HowTo Mount HDD and USB in the Black Hole Devices Manger

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
Hi, I have bought recenltly a vu+duo2 , i like to mount a hdd ... really it's the first time i try to install it, and i don't know,where to start ?

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
I was interested to install it fisically as hardware firstly ! Is it neccessary to open the box and to install it inside ? Any hard disk can go well inside ? Thanks

nunigaia

I was interested to install it fisically as hardware firstly ! Is it neccessary to open the box and to install it inside ? Any hard disk can go well inside ? Thanks

On duo2 ... you can install an 2.5 or 3.5 HDD, and yes you might open your STB.
When you bought your STB ... you have received the necessary cables, adapters and the necessary screws to mount it.

You can check this video to help you:

Code:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWcvC4XcBZs

best regards
nunigaia

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
Thank you very much...then i have a question ? How to take advantages from this box , which offer many things to do ? Could you give some advices ?

nunigaia

Thank you very much...then i have a question ? How to take advantages from this box , which offer many things to do ? Could you give some advices ?

Just one advice, never make questions about illegal stuff. I would kindly ask you, just for remember to take a look at our board rules. --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.htmlhttp://www.vuplus-community.net/rules.html

Note: Ask allways for your issues on the section of your STB and image used in it.

best regards
nunigaia

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
I don't understand why doesen't show my HDD ? I have just installed it inside the box. It appears only on Hard Drive Panel with status " Running " whereas when I go to mapp on Device Manager nothing is been showed...maybe it occurred to do something before following these steps ?

nunigaia

I don't understand why doesen't show my HDD ? I have just installed it inside the box. It appears only on Hard Drive Panel with status " Running " whereas when I go to mapp on Device Manager nothing is been showed...maybe it occurred to do something before following these steps ?

You must initialize first the HDD. Make a partition and choose the filesystem you want. Mine has as FS EXT4 ( WD BLACK EDITION 1TB HDD ).
After that mount it as /media/hdd on devices manager, and reboot it.

best regards
nunigaia

Toni_1308

Vu+ Newbie
Now that I have mounted it, I have created several folders and passing on that my files from my PC. I wanted to know why some files have problems to be playing and stoped at the 20% of their time ? It's so strange while a VU+duo2, that has a high price, shouldn't happen anymore events like this ! I think it's sure thas might be a problem of embeged players of image ? Is there any other possibility to play files on Vu+ ?

jordycf

Vu+ Newbie
You must initialize first the HDD. Make a partition and choose the filesystem you want. Mine has as FS EXT4 ( WD BLACK EDITION 1TB HDD ).
After that mount it as /media/hdd on devices manager, and reboot it.

best regards
nunigaia
Hello!, i´m trying it, but when i reboot it, in bh devices manager menu, in the hdd i read; Mount: NONE ... i don´t know how do it.

Regards

grufti

Vu+ Newbie
Same problem with ultimo4k. I knew it from duo2 before: Blackhole 2.xx and 3.0x, Internal 2 TB HD is ok, but usb HD 2TB seems not to be mounted. Formerly i gave up with duo2 but now tested more with ultimo4 and found: Devices Manager shows NOT MOUNTED after reboot, BUT external HD is usable and working, if you find it in the linux device structure! May be the device manager only shows wrong information?

AlexWilMac

Which problems? How did you format it?
These kind of very generic messages can't get real support if you don't describe exactly your issues!

selim57

Vu+ Newbie
I didn't formatted it. NTFS already. I've 1,8 TB movies in it. Not a chance to format into any way.
I wish to load it on kodi but I cannot mount, so kodi cannot see it.

BlackHole doesn't support NTFS HDDs larger than 2TB?

AlexWilMac

Not a chance to format into any way????
You can and you must format it by BH itself and surely not in NTFS but in Ext4.
I supposed that it was in NTFS and that causes your problems. You are running a Linux image, not windows...

Matrix10

Administrator
I didn't formatted it. NTFS already. I've 1,8 TB movies in it. Not a chance to format into any way.
I wish to load it on kodi but I cannot mount, so kodi cannot see it.

BlackHole doesn't support NTFS HDDs larger than 2TB?

Nfts is a windows format
not the Linux format that uses the box.
So for the use inside the box forget the NFTS.
Box is not a windows computer.