Is there a Vu 4K Receiver that is also UHD media player?

oregon

Vu+ Newbie
Hi

I currently have Vu Ultimo and Vu Duo 2 boxes. I want to upgrade to 4K versions.

I want to be able to play 4K movies with Dolby Atmos on the box (transferred from PC to box though ethernet). Is there a box that can do this?

Many thanks

AlexWilMac

???? What your HD boxes do with HD files, the 4K do with 4K ones, of course.
Every 4K boxes are able to do that: otherwise, what 4K was made for?

oregon

Vu+ Newbie
???? What your HD boxes do with HD files, the 4K do with 4K ones, of course.
Every 4K boxes are able to do that: otherwise, what 4K was made for?

Thanks. I asked because I saw some threads here saying that someone was unable to play 4K Atmos movies on their VU 4K box. So, I wanted to make sure this was possible, before I made such a big purchase...

AlexWilMac

Then , you can't imagine how many variables your question involves...
A video file is not like a PDF or a XLS whom you always know how to open: what counts in a video file are the codecs used to create it (and encode it, indeed).
So, your problem involves not just the receiver, but also the image used will be responsible of the result.

I got curious by your post about this Atmos videos and I downloaded one of them (titled Core Universe) from a Demo website.
It perfectly works in my configuration: Solo4K, OBH 4.3 with ServiceApp plugin installed and ServiceExt3Player as default player.
But maybe that other images or configurations might not be able to play it, even with the same decoder.

The word of video files is very, very deep and complex!...