HOWTO UPGRADE FROM 2.0.2 TO 2.0.3 SAVING ALL YOUR SETTINGS

DanielFran

BH Lover
hello i am confused.
i have bh208.1 aned i want to update to bh209.i
In flash i only have the image.And in avalon universe i have my settings and all the plugins.
How should i proceed to save both settings and plugins,with personal or full back up?
thanks

Hello Shiro,

I install this morning BH 2.0.9 and I cannot install backup system settings from 2.0.8.1, it says no backup founds and I have in HDD root the BhPersonalBackup.bh5 file! :(

saeed.agha

Vu+ Newbie
HOWTO UPGRADE FROM 2.0.2 TO 2.0.3 SAVING ALL YOUR SETTINGS:

1) From your current installed image 2.0.x goto -> Menu -> Setup -> System -> Customize
- Set Setup mode to Expert
2) Goto Menu -> setup -> Software Managment -> Advanced Options -> Choose backup location
- Set Harddisk or set Usb but ONLY IF YOU HAVE NOT HDD
3) If you are expert goto Choose backup files and select all the things you want. If you are not expert skip this step.
4) Go back to previous menu and click on Backup System settings
5) Flash your box with Black Hole Hyperspace and answer yes when the box will ask you if you want to restore your settings.

Hi
in this method all dish setting ( motor dish ) and all plugin and .... are saved ?
thanks

arstem

Vu+ Newbie
Hi Shiro,

The procedure to restore system backup described here did not work for me after updating from BH 2.1.0 to BH 2.1.1.
I followed the instructions - made system settings backup, then flashed the box by BH 2.1.1 and when prompt to restore system settings pressed OK.
Message that it is restoring is displayed for a moment, but nothing happened and settings are not restored.
No configs or channels list are restored.
What am I doing wrong ?
Can you please help me to restore the settings or roll back to BH 2.1.0 that I also backed up on HDD ?

Thanks!

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
To flash back to previous image you will have to transfer your backup file from your hard drive to a formatted USB stick then follow usual procedure for flash

arstem

Vu+ Newbie
Robocop1967, thanks a lot ! I rolled back to previous image.
One more thing, how to use personal backup for the BH 2.1.0 image that I have also saved.

Thanks again !

PoseiDon25

Vu+ Newbie
If you rolled back to your full backup then you don't need to restore your personal backup setting. If you re-flashed it fresh then just restore your saved personal backup settings.

Robocop1967

Vu+ User
As long as you've got everything backed up to your HD/USB you can keep practising.That's how I learnt.I used Shiro's instructions to the letter and it worked perfectly but every now and then I just reflash and start from scratch with the latest image and have fresh settings and plugins installed.You'll soon get the hang of it and become more competent.And at the end of it all you can say YES,I DID IT!!!!

KFL

Vu+ User
You can use Personal Backup, but you can not restore all options. Restoring Buquets, Channels, network and settings is working without problem. I have restored this from BH2091 to BH211. Other things like skin, plugins, ... I have newly installed.

jorge2014

Vu+ Newbie
Hello,

i have upgrade Vu+ solo2 from 2.0.1 to 2.1.1..i have make a backup before with a zip file...how do i restore it now ???