How to setup Black Hole Speed Up.

bogdanm

As follows:-

Black Hole Speed up will make your image faster and is very simple to use.
It gives you the option to enable/disable plugins you don't use.

1} You must press Menu button and go to Black Hole App's
1.jpg
2} After you have selected Black Hole App's your see another menu, in this menu select Black Hole SpeedUP
2.jpg
You will then see a message, telling you it is retreaving data.
3.jpg
3} After five seconds you will be in the Black Hole Speed up menu, now you can see all plugins in your box that BH Speed up can remove .
4.jpg
Now choose which plugins you don't need on your box and set them to disabled using the left / right button on your remote control
5.jpg
4} Once you have disabled all plugins you want to remove, just press the red button and your image will start to remove the unwanted plugins.
6.jpg
5} Once all pacakges have been removed you will be asked to Restart Enigma2 to complete the process.
7.jpg
Just press the OK button and your box will reboot .
8.jpg
6} Once rebooted, if you look in the Main Menu, you will see that the Bh Weather option is missing now (as we disabled it in this example) .
9.jpg
Also in thePlugins section you will notice that meoboot is also missing (as we also removed that in this howto guide)
10.jpg

7} If you later decide you want to restore the plugins you removed, simply go back into the Black Hole Speed up panel and enable the plugins that are disabled .
11.JPG
After pressing Red button to save, and rebooting the plugins will be reinstalled.
12.JPG

BH Speed up is recommended to be used on the Vu+ Solo, Duo and Uno because they only have a small flash memory, and removing the plugins you do not need will free up some valuable space, however it can be used on all Vu+ box's as there is no need to load all plugins if your not going to use them, you will still notice faster bootup and restart times, even on the latest Solo2 and Duo2 models.

Thank you levi, EVO and Artorius in help with translation

Rgds

frank087234

Vu+ User
so every time I disable a plugin, i have to restart box??? and the plugin disappear?? ( in other words it is uninstalled!!) and everytime I enable plugin i have to restart box ( in other words it is reinstalled!!)
What a silly function, nothing new, just install, and reinstall!!! not worth the hassle

Matrix10

Administrator
so every time I disable a plugin, i have to restart box??? and the plugin disappear?? ( in other words it is uninstalled!!) and everytime I enable plugin i have to restart box ( in other words it is reinstalled!!)
What a silly function, nothing new, just install, and reinstall!!! not worth the hassle

Im sorry

An interesting comment.
Unfortunately I do not understand.

In fact it is a fantastic option.
Why ?
it's great option to free system and image
free memory and resources as well as free flash.

This uninstall system is used by all systems, including those on the PC.

What's wrong with that (why you do not like it ?).
I do not understand ?

frank087234

Vu+ User
Im sorry

An interesting comment.
Unfortunately I do not understand.

In fact it is a fantastic option.
Why ?
it's great option to free system and image
free memory and resources as well as free flash.

This uninstall system is used by all systems, including those on the PC.

What's wrong with that (why you do not like it ?).
I do not understand ?

i do not like because just it is NOT just disabling plugin.. it technically uninstall it.. coz once disabled, no longer present, and have to be reinstalled, and REBOOT!!!
It is not like pc where when you disable programme, you can always restart it without reinstall..
we all know the less plugins the faster the reboot!!
It would be amazing if plugins can ENABLED any time but just one click on enabled Without having to go thru the whole process of installing and rebooting!!!

Matrix10

Administrator
i do not like because just it is NOT just disabling plugin.. it technically uninstall it.. coz once disabled, no longer present, and have to be reinstalled, and REBOOT!!!
It is not like pc where when you disable programme, you can always restart it without reinstall..
we all know the less plugins the faster the reboot!!
It would be amazing if plugins can ENABLED any time but just one click on enabled Without having to go thru the whole process of installing and rebooting!!!

I can not agree with you.

If you do not need something why to leave in the system.
On the other hand if it is there and you not use (your option disabled) , it does not mean that all
is inactive.

That is the main reason why Windows machine works slower and slower
because not only if the program is disabled but even when you make uninstall ,waste left in the system.

This is really a great solution because not only deletes the plugin,
but also other unnecessary files.

You Can not do it with a disabled plugin and you can not do it just by deleting plugin
because other files remain behind.

For users of older boxes it also has a larger dimension
because it frees up flash that has become a small

mtfroz

Vu+ User
Hello,
I have the following problem while upgrading to a new image (the same is true for any universe setup).
Is there any way to restore BH Speed Up settings from my previous installation, instead of starting from zero?
Also where are the speed up settings stored ?

Thanks,

solarteki

Vu+ Newbie
As follows:-

Black Hole Speed up will make your image faster and is very simple to use.
It gives you the option to enable/disable plugins you don't use.

1} You must press Menu button and go to Black Hole App's
View attachment 12394
2} After you have selected Black Hole App's your see another menu, in this menu select Black Hole SpeedUP
View attachment 12395
You will then see a message, telling you it is retreaving data.
View attachment 12397
3} After five seconds you will be in the Black Hole Speed up menu, now you can see all plugins in your box that BH Speed up can remove .
View attachment 12400
Now choose which plugins you don't need on your box and set them to disabled using the left / right button on your remote control
View attachment 12398
4} Once you have disabled all plugins you want to remove, just press the red button and your image will start to remove the unwanted plugins.
View attachment 12399
5} Once all pacakges have been removed you will be asked to Restart Enigma2 to complete the process.
View attachment 12401
Just press the OK button and your box will reboot .
View attachment 12402
6} Once rebooted, if you look in the Main Menu, you will see that the Bh Weather option is missing now (as we disabled it in this example) .
View attachment 12403
Also in thePlugins section you will notice that meoboot is also missing (as we also removed that in this howto guide)
View attachment 12404

7} If you later decide you want to restore the plugins you removed, simply go back into the Black Hole Speed up panel and enable the plugins that are disabled .
View attachment 12405
After pressing Red button to save, and rebooting the plugins will be reinstalled.
View attachment 12406

BH Speed up is recommended to be used on the Vu+ Solo, Duo and Uno because they only have a small flash memory, and removing the plugins you do not need will free up some valuable space, however it can be used on all Vu+ box's as there is no need to load all plugins if your not going to use them, you will still notice faster bootup and restart times, even on the latest Solo2 and Duo2 models.

Thank you levi, EVO and Artorius in help with translation

Rgds
Last night i Hit blue then blue to access Black Hole "speed up" and "enabled" the Opera plug in and hit red for save. The box needed to re boot so I hit ok. Since then it just keeps rebooting continuously never getting past "starting gui" before it tries to boot again.
I downloaded new firmware and inserted the flash before switching on
I hoped it would instal but went to re-boot again. Help please I miss my solo2.