keyboard does not appear in ChromiumOS

novae

Vu+ Newbie
Hi,
I'm using OBH 4.2.019 with VU+ Ultimo 4K.
I'm trying to use ChromiumOS but I can't find a way to input text there.
I can make the enigma 2 keyboard appear when I use the yellow button but then the text I wrote doesn't appear when I return to the edit box of the Chromium browser...

I have seen some videos on youtube and I can see a keyboard appearing automatically in the bottom of the screen everytime the cursor is over an edit box. So why it doesn't appear ???
Thanks for any help.

Here is a video with the same problem and solution but under windows 10...

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

I'm sure I've read something about it but I'm not sure to remember the solution. Maybe it was needed to move the cursor over the input field by the arrows k_eys before using yellow, but I'm not sure at all...

novae

Vu+ Newbie
too bad you can't remember the solution...
At least this means that a solution exists. So I'll continue to search but what you describe doesn't work.
Anyhow, Thanks.

novae

Vu+ Newbie
ok, if I go to the settings menu, in Accessibility, there is an option called "On-screen keyboard"
If I activate it then when I go to an edit box I can see a keyboard starting to appear but unfortunately Chromium chrashes immediatly...
aaarrrggghhh......

novae

Vu+ Newbie
Just tried the same method under BH 3.0.7 (thanks OpenMultiBoot) and same behavior observed.
The keyboard just starts to appear before Chromium crashes...

novae

Vu+ Newbie
Same behaviour under VTI 14.0.1...
So no way to enter text (even the URL) under chromium ! so it's useless...
May be it is possible to connect a bluetooth keyboard ? but I don't have one...
Is there any way to use my android phone as a bluetooth keyboard ?

eboelens

Vu+ Newbie
I tried to enter text in Chromium but that doesn't work with me either. The keyboard will appear, but I cannot do a SMS entry. numbers only . Writing to the browser also does not work

AlexWilMac

Not even using an external keyboard? Not even pressing multiple times the RC keys (for instance, twice the '2' to write 'a')?