HowTo keep your Vu+ cool and avoid overheating.

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
FanControl2 on Duo2.... not working, due to 2pin socket I guess. Manual fan control with PWM set to 130 and 805rpm is reported all the time (that is ok), no fan noise, and temperature is 37-39C all the time (antenna connectors are extremely hot at the same time...)

macnuts

Vu+ Newbie
Is there yet another (3rd) fan controlling plugin for duo2? I ruled out FanControl2 and now I am using Manual Fan Control. Is that another plugin any better that Manual Fan Control and if so, how could I set it up? Without Manual Fan Control the reported temperature was significantly higher than with it running. Please advise.

kiki0077

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
Due to the speed of rotation the "blades" catch lot of dust which decrease efficiency. I think cleaning the fun from time to time will increase the cooling of the box.

vu_duo

Vu+ Newbie
You could always install the fan next, on top or under your stb. Then you only need FanControl 3 to have everything working smoothly.
Whoever came up with this sure laughing right now. The BCM chipset does not need a fan to cool off. If vuplus or whoever did not install
correct components with high temperature compliance that is another story. You might need a fan to cool those things off.

nfc-cn5101-250x250.jpg

stainless

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, my Vu+ Duo occasionally restart itself which I believe is due to overheating.
I replaced the internal fan and am using a laptop fan (similar to the one shown in the pictures of Serpa1982 above. I also turned off almost all plug-ins to not start with boot. However, the box still keeps on restarting albeit the frequency is much less now.

The other thing is, once its restarts, it keeps on restarting until I turn it off and leave it alone for a couple of hours. My fan control is set to always on.

Can anyone here suggest what else I need to do? I have BH 2.0.3 installed on my box.

stainless

Vu+ Newbie
Great, Just found some instructions on another forum about which capacitor to change and how to change it...
The box now works perfect - saved me spending another couple of hundred quids to buy a new box

cga

Vu+ Newbie
How do you put VuDuo to deep standby? Is it deep standby the same stanby? I only see stanby

cga

Vu+ Newbie
Pushing the button longer just switch off the box, then I have to restart it from the back button

kiki0077

Vu+ Newbie
Pushing the button longer just switch off the box, then I have to restart it from the back button
Hi,
You havn't to restart it from the back button, the button next to the commun interface you can just push it to put the duo on. On mine after a deep standby It's put on usin the remote control, or when the timer is set.