HowTo Context Menu and Sumenu in Xbmc

Shiro

BH-C
To access Subemnus in Xbmc we need a button to emulate right mouse Button.
We will do this using the mute button:

1) Goto the folder /media/hdd/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps and check if it is present the file keyboard.xml
2) If you have not the file in this location goto /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

3) Edit file keyboard.xml
4) find line <volume_mute>mute</volume_mute>
5) Subtitute with <volume_mute>ContextMenu</volume_mute>
6) Restart Xbmc

CroCo

Vu+ Newbie

1) Goto the folder /media/hdd/.xbmc/userdata/keymaps and check if it is present the file keyboard.xml
2) If you have not the file in this location goto /usr/share/xbmc/system/keymaps/keyboard.xml

6) Restart Xbmc
Is there another way to do this? I use the Mute button to mute my tv, so it do not work in xbmc. would it be possible to use another button? maybe the "help button"

CroCo

Vu+ Newbie
Is there another way to do this? I use the Mute button to mute my tv, so it do not work in xbmc. would it be possible to use another button? maybe the "help button"
Hi. found a work-around. Just used an app on my iPhone with a ContextMenu button :)

joiner

Vu+ Newbie
hi. could you please give me some info regarding this file, do i just swap files keyboard xml? and what difference will it make to my solo2 re normal tv viewing. thank you for your help.

sergiojess

Vu+ Newbie
I have configurated the remote con control my tv.
So, when i press mute, the button activates the mute of the tv, not the mute of the vu duo2 and so the submenu button does not work.
Is possible to map to other button different from mute?

paerola

Vu+ Newbie

6) Restart Xbmc

Isn't it possible to use the menu button on the remote control to access the right click menu in xbmc. That would be more logical to me?

Or are not all buttons on the remote control accessible from within xbmc? Which buttons can I use in that case?

moodbest

Vu+ Newbie
Is there a provision to configure the menu button this way?

Holding the menu button for 3 seconds = right mouse button

Like we do with blue button?

olive069

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
i'm trying to map extra buttons for Kodi. For example, mapping channel +/- for page up/down or </> for bacl/menu. I can't find the right key map in xml files.
Any ideas? Thanks.