Items no longer automatically removed from trash can

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Since a few weeks items are no longer automatically removed from the trash can.
I didn't change any settings.
Any idea?

AlexWilMac

Removing items from trashcan doesn't require to remove each item one by one: if you highlight the trashcan item and press RED, it'll propose to empty it. It's a matter of two seconds, maybe more:
left cursor (to get to the top of the recording list), RED, OK
That's all: but you'll have the control over the deleting process.

fta

Vu+ Newbie
It worked until about two weeks ago. New Year's day approximately. I noticed recording partition disk space running low.

These settings are now ignored:
MovieListSetup.jpg
Files used to be removed from the trash can after 2 days. Not anymore.

AlexWilMac

Yes, I understood this. I was just suggesting a quick alternative because it's a matter of two seconds to empty the trashcan ;)
Check, by FTP or by the plugin DreamExplorer, if some orphans file are in the /media/hdd/movie folder and delete them all. Sometimes, the real recording, the .ts file, has been deleted but some other files remain as orphans and the trash appear not to be empty.
Also, as a try, disable the automatic deleting, restart the GUI and then enable it back.

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Funny thing is, a reboot triggers a cleanup of the trash can. Without changing any settings.

fta

Vu+ Newbie
I had had a look already using a secure shell but after your remark about files lingering around I found a few. Particularly files created by stream recordings. File names ending with stream.metaeit and streameit. That doesn't look good.

I deleted them and restarted the box. It will take a few days to test if it's now solved.

AlexWilMac

Maybe if you, for the benefit of all users who might read this thread now and in the future, told us "how"...

fta

Vu+ Newbie
Yes. I thought the solution was clear from post #6, but anyway.

So I deleted a few files lingering around in /hdd/movie created by stream recordings. File names ending with stream.metaeit, streameit and the like. Reboot. Problem solved.