HowTo flash/update Vu+ images

Justin86

Vu+ Newbie
So i have updated settings and have gotten the constant green light. tried usb bootloader followed by blackhole image and still have a green light. any ideas. any help would be greatly appreciated.

vu+ solo

Mick12334

Which version of the VU+ Solo?
The original VU+ Solo has been superceded, by the VU+ Solo 2, and the VU+ Solo SE, and SE v2.
If you have the old VU+ Solo I'd first check if it's genuine, as there are a lot of clones.

Mick12334

The original VU+ Solo is an old receiver, some of which are clones, and are unsupported, so please first check if your receiver is genuine.
Next check which version of the bootloader you have installed.

My Vu+ Solo2 with Open Blackhole 0.6 has crashed and the crash log says not enough space (unable to paste crash log), reading around I gather I have to use the "Plug in mover" to free up space on my flash drive. I have downloaded the file and would try to do this later when I get home, please could anyone tell me how I should use this file?

Should it be unzipped onto a usb and inserted in the set or it should be installed via FTP?

Thanks.

AlexWilMac

I've never heard of this plugin but, if you want my advice, instead of installing another plugin and get your flash even more used, remove as many plugins as possible. Don't install plugins if they are not really needed.

Mito

Administrator
My Vu+ Solo2 with Open Blackhole 0.6 has crashed and the crash log says not enough space (unable to paste crash log), reading around I gather I have to use the "Plug in mover" to free up space on my flash drive. I have downloaded the file and would try to do this later when I get home, please could anyone tell me how I should use this file?

Should it be unzipped onto a usb and inserted in the set or it should be installed via FTP?

Thanks.
You are OT in this thread

bigbox168

Vu+ Newbie
Hi to all, I have a problem to upgrade my ultimo 4k, I followed the procedure with the usb key (fat 32) but at the step "flashing image" nothing happens, after 1 hour the STB doesn't upgrade, always shows the same message ("flashing image"). Any suggestions?
thanks in advance