LCD4LINUX plugin

AlexWilMac

The b&w, think you are talking about vdf not lcd --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/boa...lcd-display-layouts.13520/page-16#post-159382

Some thread you have on 26/02/2015

best regards
nunigaia

I'd rather not mix my config file (which, at least, is good for the internal Duo2 LCD) with others.
I also tried to download other configurations I saw within some threads with this VDF working in order to compare them to mine, but I haven't found the line or lines involved with this display. I've been browsing through all the L4L lines in every sections...
If it's not too difficult to tell which is the line involved, I'd much appreciate!

nunigaia

I'd rather not mix my config file (which, at least, is good for the internal Duo2 LCD) with others.
I also tried to download other configurations I saw within some threads with this VDF working in order to compare them to mine, but I haven't found the line or lines involved with this display. I've been browsing through all the L4L lines in every sections...
If it's not too difficult to tell which is the line involved, I'd much appreciate!

The L4L config is regarding to the LCD internal or external LCD screens ( like samsung ones ). The skin_user.xml is responsible to make the VFD display working properply. The Lcd4config.zip i mentioned on the link, in the previous post that i i´ve answered you have 3 files ( my own configuration L4L config file, and 2 skin_user.xml ( one moded by Ev0, and other moded by Eragon ). Both working on Blackhole Images, as they are moded by our team. I´ve seen in severall foruns that they text rolling on VFD dispaly, but i haven´t sufficent time to test and mode them to make it work on VFD ( Blackhole Images ).

If you have troubles, with your VFD display, use one of this skin_user.xml ( you must before unpack rename it to skin_user.xml ), and use the one you like more!

best regards
nunigaia

AlexWilMac

The L4L config is regarding to the LCD internal or external LCD screens ( like samsung ones ). The skin_user.xml is responsible to make the VFD display working properply. The Lcd4config.zip i mentioned on the link, in the previous post that i i´ve answered you have 3 files ( my own configuration L4L config file, and 2 skin_user.xml ( one moded by Ev0, and other moded by Eragon ). Both working on Blackhole Images, as they are moded by our team. I´ve seen in severall foruns that they text rolling on VFD dispaly, but i haven´t sufficent time to test and mode them to make it work on VFD ( Blackhole Images ).

If you have troubles, with your VFD display, use one of this skin_user.xml ( you must before unpack rename it to skin_user.xml ), and use the one you like more!

best regards
nunigaia

I tried them both but nothing appears on the VFD. Obviously, I didn't use also the config.file: just copied and renamed the two xml files.

nunigaia

I tried them both but nothing appears on the VFD. Obviously, I didn't use also the config.file: just copied and renamed the two xml files.

Have you rebooted uppon that, the Duo2? If not you must do so, mate!

Otherwise there´s, anything else you did, that makes the problem occurs. You can make too. a full backup of yours installed image, and try to install a fresh new firmaware, to see if you bring back your VFD display!

Try to --> before this --> install the bootloader!

Check too the attributes of skin_user.xml file you have uploaded to your STB to /etc/enigma2

By the way, what version of L4L did you have, installed on your STB?

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Yes, as an IT technician I always reboot. I also set the permissions as 755: is it right?
I also installed the latest L4L version.
About bootloader: what do you mean exactly? What file should I flash?

nunigaia

Yes, as an IT technician I always reboot. I also set the permissions as 755: is it right?
I also installed the latest L4L version.
About bootloader: what do you mean exactly? What file should I flash?

The CFE bootloader for VUPLUS DUO2 --> Download from here --> http://www.vuplus-community.net/board/threads/duo2-cfe-bootloader-update.17179/

If you haven´t fixed yet the VFD Display --> you could try too ---> Firmware upgrade for VFD ---> Using it with your remote control --> check the next screens:

1) - Press <Menu>

Choose Plugins and press <OK> --> Drop down, until you get this screen:
Firm_Upgrade.png 2) - Press Ok , you will get the next screen:

Download_VFDCTRL.png

Press <BLUE KEY> to download the files:

When the loaded has completed you should see the next 2 files:

- duo2.bin.vfd
- duo2.bin.vfd.md5 ( file of checksum control )

Select the first one ( duo2.bin.vfd ) and upgrade --> it takes 30 seconds ---> when done ( 100% completed --> you should be prmpted with a message " sucess "), press <OK>, you should be asked to delete the bin data, choose YES, the STB will reboot in 9 seconds.

NOTE: Don´t press nothing or turn off until it done!

After that ... your VFD must be fixed! :dance:

... otherwise --> ... you can try install a new fresh image ... to see if it fixed ... or sadly ... you must have an hardware problem. :chair:

best regards
nunigaia

Last edited:

AlexWilMac

Nothing. I tried everything you wrote and it performed the VFD update too.
The display is surely working because I can read the first two screens at the boot and the messages when you flash something. And, as I wrote, before this attempts I could write the old things (name of the channel) for a split second after pressing STANDBY.
Now it's not possible to read these lines in the same situation. Only the two welcome messages. It must be some wrong setting

nunigaia

Nothing. I tried everything you wrote and it performed the VFD update too.
The display is surely working because I can read the first two screens at the boot and the messages when you flash something. And, as I wrote, before this attempts I could write the old things (name of the channel) for a split second after pressing STANDBY.
Now it's not possible to read these lines in the same situation. Only the two welcome messages. It must be some wrong setting

So ... You are sure that the VFD works! ... It must be anything else you did, that not match vfd for working!

I suggest on previous post to flash newly the image, you can always save your channels settings with dreamset or dreamboxedit to make it! And upon flashing it, upload the saved settings to yours DUO2.

best regards
nunigaia

elam1

Vu+ Newbie
Hello.
It works with lcd4linux B.H.2.1.7.1 in VU + solo2?
For me it does not install ...
well thank you

elam1

Vu+ Newbie
I had to install /libusb-0.1-4_0.1.12-r3_mipsel,libusb-1.0-0_1.0.4-r0_mipsel,python-imaging_1.1.7-r3_mips32el/ and after that installation enigma2-plugin-extensions-lcd4linux_4.7-r2_mipsel, went without problems.

Attachments

• lcd4linux_instal_BH.zip
    287.2 KB · Views: 142

hollysheena

Vu+ Newbie
Hi
Have had to put a new image on my box so lost my lcd layout
Has anyone got a configuration with pitons it’s foe a vu+duo 2 with a tv
I’m new to this so thanks in advance

stY safe to you all

AlexWilMac

I'll try to send you one as soon as possible (I don't have the Duo2 here). But, meanwhile I recommend you to always save your L4L configurations to your PC in the future.
I also change the L4L location for saving my configuration from its default to my VU+ HDD, for a start.
I created a subfolder just and only for L4L. This way you can also go back to some of your previous configurations, in case the last does not satisfy you. They are all saved including the creation date and this is very useful.

AlexWilMac

I found something on my pc (it's a backup of my parents Duo2). So I can't check how it looks like, as I have here a Solo4K and there are slight differences between those two LCDs.
But maybe you can use it as a starting point. Unzip and put in the right folder, but remember my advice ;)

Attachments

• LCD4linux-20180304_1506.lcd.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 36