icefilms problems after installing autoBoquets E2

The Beerhunter

Vu+ Newbie
i have had icefilms on my Vu+Solo2 for a while and it has been going fine, but i installed autoBoquets E2 for 28.2e and now when i open icefilms i get a green screen & reboot, the autoBoquets is a great plugin and i would like to keep it and icefilms, has anyone else had this problem, and is there a remedy ?

Thanks.

yummer

BH Lover
I run both plugins mate without issues. I suggest you upload a crash log for someone to give assistance. Have you tried uninstalling both plugins and trying again?

noban

Vu+ Newbie
The Icefilms site has changed the required headers needed for browsers to connect.

this is a simple fix,and to stop the http 403 errors which are causing your box to crash,because no exception was ever added at this point, you need to update the user agent used within the Icefilms plugin code and add an Accept to fool the site into thinking the plugin is actually a browser connecting to it.

Ian.

The Beerhunter

Vu+ Newbie
The Icefilms site has changed the required headers needed for browsers to connect.

this is a simple fix,and to stop the http 403 errors which are causing your box to crash,because no exception was ever added at this point, you need to update the user agent used within the Icefilms plugin code and add an Accept to fool the site into thinking the plugin is actually a browser connecting to it.

Ian.

This sounds very complicated to me...lol can you tell me how i make these changes.
Thanks

x-xxxA

Vu+ User

Ian.

Glad that there is a 'simple' fix for this problem. Would appreciate if you could give us more details where we can find, and how to update, the user agent used within the Icefilms plugin.

noban

Vu+ Newbie
its not my plugin buddy.

i doubt subix would like it if i decompiled the plugin.py file and edited the code then uploaded it all over the net.
ive fixed my version and it takes just 2mins,and its only 2 lines of code that have to be changed.but also in my version ive added many extra resolvers and features too.again if i uploaded this version,im sure subix would also be upset.

i was just informing people that im sure a fix will be coming soon from subix,as its so easy to make the plugin work again and will only take a couple of mins of his time,as its nothing major,and for peeps not to worry about losing it for good.

this is why i informed people it was just a simple fix,just so they need not be concerned.

Ian.

Geoff

Vu+ Newbie
Glad that there is a 'simple' fix for this problem. Would appreciate if you could give us more details where we can find, and how to update, the user agent used within the Icefilms plugin.
I would be very grateful if you could inform me as to how to fix it......Thanks Geoff

noban

Vu+ Newbie
you need to update the user agent used within the Icefilms plugin code and add an Accept to fool the site into thinking the plugin is actually a browser connecting to it.

i already have !

if you do not understand what the above means,then you yourself are unable to fix the plugin and need to wait for Subix to release a fix for you.

Ian.

Lincsat

Vu+ User
You can load the TSMedia plugin and access Icefilms from that M8. TSMedia has an update function, so you can always keep everything up to date.

Bogdan H

Vu+ Newbie
Hey Guys! So, I have the same issue - but I don't know what the hell I installed :) - the certain thing is that icefilms doesn't work properly. After getting the green screen, my receiver is restarting (VU+ Solo2) and there's no sound available anymore - so I need to restart it again :-(. Any clue on what I should do?

BR
B.

Bogdan H

Vu+ Newbie

Ian.
How do you do that, mate?

KR
B.

McrRed

Vu+ Newbie
Probably the simplest way is to follow lincsat's suggestion in #11 above

Sent from my Lenovo A820