lcd picons and vfd for duo2 in obh

jrbmw

Vu+ User
I cant get the vfd and lcd picons on the front of the box to work on the duo2.using obh image
they work ok on bh 2.1.6.When I go into the plugin all the pictures are there on the screen but wont turn on in the display.I have loaded a modified skin_user.xml file into the box with some success .The lcd display is on but not the vfd display .I was wondering if the skin_.xml file for obh needs modifying

nunigaia

I cant get the vfd and lcd picons on the front of the box to work on the duo2.using obh image
they work ok on bh 2.1.6.When I go into the plugin all the pictures are there on the screen but wont turn on in the display.I have loaded a modified skin_user.xml file into the box with some success .The lcd display is on but not the vfd display .I was wondering if the skin_.xml file for obh needs modifying

On Open Black there´s no skin_user.xml, regarding the vfd like on Blackhole.

To make the LCD work:

Press <GREEN> to enter on plugins, scroll down on plugins until you found Lcd4Linux plugin --> Open It --> Change on the first line NO to YES, and press <GREEN> to save and exit.

<EXIT> to leave plugins, and reboot your STB.

jrbmw

Vu+ User
Done that ...doesent do anything.Tried a factory reset and reloaded a new image.No good.tried using the plugin and webif.alters it on the screen but not on display.
All this works on bh 2.1.6. I changed the user_skin .xml in etc enigma 2 and it gave a display on the lcd screen.Also tried in the plugin menu ...reload config......has no effect

nunigaia

Done that ...doesent do anything.Tried a factory reset and reloaded a new image.No good.tried using the plugin and webif.alters it on the screen but not on display.
All this works on bh 2.1.6. I changed the user_skin .xml in etc enigma 2 and it gave a display on the lcd screen.Also tried in the plugin menu ...reload config......has no effect

On OBH you can't upgrade L4L plugin cause don't works. When I arrive home i'll contact you on fórum about 9:00 pm Gmt

nunigaia

All this works on bh 2.1.6. I changed the skin_user.xml in etc enigma 2 and it gave a display on the lcd screen.Also tried in the plugin menu ...reload config......has no effect

Hi @jrbmw, have you modifyed skin_display.xml file on /usr/share/enigma2 ?

jrbmw

Vu+ User
the file may have come from an ipk config file I uploaded that was meant for bh .Shall I delete it

jrbmw

Vu+ User
stb is duo 2 with the default skin ...the vfd displays the duo2 logo and the lcd channel info clock etc ......D the config files for bh image work on obh

nunigaia

stb is duo 2 with the default skin ...the vfd displays the duo2 logo and the lcd channel info clock etc ......D the config files for bh image work on obh

What skin are you using, on it? Have you installed the latest version LCD4Linux Ver 4.5R4, on Open Blackhole?
Are you using Open Blackhole on Flash or in Multiboot?

jrbmw

Vu+ User
WEBdreambox.png
LCD4linux Config
V4.5-r4

open black hole ......default skin .......image in the flash multiboot not enabled

nunigaia

LCD4linux Config
V4.5-r4
open black hole ......default skin .......image in the flash multiboot not enabled

Trouble founded --> To take your LCD back to life, you must reflash your STB.
Why?

As far i know, the latest version and revision of L4L ( Lcd4Linux ) plugin, is not compatible with Open Black Hole.
The version embebed on OBH is L4L V4.2-R4, and you must not upgrade to the version you have at a time L4L V4.5-R4.

Ok?

Make a previous backup of your channels settings, and reflash the STB with the Version OBH.01 from 06/06/2015.

Good Luck
and reply here when don, to let us know

best regards
nunigaia

Cr4z33

Vu+ Newbie
Don´t upgrade L4L for now --> when it´ll be possible i will post on forum --> that´s is possible!

Thanks for your reply
good night
I am having a similar problem.

I moved to a Vu+ Duo2 since a week or so and I flashed today OBH.
I then ran
Code:
opkg update
opkg upgrade
This afternoon after finishing all my customisations I just noticed that the OLED screen was off so I wanted to setup L4L when I realised it shows nothing but the channel name.

Is that upgrade command the same reason you reported why I can't see picons in the OLED screen? :sad:

nunigaia

I am having a similar problem.

I moved to a Vu+ Duo2 since a week or so and I flashed today OBH.
I then ran
Code:
opkg update
opkg upgrade
This afternoon after finishing all my customisations I just noticed that the OLED screen was off so I wanted to setup L4L when I realised it shows nothing but the channel name.

Is that upgrade command the same reason you reported why I can't see picons in the OLED screen? :sad:

My post #16 is dated from 11Jun2015, now there's no issues with Lcd4Linux ...
There´s no Oled in Vuplus Duo2.
There is an Lcd and Vfd display ... they are different.
LCD on the Left front display and VFD in the middle.

Please, repport wich ones don´t work.

best regards
nunigaia

Cr4z33

Vu+ Newbie
Sorry for the confusion hehe.

I am trying to setup the LCD display with L4L to be able not only to see the channel name, but also the picon (and if possibile a rotation between time, program info, etc.). :)