Duo / DuoLE Image on Duo freezes and/or sound mutes too oftenly

Djwaas

Vu+ Newbie
Hey everyone:

I decided to buy a Duo a few months ago, and since the first week, I noticed that the image (let's say while watching a free to air channel) freezes from 5mn to 30mn after turning the device on.
Sometimes, it's a black screen that is displayed, or a still image with the sound running, sometimes neither sound or image, the whole box locks up, I can't enter menu etc.
The only way to have it function again is to reboot..

In the worst case scenario, the device stays stuck on the BH starting image after switching it on.

Beside the freezing problem, sometimes only the sound is lost, and I retrieve it by hitting the mute button twice, which is annoying.

I installed a HD inside the DUO, and ran a video, same kind of problems happens.

I started doubting if my device is an original VU+ product, so I checked through the proper plugin with my serial number, it appears to be the real deal.

I kept hoping each time a new BH image is available that the problem will disappear, but flashing didn't solve the problem (I'm currently using the 2.0.3 version).

Now I'm thinking about the following solutions:

1. If the problem continues, try to run the DUO with a different image than BH, please suggest to me the second best choice I have (perhaps Vix?).

2. I have read on a different forum that someone with a similar problem solved it by installing an old image, but which one then? and where can I retrieve it?
This is what he wrote on March 2012: "It appears that the latest Kernal 3.11 has a memory leak, back in April of this year I read that the VU creators had become aware of problems such as mine in a small number of Vu Duos, They had received a box with this fault and where attempting a fix but so far they coudnt find where the fault lied.
According to some people going back to the old Kernal and an Old Image was the only option."

Well, I'm opened to your suggestions.
Thanks in advance!

paolino

Vu+ User+++
Reflash with a BH 2.0.4 and check without installing any plugins (don't do backup recovery too). My Duo is running without any problems (Last BH 2.0.4).

Shiro

BH-C
Hey everyone:

2. I have read on a different forum that someone with a similar problem solved it by installing an old image, but which one then? and where can I retrieve it?
This is what he wrote on March 2012: "It appears that the latest Kernal 3.11 has a memory leak, back in April of this year I read that the VU creators had become aware of problems such as mine in a small number of Vu Duos, They had received a box with this fault and where attempting a fix but so far they coudnt find where the fault lied.
According to some people going back to the old Kernal and an Old Image was the only option."

These are all nonsense.
Thousands and thousand of ppl are running bh on duo and are happy.
The issue is not in Black Hole image or in the kernel or in Vu.

The problem can only depend from external skin or plugins that you use to install in your image that cause a flash or memory issue.

Djwaas

Vu+ Newbie
I installed the 2.0.5 Update, and rescanned for channels, but this time, i installed no extra plugins.

The good : no more freezing ! Paolino & Shiro must be right, some plugin was playing badly with the device memory.

The bad: the sound keeps switching off each time there’s a kind of “sound peak”. I tried turning the volume down, but the problem still happens.
On some channels, I need to push the mute button every 25 seconds to keep the sound on, it’s too annoying.
If i find no solution to the sound issue, i have no other choice but return the device and try something else..

To reinstall the 2.0.5 image, I just plugged an USB drive and rebooted, then waited for the reboot message. Did the device run a backup recovery by default that I should have disabled?
Should I try VIX?
Is there any other idea to try on the sound issue?

I am a bit desperate.. So Thanks for the help !