HW Error

nunigaia

No, the configuration on the box when it happened for the first time was:
- flash-BH 3.0.8 and openmultiboot-OBH 4.2
after the issue I try to flash the box many times with diverse image versions but witout success!!!
So the only good working configuration in my Box until now is:
- flash-BH2.1.7 and on OMB-OBH4.2
I never tried the Pli or VIX images... I made a screenshot from openwebif, there is the box config

It seems, that you are only porting the unapcked images, from a previous running flash image:

1) Flash as you wish ... BlackHole 3.0.8 or Open BlackHole 4.2.018 image .

2) Try running one of them for the first time ( until it boots with "no issues" )

3) If you haven´t got the previous h/w error ...

4) Proceed with Open Multiboot installation images ( if it is your desire ! ), in order to have Multiboot options.

best regards
nunigaia

brunito

Vu+ Newbie
It seems, that you are only porting the unapcked images, from a previous running flash image:

1) Flash as you wish ... BlackHole 3.0.8 or Open BlackHole 4.2.018 image .

2) Try running one of them for the first time ( until it boots with "no issues" )

3) If you haven´t got the previous h/w error ...

4) Proceed with Open Multiboot installation images ( if it is your desire ! ), in order to have Multiboot options.

best regards
nunigaia
I'm quite thinking about let it run like this! Of course it would be better to run an actual image but as I've explain before, there is only something that I don't understand... ''Firmawe does not exist'' when I try to upgrade FPGA?!

nunigaia

I'm quite thinking about let it run like this! Of course it would be better to run an actual image but as I've explain before, there is only something that I don't understand... ''Firmawe does not exist'' when I try to upgrade FPGA?!

And, if your STB is running smoothly, why do you need to upgrade FPGA?

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

It was just an hypothesis I made, before knowing that he was already using a recent image. But he hadn't told us anything, at the beginning ;)
Now, we know it's not needed the FPGA upgrade.

brunito

Vu+ Newbie
OK guys, I will let it run like that the next days... if it keep running well I will keep the config like that, if not I will try to flash the box again with VIX or OBH 4.2 to see what happen!

I have another question, since approx a year and that also before the issue, the box freezes for 1 min exactly everyday at 18h and 24h... do you know why?

Thank you!

Bruno

Someone with better knowledge may corret me if i am wrong.
But FPGA is a firmware upgrade but since nobody is running the Stock Vu+ image (OI 3.0)
we do an online image upgrade instead.

I think that you needed a plugin in the old days that you could use to
upgrade your STB (Vu+ Reciver) like we now do with Image Online Upgrade
It was a way to get new drivers and other updates that we today get
with the online image update.

mirza786

Vu+ Newbie
HI Brunito
I have same prole in my VU+SOLO2 its 100% Original i self purchased in Dmm-tv in UAE in 2012 when its Vu Release I use it Perfectly 2012 to 2017.butt 2018 Install new Latest Black Hole Image after updates it will Same HW ERROR .I so many images Try OLD and OLDEST and CLONE Image New Different Companies Image Butt Problem is same .I d not fix It and and last 10 days Unfortunately Vu+Solo 2 Perfect working after updates online 3.0.8 so i refer you.

nunigaia

HI Brunito
I have same prole in my VU+SOLO2 its 100% Original i self purchased in Dmm-tv in UAE in 2012 when its Vu Release I use it Perfectly 2012 to 2017.butt 2018 Install new Latest Black Hole Image after updates it will Same HW ERROR .I so many images Try OLD and OLDEST and CLONE Image New Different Companies Image Butt Problem is same .I d not fix It and and last 10 days Unfortunately Vu+Solo 2 Perfect working after updates online 3.0.8 so i refer you.

Though, its very strange, your STB is 100% original and you have tried a image for a CLONE Vuplus STB. Well done! :wallbash:

best regards
nunigaia

sagher

Vu+ Newbie
Hello
i got this error.
try to upgrade via USB
USB detecting. and image start flashing.
some time stuck on flashing..
some times stuck on finish

but the strange thing is that, Acetel FPGA chip is sudden overheating while installation .
The history is loosing in board and component.
previously stuck on starting..
after washing the board and re-heat the components. all regulator ICs works and box now picking USB
but now FPGA chip is heating
i need voltage diagram of this chip.
and which regolator IC involve to send voltage on this IC
i hope i am so close to re-alive my box .

Attachments

• VU+ Solo2.txt
    11.5 KB · Views: 7