL> on your keyboard, then restart your VUPLUS STB.

2) Connect another time with Dreambox Control Center, because when you restarted your VUplus STB, you have lost the connection with it.

3) Use telnet and do the following:

SSH/Telnet: ( Fig 2 )

Code:
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-mediaplayer2
opkg remove enigma2-plugin-mediaplayer2ab
opkg update

upload_2015-3-24_22-32-45.png
Fig. 2

4) On DCC -> Click on Ftp -> and navigate to /var/tmp ( folder ).

5) Upload the 3 files to your /tmp/ <folder>

The files to be uploaded are: ( released 20/03/2015 ) -->

enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport_1.5.2_20150407_all.ipk

enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.60_20150623_all.ipk

python-xmlrpc_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk

As showed on the next screenshot ( Fig. 3 )

upload_2015-3-24_22-52-43.png
Fig. 3

and the plugin.py file, moded to be uploaded to Xbmc ( extensions folder ), to make MEDIAPLAYER2 the default player. This way, you´ll have MEDIAPLAYER2 as your default MULTIMEDIA PLAYER.

4) Now on FTP à Go back to root and navigate to: /usr/lib/enigma2/python/Plugins/Extensions/XBMC ( Fig. 4 )

To copy the moded plugin.py file to XBMC directory.

Note: Don´t forget to change attributes to 755.

upload_2015-3-24_22-56-6.png
Fig. 4

4) Now is time to leave FTP and take hand of your Remote Control of your VUPLUS STB.

5) With your remote control do this:

1. Press <MENU>

2. Go into --> Addons

3. Go into --> Manually install IPK Packages

You should see a screen like this one: ( Fig. 5 )

Install the 3 files you see on the screen!

upload_2015-3-24_23-15-24.png
Fig. 5

Note: To install after uploading all downloaded files to your STB using FTP
Follow this order:

1. Press <MENU>

2. Go into --> Addons

Install dependencies fiirst:

1) - python-xmlrpc_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk

2) - python-difflib_2.7.3-r5.3.9_mips32el.ipk

3) - enigma2-plugin-extensions-subssupport_1.5.1_20150407_all.ipk

4) - enigma2-plugin-extensions-mediaplayer2_0.60_2015623_all.ipk

( RESTART ENIGMA )

1. Press <MENU>

2. Go into --> Addons

1) - python-xmlrpc_2.7.2-r7.17_mips32el.ipk

( RESTART ENIGMA ) or RESTART YOUR VUPLUS STB

After rebooting, you are almost there:

Press <MENU> ang Go Into <PLUGINS>, to configure both MEDIAPLAYER2 and SUBSUPPORT Downloader.

V.060 from 23/06/2015

• fixed servicemp3 cuesheet support for some images (BH)

• added possibility to show current/remaining time of played video on LCD display issue#53
  • added "LCD on video playback" option in settings
Congratulations, you did it!

REVIEWED 07/09/2016

Download latest version --> Here

Best regards
nunigaia

_________________________________________________________________________________________
THIS GUIDE is only for original VUPLUS STB ---> Clone ones will crash, and probably don´t work anymore!

Last edited:

huskyfirst1

Vu+ Newbie
good evening, thank you for the tutorial, but when I simply remove the MEDIAPLAYER dcc file and proceed to the next step with Telenet order.
I have the following message: "" opkg_conf_load couldn't lock /var/lock/opkg.lock ""
and another thing I have to replace the original file "" plugin.py "" and I want the original ..
thank you in advance

nunigaia

good evening, thank you for the tutorial, but when I simply remove the MEDIAPLAYER dcc file and proceed to the next step with Telenet order.
I have the following message: "" opkg_conf_load couldn't lock /var/lock/opkg.lock ""
and another thing I have to replace the original file "" plugin.py "" and I want the original ..
thank you in advance

There is a problem with the feeds ... must be fixed ( server probaby down ), related to the plugin.py you are going to substitute --> there is no subsitution, cause you have renamed before ( follow the manual fig.4 ). I say there to rename the file.

Wait until tomorrow, the server, must be fixed till there!

Tell me if you can, whant model of STB, you have!

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

2wild2tame

Vu+ Newbie
hi nunigaia
i followed all steps .everything went well except that i installed the 3 files manually but when the box rebooted there in on mplayer 2 nor subsupport in plugins

any idea thanks a lot for your help

nunigaia

HowTo Guide - Acess to subtitles SubMenu MEDIAPLAYER2
( SubsSupport subtitles MENU on your Media Player2 )

When playing a video with MEDIAPLAYER2 ... press subtitles key on your remote control ... the movie will stops --> you will have an acess to a menu like this:

screenshot1.jpg

If you don´t have subtitles key on your remote control ---> Press <HELP> instead. and choose the third option:

---> show subtitles menu ( next screenshot ) --->and ---> Change ---> Subtitles Settings ( you´ll have acess to the mentioned menu on the above screenshot )

screenshot.jpg

Don´t Forget to configure Subsupport plugin: Press <MENU> Choose <Plugins> --> Drop down until you get < Subssupport> and press <OK>, change settings as you intend to be.

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited by a moderator:

2wild2tame

Vu+ Newbie
sorry bro i think i wasn't that clear:mplayer2 works +subtitles button and table yes
the problem is that i don't have them on the plugin list ????

nunigaia

sorry bro i think i wasn't that clear:mplayer2 works +subtitles button and table yes
the problem is that i don't have them on the plugin list ????

I´ve installed, uninstalled ( cause the guide creaation ), and reinstalled, and works normally! Have you rebooted upon installing it? Remember that the feeds were down ... and this could be the problem.

Test and reply!
best regards
nunigaia

nunigaia

I´ve installed, uninstalled ( cause the guide creaation ), and reinstalled, and works normally! Have you rebooted upon installing it? Remember that the feeds were down ... and this could be the problem.

Test and reply!
best regards
nunigaia

Note ... Instead of Blue key to acess plugins --> Use: <Menu> --> <Plugins> ( sequence )

gsmfix

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, is it possible to install this media player to vu solo ? without XBMC ? i don't like the media player there, no subsupport.

thanks

nunigaia

Hi, is it possible to install this media player to vu solo ? without XBMC ? i don't like the media player there, no subsupport.

thanks

Of course you can.
You can install also Enhanced Movie Center, instead of Mediaplayer2.

Note: Dued a hardware limitations there´s no XBMC on Vuplus Solo STB, in this case, like on Vuplus Duo STB, you don´t need to upload to your BOX the plugin.py file. The install or not of SubsSupport is only at your own consideration!

best regards
nunigaia

ruimoreira24

Vu+ Newbie
good staff, already installed all I can is not in xbmc program go to addons go genesis page, view the movie and the dps will not damn subtitles, someone already managed to subtitles in the genesis of the film and 1channel

matt007

Vu+ Newbie
Would you know if this is limited to the BH image as I have a Vix image and wanted to install a media player that allows subtitles etc?

nunigaia

Would you know if this is limited to the BH image as I have a Vix image and wanted to install a media player that allows subtitles etc?

I don´t use VIX ---> Why? I´m a BH Lover.

I don´t like VIX even with my Xtrend Et-9000, and don´t intend to use it!. But leave it your own consideration ---> ask VIX team! --> Here, is Blackhole House.

best regards
nunigaia

Taboganist007

Vu+ Newbie
I'm running a Vu+ Solo2 and XMBC, I've recently configured XMBC and have loaded all my content stored on a HDD attached to my router via SAMBA shares. Before and after installing MediaPlayer2 none of my SAMBA shares played - all I get is a blank screen. XMBC seems recognise the files but MediaPlayer2 won't play it and there's no timecode, beginning to end. Oddly enough, if I try and play the same files through DLNA on XMBA they play fine but you cannot parse from DLNA and add then to you TV and Movies section on XMBC and display them properly. As I've spent considerable time loading my SAMBA shares and getting TheMovieDatabase and TVdb to display all the information I'd like to be able to play my files via SAMBA. I've attached a picture as as an example of what I'm seeing when I try to play a file from my TV library. Any help anyone can give me on this matter would be greatly appreciated! I've spent a lot of time on this and don't want it to be for nothing.
.Screenshot.png

matt007

Vu+ Newbie
So i followed your guide and got it to work so a big thanks for the guide! Just a quick issue - I dont know if this is normal but my media player looks like the skin I have on my Vu+ box. Whenever I change the skin, the look of the media player takes after the skin. I want it to look like the screenshots above, is there anyway I can do this?

nunigaia

So i followed your guide and got it to work so a big thanks for the guide! Just a quick issue - I dont know if this is normal but my media player looks like the skin I have on my Vu+ box. Whenever I change the skin, the look of the media player takes after the skin. I want it to look like the screenshots above, is there anyway I can do this?

I think that in the above post user uses MX-BH5 ( full HD skin ), give it a try, and just download it from Blackhole Skins Feeds, using your remote control!

best regards
nunigaia