How to setup your Vu+ for recording on USB

radja

Vu+ Newbie
Hello Bosnia, here is CG. Komšije :)

You have to format in NTFS on PC. Then you can use it on receiver and PC.

Послато са Lenovo a536 користећи Тапаток 2

Mito

Administrator
Hello from Bosnia,

I've let my Dreambox 800HD PVR receiver to format the USB stick, and saw during formatting the message about it being done in Linux format. After succesfuly completing the setting up to record on USB stick and recording my first programme - I can play it via recorder's Media Player, but not on my laptop or PC at work (both running Windows 7). Both say that the USB stick is not formatted. I suppose the same problem would occur if I used the external HDD connected via USB cable. So my question is - how to record on USB stick AND external HDD, and that the files can be later copied to the PC or laptop? And how big are these files? How many minutes or hrs can be saved on a 8 Gb or 16 Gb USB stick?
Sorry, we support only Vu+ receivers.

eugenevdp

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I have used your (easy to follow!) instructions to setup recording through USB for my Vu+ Zero. The good news is that the external harddisk is recognized, when doing the test I get an OK, I could create the directory, etc. etc. When I record though (regardless if I use timer or endless or any other option) and want to playback the recorded programm, it shows the title in the directory and the program description, but the file size is 0 MB and when pressing play the screen stays black and then it stops after a few seconds. I have tried to connect another device (USB stick), but get the same result. Do you have any idea what I might have missed in setting it up or what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your support!

nunigaia

Hi,
I have used your (easy to follow!) instructions to setup recording through USB for my Vu+ Zero. The good news is that the external harddisk is recognized, when doing the test I get an OK, I could create the directory, etc. etc. When I record though (regardless if I use timer or endless or any other option) and want to playback the recorded programm, it shows the title in the directory and the program description, but the file size is 0 MB and when pressing play the screen stays black and then it stops after a few seconds. I have tried to connect another device (USB stick), but get the same result. Do you have any idea what I might have missed in setting it up or what I could be doing wrong? Thanks in advance for your support!

Have you setted the attributes to "movie" folder as 755?

best regards
nunigaia

hamidr

Vu+ Newbie
Hello thanks for the effort.,
It might be asked many times but Im planning to get a 1T external HDD and it would be "
Western Digital My Passport Ultra Premium External Hard Drive".
My asking is; Is ther any possibilty to mount mentioned HDD on my solo2? I mean since these HDDs use USB BUS POWER is the 500mA power on my PVR would be enough for it? Also I'm planning to use it via my PC and laptop too. So can I creat a "movie" folder specified for the pvr and the rest regularly be used as a normal HDD on my pc?
Also since mentioned HDD have hardware 256 bit encryption system can I enable it while connected to my box?

Thanks in advance

Last edited by a moderator:

cavitoni

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
i used PLI before but just installed the black hole img.
Made a network mount to my Qnap Nas using the mount manager this works .
but i cannot set the recording paths as they are not there Menu>setup>system>recording path
how can is set this somehow ?
thanks in advance

Mito

Administrator
Hi
i used PLI before but just installed the black hole img.
Made a network mount to my Qnap Nas using the mount manager this works .
but i cannot set the recording paths as they are not there Menu>setup>system>recording path
how can is set this somehow ?
thanks in advance
Did you enabled expert mode in Customize menu?
Menu > Setup > System > Customize > Setup Mode: Expert

AlexWilMac

You are asking that because you want to use your NAS as default recording unit?
If you just want to have access to your NAS you have two possibilities:
-install Enhanced Movie Center and create links to your NAS.
-press twice the Recording button to have the chance of adding bookmarks and to browse your folders and devices (press Menu to get from bookmarks to devices).
If you use this second way, next time you'll press Recording button you'll be in the last folder used. So you have to press this button again to browse.

cavitoni

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you i will try both options,
I am sure its a great image but add ons are hard to find ( most likely because i am not used to it yet )
Like cam stuf to to use indoors of course.
is there some kind of a user manual ? to find out what all in e.g te setup menu is ?

Geoff

Vu+ Newbie
Thankyou for a great tutorial. I have a vey strange problem. I am able to set up all record paths to my usb flash drive but I am unable to get timeshift on it. it does not see the usb drive when trying to set the path.

AlexWilMac

Thank you i will try both options,
I am sure its a great image but add ons are hard to find ( most likely because i am not used to it yet )
Like cam stuf to to use indoors of course.
is there some kind of a user manual ? to find out what all in e.g te setup menu is ?

Each time we have to learn a new thing it seems "hard" and more difficult just because we are not used to it. For instance, I find much more uncomfortable (I cannot say difficult) other images which I find designed with a more confused idea...
Addons and plugins, as perfectly said in every post that announces a new version, are either accessible from Menu (Plugins) or, even easier, by GREEN (plugins) and then YELLOW.

cavitoni

Vu+ Newbie
This worked out, Thanks a lot.

But i have no idea how to get my O.cam to work.Strugling with this for over 3 weeks now without any result.
it shows up under the Blue menu but tas about it.
within pli i just filled out. O.cam.server but tis doesnt work for the version thats available for BH.

I am willing to make some kind of donation if somebody can help me to get this up and runneing ::

Matrix10

Administrator
This worked out, Thanks a lot.

But i have no idea how to get my O.cam to work.Strugling with this for over 3 weeks now without any result.
it shows up under the Blue menu but tas about it.
within pli i just filled out. O.cam.server but tis doesnt work for the version thats available for BH.

I am willing to make some kind of donation if somebody can help me to get this up and runneing ::

Warning,

It seems to me you have not read the rules of our forum.
No discussion of emulators is allowed on this forum.
http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

The same goes for PM.

This time serious warning.

Madzo

Vu+ Newbie
This is a great tutorial,works 100%.Thank you very much for that!!

I am running the Vu+ Uno 4k.
Im just wondering,as the files .ts are in hd quality,is there an option somwhere hidden,where i could possibly setup lets say instead oh 1080p resoultion only 720p for my recordings?Also i noticed it saves into the .ts file all audio tracks available for that channels (sometimes is even 5 tracks).As this is not really necessary and its only pumping up the size of the files,can this parameter be specified too??
Thanks a lot again!

AlexWilMac

This is a great tutorial,works 100%.Thank you very much for that!!

I am running the Vu+ Uno 4k.
Im just wondering,as the files .ts are in hd quality,is there an option somwhere hidden,where i could possibly setup lets say instead oh 1080p resoultion only 720p for my recordings?

No, there is no parameter to set the video quality.

Also i noticed it saves into the .ts file all audio tracks available for that channels (sometimes is even 5 tracks).As this is not really necessary and its only pumping up the size of the files,can this parameter be specified too??

No and, by the way, audio weighs in a not significant way compared to video.

Thanks a lot again!