HowTo keep your Vu+ cool and avoid overheating.

paolino

Vu+ User+++
At first, follow your user manual, where to place your box.

For those, who doesn't want to use for any reason third party plugin Fancontrol2, I suggest to set
Menu > Plugins > Manual Fan control to "ON" in standby. (I personally prefer Deep Standby which keeps box cooler, or total power off when no recordings are programmed.)

Menu > Plugins > Manual Fan control

Manual_FC.jpg

Fancontrol2 is a better solution, because you can control speed of your box fan.

For installation:
Press Green > Yellow > Addons Download Manager > BH Addons Plugin > Fancontrol2

After installation and reboot is possible to configure Fancontrol2 (blue > press long or Menu > Plugins > FanControl2)

Fancontrol2.jpg

4Pin configuration is the best I found for my Solo2.

Try the best for your use and please, report your experiences and tests on other boxes (Fan type).

You can also check your fan by LAN/WLAN typing in browser http://IP of your box/fancontrol

Thanks.

PS: Thanks to Matrix10 for having patience with me couple of months ago.

Gosse

Vu+ Newbie
This a very good app, works fine and give's a good feeling about your team. Nice job :cool:

jwlalek

Vu+ User
I don't know if FanControl2 is working properly. I have everything set and saved. The problem is: if I switch the box ON, the fan speed will keep 1280rpm for all day. Once I change voltage or PWM it will start to drop the speed (target 600rpm). After reboot it will come back to 1280rpm. The fan speed shall depends on the temperature of the box (CPU) and change if need.

My settings are as follow:

Fan type: 4PIN
Fan off in Standby: Yes
min Speed rpm: 600
max Speed rpm: 1300
Static temp C: 40
End temperature C: 50
Initial Voltage: 220
Initial PWM: 225

Is there anything wrong with my settings? Why the fan speed doesn't change at all until I make a changes to voltage or PWM?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
At the moment I use standard FanControl. I've set PWM to 150 and the temperature do not exceed 35 C degreese :cool:

Gosse

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Guys,

I find some things there waiting for a answer :)
- Can i remove the standaard fancontrole when FanControl2 is intalled??
- In the standby modus the fan is blowing every 20 sec for i think 3 or 4 sec, why this option and not constant blowing with perhaps 50 rpm?

jwlalek

Vu+ User
If you activate a FanControl2 the standard one (FanControl) is disabled. I think you can remove it if have that opportunity.
Your fan blows every 20 sec because probably it is set in software and you can't do enything with it.

shilev

Vu+ Newbie
At the moment I use standard FanControl. I've set PWM to 150 and the temperature do not exceed 35 C degreese :cool:

150?
When i bought box i tried to see how fast fan can go. I don't remember well but when it was over 100 or 150, i can't remember, box has shut down by itself.

I guess temp under 42-43c is fine in the summer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk HD

shilev

Vu+ Newbie
Is it ok to put box in deep standby over night every day?

Now i tried fan and it goes over 150 pwm without problem, but i will stick on 20-50 pwm, depending on weather.

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Is it ok to put box in deep standby over night every day?

Why not, I always do. Box is on rest for all night :)

Now i tried fan and it goes over 150 pwm without problem, but i will stick on 20-50 pwm, depending on weather.

It may be not enough. At 50PWM your fan speed will be around 490rpm (the temperature may raise up to or over 45 C degreese). Mine is set for 130PWM now (805rpm) and the temperature is around 35 C degreese (25 C room temperature). Better to keep it cool and you will save on capacitors.

shilev

Vu+ Newbie
Is it ok to have 50-90 pwm all day when vu+ is on?

I'm little scared that fan could be too much used in that way.

This is my settings.

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1377021306080.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1377021306080.jpg
    79.9 KB · Views: 398

jwlalek

Vu+ User
Is it ok to have 50-90 pwm all day when vu+ is on?

I think it doesn't matter, you just have to observe it (rpm + temp.).
The most important thing is a temperature. As you can see you are getting 40C or more. I've set my fan (standard FanControl) to 140pwm and I'm getting up to 36C by constant 840rpm (SSD inside the box which generates additional heat).

roddiss

BH Lover
I have problems with Fancontrol on Duo2. It wont adjust automatically as it should. Tha fan speed is constant....

YipMan

Vu+ User
Personally I did not touch anything after the update BH, standby no more than an hour, and at midnight I put out squarely: is what I'm on the right track? :p

yummer

BH Lover
Can anyone give me a brief description of what each setting is for fancontrol2 please as I've just had my duo2 yesterday (upgrade from duo). I'd like a description of each setting so as to get a better understanding of setting it up in various ambient temperatures.

Many thanks
Yum

dacorsa

Vu+ User
i have problem with this software and my vu duo...crash Always , if i set 3 pin and if i set 4 pin....how can i solve it?

thanks